• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

YouTube - An Obsession and an Uncertain Future

D

DestinyDecade

Well Google are certainly big meanies for not letting us have what we want QQ.
What have they said about the whole change elements ?

I don't know. I haven't looked into it.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I agree. I do miss a lot of YouTube's old features – especially the layouts! Reading through these posts is making me remember what YouTube USED to be like. I wasn't really into watching videos everyday on it until recently, but I still remember the five star system. I also remember everyone making a big deal when the layouts first changed.

...I've got to say, though, I'm not sure there's much we can do about it...

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I'll start off with your first question on how to get rid of a youtube addiction. This is what I say, and it's going to be hard as hell for you. You need to BLOCK youtube entirely, and block youtube webcaches. Keep it blocked for a month, and if it gets better then go back on it but don't over do it. But if you're not ready yet, keep it blocked for as long as you want. it would help if you got someone else to block it via Windows Family Safety, with passwords and such. Now back to the main thing.

Youtube was amazing. Hell I'd go as far as say it was nearly PERFECT. But, in all reality we needed to come to a realization while youtube was in it's prime. The realization was that we needed to realize that eventually it was going to either crash miserably, merge with another site (Like Vimeo), or be bought out by a huge internet company or ISP. That's exactly what happened. It's happened before with other sites. Most sites created by a few people eventually become **** when they get big. Not trying to bash on facebook, but I give it 2 more years. Why? Because it's going downhill with all these changes and updates etc. Now many people come to the assumption that since youtube is coming up with updates that are ****, it's going to be like facebook and continue downhill. The thing is, I honestly don't think it's going to crash for a long time. The website has BILLIONS of content on it, you can find practically anything on it, with the exception of explicit material (except when 4chan or Anonymous raids <3). It's not like facebook, it's not a social networking site. And it's not like other video sites. It's unique and it's the perfect video sharing site. it's safe as well. Yes updates suck, but we get used to them and we have to get passed them. The only true hope I see is for youtube to have a MAJOR reboot and get all the videos and such back to their old selves but making the layouts smoother etc. Or, a new site can come along and try to take over youtube, hopefully buying it out to get it's content. But if a better site comes out, and youtube crashes, what will happen to all the famous videos etc? That is the true question.

On a side note, I love google's search engine and its easter eggs, but it's doing too much. They're great and all, but they need to focus on making things they have that are **** BETTER instead of buying more. Fix all the bugs and get your google maps directions perfected by actually driving them and trying to find better routes with lest turns for new drivers etc. Ease is what makes things better and popular, just like internet browsers.

Also, Destiny you seem like you will make a great contribution to the forums, so Welcome!

D

DestinyDecade

@TheMasterSword: Thank you very much. :) I'm pleased. I want to do what I can to send a proper message to YouTube telling it's users to stand together and tell Google to fix the site.

Dan

I'm not addicted to youtube... but rather the web in general. The problem with youtube is a lot of the video's are blocked in my country. The videos are often a waste of time or poor quietly. :P

D

DestinyDecade

I'm not addicted to youtube... but rather the web in general. The problem with youtube is a lot of the video's are blocked in my country. The videos are often a waste of time or poor quietly. :P

Where are you from because I have the same issue too especially with stuff such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I don't even remember what YouTube used to be like. I get so used to the constant changes that I forget about how it was previously.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Heh. Legend of YouTube: The revenge of Google.

I honestly agree with DestinyDecade. I really like google as a search engine, and it is really superior to others. Google has a lot of power and it is turning them crazy. I mean, they are good enough without grabbing more. YouTube was a prodigy when solo and I think that it should be hurled back into its own sense of bliss; for the company and for the public.

Now LISTEN to what I am about to say and listen WELL!

We NEED to stop this! And do it FAST! If it keeps going like this the changes will be unreversable and we are SCREWED! Uncover the true intentions of Google (The spying) and put a stop to this spreading disease!

Now, I like the idea of a blackout day. An idea to get attention differs from genders, as they all like opposite things. For female, all those with BBM send a Broadcast about this to everyone in the contacts and it will spread. Boys, go to school/collage and ask the head to make an assembly about this or something. Another idea is going to the library and releasing a compaign about it. Now, I will make a group called 'Save YouTube' and everyone that will join the compaign, gather here and we will discuss a plan of action there.

We can DO this! Users UNITE!

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
HEY WE SHOULD CREATE A YOUTUBE ACCOUNT WHERE WE TELL OTHERS THIS STUFF CUZ I NEVER KNEW IT AND WE COULD TRY TO MAKE VIDEOS AND STUFF AND IN FACT, hold on sec while i do something...

wait... i made a group so we can get this out. it seems like im making a big deal out of this, but i really like youtube and i dont wanna take a chance. But maybe we could get lucky and we can get youtube alot better like before in its prime.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom