• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Kasutony
Why do you express more surprise at a random first vote (not exactly uncommon to do) vs. someone who self voted?

I took it as a form of abstaining but showing presence, for now. The vote for Diego's probably to get people squirming, as well. Retaliate if you want; capricious behavior isn't going to do us much good.

Nevertheless, unless I find a viable target to lynch today, I'm going with an inactive lynch if possible. Even with that, we can garner some information. From then on, it's all active.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nope, I'm seriously... I don't know... surprised?
I mean, I know my way around Mafia, and 10/10 times those who try to be funny and "OMG I'm so crazy, u cant read me scrub! lolololol" usually are either very sad people who try to stand up because their game style is quite lacking, or else they are hiding something that's not Town.
Wouldn't look too much into that on ZD. Day One usually starts off silly and random and then ends with some form of trying/desperation towards the end.

Vote: PokaLink

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nevertheless, unless I find a viable target to lynch today, I'm going with an inactive lynch if possible. Even with that, we can garner some information. From then on, it's all active.
Question: Would you rather lynch an inactive or lynch for a petty reason on Day One?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I took it as a form of abstaining but showing presence, for now. The vote for Diego's probably to get people squirming, as well. Retaliate if you want; capricious behavior isn't going to do us much good.

A lot of people ignore Day 1, so may not be the best plan for today.

I think it was merely your invitation to the jungle.

Unless @DekuNut picked you out in particular rather than one of us other newcomers?
Nope. Just random.

Diego

Donger King of leis
Nope. I refuse to ignore what happens on Day 1. That's literally THE most anti-town strategy ever.

Why?

Because Day 1 is the only instance when the Mafia doesn't have the chance to coordinate nor create a believable cover for scummy actions. If we take everything as a joke on Day 1, then they are free to slip up without being punished by it.

If we are active, and start asking questions, no matter how silly they are, they will commit mistakes. they will say things that make no sense, and they will be punished.

That being said it only makes sense to me to start with the two first posters, who were also the two first votants.

Why did you voted? Random is not a good excuse, btw, and I will not accept it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Nope. I refuse to ignore what happens on Day 1. That's literally THE most anti-town strategy ever.

Why?

Because Day 1 is the only instance when the Mafia doesn't have the chance to coordinate nor create a believable cover for scummy actions. If we take everything as a joke on Day 1, then they are free to slip up without being punished by it.

If we are active, and start asking questions, no matter how silly they are, they will commit mistakes. they will say things that make no sense, and they will be punished.

That being said it only makes sense to me to start with the two first posters, who were also the two first votants.

Well then vote me. My only reasoning is random. It's how most people start off the game. Besides, obviously it's sparking conversation.

Diego

Donger King of leis
If you say it's a random vote, then don't act like it was casted as a way to spark a discussion.
I'm the one trying to get something on the roads, while you guys just wait for the storm to pass. That attitude isn't going to take anyone far as long as I am here.

Everyone starts like that? Ehmm... so that's a good way to justify your actions? In the future when a bandwagon happens what are you going to say? "Oh yeaah, I voted that guy who was town because everybody did". Great. 10/10

Now, you think that a vote is the only way to seal tings? No dude, you have to give a reason, work and justify our vote, or else holds no meaning.
And a vote holding no meaning, is a great tool for the Mafia.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
If you say it's a random vote, then don't act like it was casted as a way to spark a discussion.
I'm the one trying to get something on the roads, while you guys just wait for the storm to pass. That attitude isn't going to take anyone far as long as I am here.

Everyone starts like that? Ehmm... so that's a good way to justify your actions? In the future when a bandwagon happens what are you going to say? "Oh yeaah, I voted that guy who was town because everybody did". Great. 10/10

Now, you think that a vote is the only way to seal tings? No dude, you have to give a reason, work and justify our vote, or else holds no meaning.
And a vote holding no meaning, is a great tool for the Mafia.
Vote Degio

For takeing day one to seriously. This is a legitiment vote. Something seems off about how pro town he is.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

Why?

I agree with some things; however Day One being random isn't exclusive to Mafia making mistakes and often leads to people being too hasty and super critical. That's fine in a way, a Day One lynch will never be based on facts or even half-truths since we know hardly anything except for what's usually called "scummy behaviour".

Of course I do agree that it's best to lynch someone who's suspicious rather than an inactive due to the fact that inactives are common on Day One and I'd rather not take a shot in the dark. Still though, I think this state of mind, especially with a lot of new players in the game, can become reckless if we jump to assumptions too early. Best indication of scum on Day One usually comes from a half-hearted lynch with Mafia jumping on or off depending on how far in to the Day it is.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Vote Degio

For takeing day one to seriously. This is a legitiment vote. Something seems off about how pro town he is.
He's definitely highly defensive. It seems, from his post anyway, that he only took notice when someone would vote him early on. Honestly though, I think that this might just be his playstyle and I can relate to that playstyle somewhat as well. Leaning Town for me atm.

Diego

Donger King of leis
Vote Degio

First off, I'm Diego, not "Degio"
Second, voting someone for looking "too-pro-town" is seriously the single worst reasoning I have ever read in a Mafia game. Congratulations
images

Unless you were joking, in which case... dude, you're not funny.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
First off, I'm Diego, not "Degio"
Second, voting someone for looking "too-pro-town" is seriously the single worst reasoning I have ever read in a Mafia game. Congratulations
images

Unless you were joking, in which case... dude, you're not funny.
Nah, he was being serious. Someone trying to look pro-town early on so that they have good town cred in later days. The fact that you're making such a big deal about random voting is most of it.
And I'll reply to your reply to me in a bit

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
RVS is a pretty well known term in Mafia. I find it hard to believe you haven't seen a single one (especially in 6 years of playing). I agree with some of your points, but I think you're greatly over-exaggerating the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom