• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Real Self, or Your Alter Ego Online Self?

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Which do you like to, be in general, more?

I think I Favor my Online Self, "Jake Protagonist", more. My Avatar And profile picture is what he or I looks like. And I guess He Looks and Acts exactly like me (Minus the Ears, Hat, and the long part of my hair where the bangs would be of course) But I mainly just like the name more :D I seriously hate my real last name.

Also, you can feel free to post a picture of your online alter ego, if you have one that is, too :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My avatar and signature describe me well enough, I should think, so I'll hold off from posting another picture. As for your first request, I typically like my alter ego. In real life I'm somewhat irascible and tend to brood (which I do when I'm thinking deeply, because I don't talk much but listen a lot). Online I'm a tad more open, for I can see what I'm putting down and know that I won't misstate something...I can be quite the stumblebum away from the computer. I also have a jocular side anywhere, but tend to hide it because it most often comes off as immature or downright rediculous.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
My avatar is, like yours, my "online alter ego." In case I change it this is it:
Me.png

On the internet I try to talk as if the conversation was taking place in real life. Of course, some make absolutely no sense in a face-to-face conversation, that's the only exception. I'm really quiet in real life so I like my internet self more because I simply speak more (but I sometimes feel like I still don't talk enough). Still, my thoughts are where I talk the absolute most.

I think this all has to do with the fear that I'l embarrass myself. If I were to talk to someone face-to-face and say something stupid the person who I was talking to could ruin my reputation. The internet is anonymous (for the most part) so saying something dumb won't be so harmful unless you say it to people you're well acquainted with, like me to the people of Zelda Dungeon. In my thoughts no one else could possibly know of a dumb thought but me until I express that dumb thought publicly.

To summarize all of this: I like my online self more because he is more willing to express ideas.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
My avatar and signature describe me well enough, I should think, so I'll hold off from posting another picture. As for your first request, I typically like my alter ego. In real life I'm somewhat irascible and tend to brood (which I do when I'm thinking deeply, because I don't talk much but listen a lot). Online I'm a tad more open, for I can see what I'm putting down and know that I won't misstate something...I can be quite the stumblebum away from the computer. I also have a jocular side anywhere, but tend to hide it because it most often comes off as immature or downright rediculous.
Yea, Im pretty boring and quiet in Public too, The only time Im not is when Im Online, or hanging out with my friend.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
It used to be that my online self was the person who I wanted to be. After a lot of awkward teenage-ness/discovering myself that I needn't get into, I actually am now pretty similar on both ends, which is kind of what I wanted to be. I've found online people tend to be more accepting, and welcome you more, especially during the 'awkward years.'

As for name... I actually don't go by my 'real name' anywhere online, unless I have to. I absolutely hate it. It is the same in real life; I go by the name I gave myself (not referring to ZeldaOcarina, by the way). I don't mind my last name, but I don't introduce myself with it.

In regards to a picture of my alter ego... I don't really have one. So we'll pretend I look like Zelda! :zelda:

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
On the internet I try to talk as if the conversation was taking place in real life. Of course, some make absolutely no sense in a face-to-face conversation, that's the only exception. I'm really quiet in real life so I like my internet self more because I simply speak more (but I sometimes feel like I still don't talk enough). Still, my thoughts are where I talk the absolute most.

I think this all has to do with the fear that I'l embarrass myself. If I were to talk to someone face-to-face and say something stupid the person who I was talking to could ruin my reputation. The internet is anonymous (for the most part) so saying something dumb won't be so harmful unless you say it to people you're well acquainted with, like me to the people of Zelda Dungeon. In my thoughts no one else could possibly know of a dumb thought but me until I express that dumb thought publicly.

To summarize all of this: I like my online self more because he is more willing to express ideas.
I'm kinda the same way. It's alot easier for me to interact online b/c you have alot more time to think about what you want to say and you don't have to worry about saying something stupid like irl. That's how it is for me at least:P.
Overall I like my online alter ego more b/c I feel like I can be more open and expressive online, and because I have more in common with people I interact with online, and they aren't as judgemental as ppl irl, I can talk about more w/ ppl online.
As for alter ego pic....I don't have one yet xp. I don't know what it should be.

I'm actually not that loud or anything around people. I mean, certain people, I act the same as I do on ZD when I'm around them, but, I usually am pretty quiet in real life.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I have my real self and my Alter ego so this is me as my alter ego self and my real self

My Real Self:I'm rather loud and annoying when it comes to things, I really have the nickname Nerdy Ninja at school, and the nickname Miss Josie to my teacher, I'm a kind of person who loves to read and draw after my work is done, everyone thinks I am the funniest person in my class either saying Wait what or Like a Boss(since I go crazy at P.E.), people usually find me imitating the Joker's smile or me with my other voice that seems very funny to my classmates, but rather hurting to me. I am also a Tomboy, I am not a girly girl, I am into games such as shooting games (not that crappy Call of Duty series), I am a Vocaloid fan to my homeroom, but they don't know like "what the hell is Anime". I have common things like my brother, we both love Anime and love drawling,playing games (such as Zelda and Kingdom Hearts, or Pokemon). And I am also have the traits Irish, German,Italian, almost everything in Europe.

My Alter Ego Self: On the internet, I kinda describe myself to users I never met, I just tell them some basic things, I'm a girl, I came from a tall family, I am addicted to playing Zelda Games and reading Anime (or listening or watching). I am a Nerdy Ninja on the internet as well, but I can't program myself to be in the pixel world, if I could it would be nice, I usually describe about my hobbies on the internet, and I describe my school and what I usually do, that is pretty much what I said about my Real Self, I try to to describe much about me on the internet, but I could go into more detail about that, I do draw myself into interesting things about other people who describe about them, its interesting learning about someone you haven't met or seen.

So I am more of my Real Self than my Alter Ego Self, that's me for a change

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well my real self is my online self, except I'm a bit more mature in real life. In the "Shout Box" you see a more goofier and weird side of me while you'll see a more intelligent and harsher side of me around the forum as well as my views and opinions on different subjects. So I guess you can say that I'm funny and goofy while still being able to have intelligent conversations with people. I'm also harsh and not afraid to handle violent situations. I think it's because I'm angry a lot and also because I hate people. Well that's me. I have nothing to hide here on the internet. Just only in real life when I go around Batmaning....Damn! I said too much.

Wisdom Triforce

Call of duty FTL (spits)
i actually like my real self better i got strait A's a hot girlfriend i dont look half bad and im popular so my real life is fine but dont get me wrong i also like to say what i want like on the ZD iget to show my gaming nerd side alot more except with girlfriend shes a big LoZ fan too so we chat all the time about it.

My alter Ego:
Prankster of the universe! Sits in a twisted tea cafe and plots on what I want to get rid of next! XD
I have a drawing board in my desktop which I call my lounge! and I tend to have this thing for Power yes very power hungry... am I going a little to far?.... O.O

My Real Self:
Loves waffles! Shouts out Waffles! (at my house mostly) has no friends in the real world...
Teased like crazy as a child and many more terrible things...
To scared to hurt a fly and does not talk much at all!
Has the wrong interest in gender.... XD I do not know if I am aloud to say it on this site!
Hang around my sister a lot.
Does not own a twisted tea cafe! But wishes! "Sob"...
To friendly for words! I like everybody but they do not like me back. :(
Big fan of The legend of Zelda it is my life sooo far, and yeah I could go on! But anyway all hail the waffle box! :D

Wisdom Triforce

Call of duty FTL (spits)
My alter Ego:
Prankster of the universe! Sits in a twisted tea cafe and plots on what I want to get rid of next! XD
I have a drawing board in my desktop which I call my lounge! and I tend to have this thing for Power yes very power hungry... am I going a little to far?.... O.O

My Real Self:
Has the wrong interest in gender.... XD I do not know if I am aloud to say it on this site!/QUOTE]

im pretty sure your aloud to say gay also dont feel alone im actually bisexual but currently dating a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom