• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Tri Force Heroes Preview Trailer

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I'd say it's ambiguous for the first game, not AoL it's definitely brown there, still given the course they've headed recently I think he's meant to be blond only.

Either way, like I was saying I think the story in this game is pretty bad, would have preferred a reason behind there being three links.
Whatever you say ZeldafreakCJM. Just play the game first before you judge the story.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Technically you can't name Link in FS on the gba, and FSA, I don't mind the option though, but I do mind Link being three people for no reason. Perhaps it might be answered but I mean all it would take is the witch splitting Link in hopes of stopping him from defeating her, this would create some goofy irony on the witch's part as she would have made the legendary totem heroes.

As for single player, I planned on playing in that anyways, assuming I was gonna bother with the game, but I find the weird statues kinda unsettling, could I not just be blond link with a couple of statues not dressed as Link?

Likewise, single player doesn't really solve my issue, I always imagined Link being named Link for the same reason he always looks the same, because of some weird fate or reincarnation thing, I have a hard time rationalizing this game wheb there seems to be little thought put into it.
The way i always imagined link being named the same is because he looked the same as the past heroes so his parents must have been like hey he looks just like the hero in the legends named link lets name him link also. Its not that far fetched since lots of people do that.

So, then Link is overrated to you? He's blond in AlttP, and litterally everything else including this, other than AoL and the cartoon.

Link started as a brunette in his first two games, even game art and merchandise showed this. He then went pink in the third game and has been varying shades of blonde since.He's already gone through changes.

Zelda has never had a strong story. Ever. They change it up now and then, but its more predictable then a Disney film.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
What's with the overly dramatic approach in making the intro look like a Germanic fairytale? It's almost like The Legend of Zelda meets The Brothers Grimm.

The gameplay isn't all that spectacular--just the conventional use of items/environments to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. Pretty standard fare. The co-op looks cool, though.

Feminine costumes? Doesn't affect me, but I never saw the point of developers adding any of that array in. Would putting Link in a dress make a player somehow feel more heroic?

On the subject of Link's dopplegangers, they just didn't show how he turned into three because the point of this trailer wasn't to give off plot elements. That'll either be explained in a future trailer/news release, or left as a plot device in the final product.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
it's a part of his character, really wouldn't be Link if they changed it too drastically, same with the hylian race, or green tunic, or sex. I'd rather they just introduce a new character before changing long standing aspects of Link
Are we really discussing the prospect of the looks of a "canon" looking Link when the character has gone from this:
1389426719006.png

to this:
175px-ALttP-FS_Link.png

to this:
oot-link06.gif

to this:
Wakerlink.jpg

to this
Link_Artwork_1_(Twilight_Princess).png

to this:
Link_(Skyward_Sword).png

to this:
ZELDAGENDER_610.jpg
There is obviously something wrong if you cannot distinguish that each Link is their own person.

Anyway, I still cannot wait for this game for the mere fact that I will get to play it with all of my friends.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Link started as a brunette in his first two games, even game art and merchandise showed this. He then went pink in the third game and has been varying shades of blonde since.He's already gone through changes.

Zelda has never had a strong story. Ever. They change it up now and then, but its more predictable then a Disney film.
Ehh there's plenty of artwork showing TLoZ link as blond, including all the concept art. He's not pink in ALttP he's blond, the pink is a pallet issue, the rest have all been blond.
Are we really discussing the prospect of the looks of a "canon" looking Link when the character has gone from this:
1389426719006.png

to this:
175px-ALttP-FS_Link.png

to this:
oot-link06.gif

to this:
Wakerlink.jpg

to this

to this:
Link_(Skyward_Sword).png

to this:
ZELDAGENDER_610.jpg
There is obviously something wrong if you cannot distinguish that each Link is their own person.

Anyway, I still cannot wait for this game for the mere fact that I will get to play it with all of my friends.
All of those except Aol, are blond, blue eyed, white, hylian boys named Link, there's some changes but most of them are no different than say the difference between classic sonic and modern sonic, especially if you put TP link right next to ss link, or all the toon link next to eachother, or albw next to oracles link.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
1389426719006.png

to this:
175px-ALttP-FS_Link.png

to this:
oot-link06.gif

to this:
Wakerlink.jpg

to this

to this:
Link_(Skyward_Sword).png

to this:
ZELDAGENDER_610.jpg

its not the fact that each link is their own person its that fact that theres 3 heros at once that arnt the same link because how can the spirit of the hero be in 3 people at once it just doesn't make sense. But what i dont get is in this it says that theres only 1 hero so idk https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhl-txSkox7seHWzkA2QP8ALeG6gmna5k&t=3&v=7LupkyO0ZhM

Last edited:

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I just wish there was a reason behind Link being split, I agree with The Omni Triforcer, that Link being three people is weird.

Alternatively, if they had gone with something else, perhaps Zelda could have been a playable character alongside Link, or maybe impa, or two not Link Heroes from this kingdom of Hytopia.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hope to pick up this one sometime in November and give it a play through over my summer break. The game looks like it would be a lot of fun playing through with friends through local multiplayer. Not so keen on playing online multiplayer though, I would imagine it would be quite difficult to effectively collaborate online based on what I played at the EB Games Expo. Although, that was everyone's first time with the game so I will try to give it a chance before I rule it out completely.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I hope to pick up this one sometime in November and give it a play through over my summer break. The game looks like it would be a lot of fun playing through with friends through local multiplayer. Not so keen on playing online multiplayer though, I would imagine it would be quite difficult to effectively collaborate online based on what I played at the EB Games Expo. Although, that was everyone's first time with the game so I will try to give it a chance before I rule it out completely.
I think online will be awesome with other Zelda veterans on this site. So online is a huge plus for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom