• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've caught up with all the new posts. From musicfan's softclaim and relative lack of contributing to the discussion, to Diego's aggression, to ALiT's and Sadia's general inactivity on Day 1. I haven't really played with ALiT so I don't know much about his playstyle, but I have played with Sadia before and I know her to be inactive.

My vote on Diego stays, since when I saw him refer to himself as "the most pro-town player," combined with deflecting attention away from himself onto musicfan, it didn't make him look very good. As for the other players I mentioned, I'll definitely keep tabs on them.

IGMEOY ALiT, Sadia, musicfan

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
I do want to make an accusation/vote before this in-game day is out, but I'm in far less of a rush than I would be on ZU because my understanding is that the day lasts for like 3 more days?

Are days at ZD usually so long? It seems like it makes a breeding ground for inactivity if people can just go two or three days without contributing at all or only making a post or two.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Usually they're shorter. I think it's just because day one, in case people miss the games start at first. Either that or Crus hates us.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
First off, I'd like to clarify my position on rv-ing inactives. Pressuring them to post is fine. However, I prefer not killing solely off of an rv.

As I said in the sign-ups, I've been gone at a wrestling camp, yah little turds...

Any who, I really don't like diegyiyos playstyle, he’s honestly coming off as really pretentious to me. Yes, you might be an asset to us, but you don't have to be so arrogant about it. You also don't need to be so against helping us, if you want to be an asset learn to work together, and moreover, learn to have fun, that’s what games are for man.

There's a good chance he just has noob sickness (At the least, to this forum) so I won't solidly accuse you of mafia off of any unusual quirks.

I don't like Diego insinuating that talkative people should be left alone because they produce content, any half good Mafia should be doing just that. That's why I also call BS on your explanation of what'd you'd be doing if you were being Mafia. Not only does it just sound like your making up a scenario of what a you as a Mafia would be doing to lead us away from even suspecting your Mafia, it also just seems like an off post altogether.

A lot has been said, but most of it about nothing particularly relevant. I also kind of skimmed because I'm kind of busy at the moment. Honestly my biggest suspect this game is JC. I'm going to outright say I have little basis for this. However, it just seems out of character for JC to be supportive to a new player and put so much weight on him, especially someone so arrogant, JC usually seems more cautious, and aggressive. Or is that just me? He honestly just seems to be off so far... I'll come back to you if I can find something more solid :cool:

Prego Diego, MF is usually this mellow and un-talkative, I wouldn't put much thought into those actions. Not dismissing your accusation of course, I’m just saying. I'm almost sure he was joking, day one shenanigans is my guess. Musicfan is an extremely intelligent player, in my opinion; I would hope that someone as smart as him, and who’s been playing this game for millennia, would never post what he posted as a mafia. He'd be just throwing himself under the bus.

I wrote the prior text before MF soft claimed. Again, this is more of MF's play style. I believe him; I really doubt he’d dig himself this deep of a hole if he was really Mafia, MFs smarter than that.

Interesting Day one so far guys. Honestly nice to see some more action though. Sad that I missed day one rvs though :kawaii:

The reason why I'm leaning towards trusting Diego is that I'm trying to figure him out. He's been the most active in the game thus far and, as a completely new player to our Mafia, that could be good or really bad. If he's Town then this leader and initiater role is fine, but it's whether he's Mafia. If he's Mafia then we're essentially letting someone dictate play who will manipulate play enough to cause harm. Still though, as controversial as he's been, I don't think that's exactly "scummy" behaviour. In fact the main reason I'm holding off any suspicions on him as of yet is because his playstyle is similar to my own (it would be contradictory of me to place a vote on him for how he's been playing). I'd never lynch someone who forced activity unless they become detrimental or were found out to be Mafia.

Eoghan

Kasutony
Unvote

I wasn't really feeling it. Now the grill's open and waiting.

@PokaLink I've explained why it's good to have people out in the open and talking. Even if they're scum, it's a dangerous game to play by talking so much. Eventually, you're likely to be caught for it.

Diego might be a bit abrasive, but he's digging away at his own grave with each post if he's scum.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Fair points from both of you. I still get a mixed feeling from Dango mango, but Eoghan is right to some extent. Discussion is discussion. However, every player has just high chance of being Mafia, regardless of there activity levels, I just don't want that to be an excuse. And as JC stated, a talkative Mafia can easily manipulate and bend the will of the town, that's a big risk. Though it's not like Danko has started bandwagons or anything.

Diego

Donger King of leis
Pfff.... you guys wanted players, that is what you guys got. Or were you expecting a tame, easy player? Sorry for being agressive, and siglehandly making this game far more active than it would have been.... (that was sarcasm, by the way)

You say you skimmed... and only by skimming you have already such a strong opinion on me? Yes, I'm super arrogant, pretentious and generally a dick. But I'm the dick that's taking the first line here, and the one who decided to actually start making some progress.
Thanks to that, Musicfan is (kinda) cleared and holds much more townie weight than when I first went for him.
I was willing to assume the full responabilty for his lynch. But I guess since you were so.... "focused" on the important stuff, you missed that.

I dislike your attitude a lot. That sheepish sense of "talkative players are up to no good" is bad, One thing is not believing someone, and be ready to counter attack them once you can somewhat prove that person is lying. Another one is just punishing activity. I've seen so many Towns destroy between each other out of fear of the talkative people. You have to go along them until you can dethrone them, or else, silence will be a thing.

But again.... since you were so focused, I guess you also missed the post where I explain this in detail.

And furthermore, if you wanted the "veterans of ZD" to take the lead... why didn't you talked?
You had 5 freaking days to talk, bro. Were you busy all of them?

I AM NOT SAYING THAT A TALKATIVE PLAYER IS ALWAYS TOWN
I am saying that a talkative player is always easier to confirm as a townie, or prove to be Mafia, because of the sheer amount of content they post.
I am not saying "trust them wholeheartedly". I am saying "Don't punish them for taking the risk of speak up" because that causes the town to remain silent fearing a lynch if they talk too much, and the Mafia can blend in and gets an excuse to lay low.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Pfff.... you guys wanted players, that is what you guys got. Or were you expecting a tame, easy player? Sorry for being agressive, and siglehandly making this game far more active than it would have been.... (that was sarcasm, by the way)

You say you skimmed... and only by skimming you have already such a strong opinion on me? Yes, I'm super arrogant, pretentious and generally a dick. But I'm the dick that's taking the first line here, and the one who decided to actually start making some progress.
Thanks to that, Musicfan is (kinda) cleared and holds much more townie weight than when I first went for him.
I was willing to assume the full responabilty for his lynch. But I guess since you were so.... "focused" on the important stuff, you missed that.

I dislike your attitude a lot. That sheepish sense of "talkative players are up to no good" is bad, One thing is not believing someone, and be ready to counter attack them once you can somewhat prove that person is lying. Another one is just punishing activity. I've seen so many Towns destroy between each other out of fear of the talkative people. You have to go along them until you can dethrone them, or else, silence will be a thing.

But again.... since you were so focused, I guess you also missed the post where I explain this in detail.

And furthermore, if you wanted the "veterans of ZD" to take the lead... why didn't you talked?
You had 5 freaking days to talk, bro. Were you busy all of them?

I AM NOT SAYING THAT A TALKATIVE PLAYER IS ALWAYS TOWN
I am saying that a talkative player is always easier to confirm as a townie, or prove to be Mafia, because of the sheer amount of content they post.
I am not saying "trust them wholeheartedly". I am saying "Don't punish them for taking the risk of speak up" because that causes the town to remain silent fearing a lynch if they talk too much, and the Mafia can blend in and gets an excuse to lay low.

No we don't want tame players we wanted people who can enjoy the game the way we do. The mafia has had a very low win record recently and day one has started off just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread