• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
**** I hope I can make the deadline in time... I'm currently around halfway through reading and so far I think I have somewhat of a strong suspicion. But I need to read through the whole thread to see the bigger picture.

Guys (and gals) read through the first 3 pages. That's all I'm going to say.

I looked back and the only thing I noticed was ALIT, Sooshi, and Sadia's posts. I tried to find someone who connects with them but I isn't find anything really...

I mean, LittleGumball claimed Grandfather... Automatically scum.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I think it was more so the methods people chose. People that flipped scum seemed to try and point out how we should spread damage. That was the only thing I could pickup out of the Pendio/LG weirdness.

JC, why you gotta hold everyone on a cliff hanger. Come back here and attack mister, don't pull this super hero stuff, you ain't Goku! Goku ain't in Smash!!!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@JC-Hurin without explicitly saying what you found in the first three pages (unless you want to), can you confirm who it was that caught your eye? I checked back and I have a small idea who/what you're referring to. If the person is Frozen Chosen, then I spotted what you did. If not, then I'm confused about what you found in the first 3 pages.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so my main suspicion is Frozen Chosen and here's why:

First post seems incredibly scummy looking back. Why should we spread out damage? For one that defeats the object of one lynch a day. And two, this will take a long time to get a first kill allowing Mafia to pick people off during the night and make calculated day attacks later on in the game while everyone is vulnerable. @Frozen Chosen I really want to know your through process here because this tactic is a one way ticket to a Mafia win.

Actually Sadia, who flipped scum, echoed the idea. Was this Mafia's first tactic to manipulate Town by using the new unique setup of the game to turn things in their favour straight from the off. We also see other scum interject their thoughts with Johnny sitting on the fence and Alit trying disagreeing. This is a common tactic from scum early on. One or two present an idea, another scum sits on the fence and the other completely disagrees.

Looking back though, this was Day One and I could definitely see scum getting on board with this idea. And look who disagrees:
Kokirion said:
I dislike that approach. I'm not gonna join in a forced everyone attacks someone this day to give every player some basic damage.

From all we know, (and I read the last game) some nightkills might not give enough damage to kill everyone. If we now give everyone damage, we make everyone weaker. And why would we? It's still early, so if we think someone is scummy we can still easily kill that person the same day. And hell, I don't want any damage just because you want to be able to more easily kill me later. As a rational but distrusting individual, I highly oppose that.

I suggest everyone just does whatever they want (as in, don't spread it out too much, just honestly attack someone today if you feel he/she is the most suspicious, but don't feel forced to attack either). Additionally, I do think we should kill at least one person per day. That way we do gain some valuable leads.

He gave a great response that completely shifted the tactic of damage everyone. Could this be the reason why Koki was killed? It's also interesting that right after Koki says this, two confirmed scum are the first to reply. And they seem to somewhat agree with Koki.

After seemingly a unanimous disagreement to his idea, Frozen backs out[/QUOTE]. Then he just says he "doesn't know what to do". Also look at this post from Sadia after everyone disagreed with the idea:

Sadia said:
Keep in mind hat Sadia is scum. She immediately deflects the blame on to those who disagreed with Frozen's idea. Remember the only advocates for this idea so far are Frozen, Sadia (scum), Eduarda (3rd party) and maybe Heroine; though she was on he fence. Was she saving her own ass as well as Frozen's here? Alit also makes a comment on Frozen:

A Link In Time said:
Okay, so Frozen Chosen was the first one to ask peoples’ opinions about how to plan attack strategies during the game. It’s not necessarily alignment indicative, but it’s an important post because it’s generated the most discussion of all the posts in the game thus far. At the end of the post, Frozen Chosen voices his support for wanting every player to damage a different player.
Why is Alit sugar coating what Frozen did? Seems like he's focusing more on the fact that Frozen generated discussion than the fact that he offered an attack plan that only works in scums favour, which pretty much everyone disagreed with. Hell Alit disagreed with Frozen (obviously he was lying to look good), but look at this ****ing post:
A Link In Time said:
I’m not ruling out the possibility of them being scum just yet, but I feel pretty good about Frozen Chosen, Kokirion, and Doc for generating so much discussion and bringing their ownviewpoints to the table, which is something scum may be afraid to do, especially if someone disagrees with them.
Alit thinks he's Town because he "generated discussion" and then he groups him in with two other players. Looking back at Day One, Frozen looks incredibly scummy and this post from Alit, as well as Sadia's, look like damage control. Can't also leave out that Alit also, later on in the same post, says he's wary of Frozen still. But wait...
Alit said:
Also, this is pure conjecture, but I still feel good about Doc, and I feel better about Frozen Chosen, since they were the other two people to first suggest alternate methods to attacking.
"Feel even better about Frozen"??? Make your mind up Alit. Why is he making an effort to say this about Frozen? Keep in mind that Alit says the reason for Mafia's kill on Koki was because he was experienced. Obviously that wasn't the only reason because Koki was one of the most vocal against Frozen's idea. So perhaps Alit was quickly trying to brush what happened with Frozen yesterday under the rug.

---

So after Alit slipped up and both Eduarda and Tristan were pushing for Alit's lynch, Frozen gave his thoughts:
Frozen Chosen said:
I thought the same thing too. And people are pointing out how similar it was to Sooshi in TF2. But, in the end, I pushed for Johnny's lynch and he really was VT.

That being said, couldn't their be an "original VT" from smash?
Seems to me like he's not advocating for his lynch or directly defending him. He's more so justifying it. Keep in mind that Alit is scum of course. He made a mistake, but it's still early and this is where damage control is needed. Other people also somewhat 'defended' Alit, but Frozen was the first and he used part of Tristan's post to justify Alit's action.

Sadia then supports Alit's lynch and Frozen decides to switch all of a sudden:

Frozen said:
Hmmm... I think going with slip ups and mistakes is the right way to go. I mean sure, people are bound to make mistakes. ALIT may have just made a mistake, but we probably can't let it slide unless a bigger lead is given. Inactive lynches could work but maybe we should just attack and not kill, similar to a pressure vote.

I'm not a fan of no lynches unless we are reaching lylo. But that's my opinion.

I think attacking ALIT is for the best.

Attack: A Link In Time

Also keep in mind that Mafia love to suck up to people they're threatened by. I said this at the beginning of Day Three and Johnny did this exact thing, which is why I killed him. Notice that Sadia also sucked up to Eduarda and now Frozen. Where has all this false confidence come from? Remember Mafia know who's Scum and who's not, so actively supporting Eduarda seems to them like they're getting huge Townie points and lynching scum pretty much nails it on the head. Sadia's post indicates to me that Mafia made a decision that Alit was in trouble and was going to be lynched, so it seems a little bit too convenient that Frozen changes his mind and attacks Alit.

Later on in the day though Frozen seems to have a clash with Johnny (who is now confirmed as scum). It's probably the only thing that is making me doubt my claim. But scum often pretend to argue or literally just disagree in the game (I know I've don't this before). The main thing that I making me tentative though is that Johnny isn't jumping to lynch Alit while Frozen did. If Mafia came to the conclusion to lynch Alit then why isn't Johnny doing this to gain Town credit? This is a major flaw in my suspicion.

However, another post by Alit. Alit is dying here and this post stands out and again it's about Frozen... That's not all though:

A Link In Time said:
Alit felt "really good" about Frozen, but not now?? This **** is confusing me.

---

Day Two in the Mafia House and Frozen defends Johnny's claim:
Frozen said:
We can't ignore that possibility; although, the way Sooshi handled himself tells me otherwise.
Also does this interaction reek of trying to quickly draw attention away from Johnny? Seems like a joint effort. They continue the discussion and pass the blame to Doc. Though Frozen does actually say he would attack either Sadia or Cthulhu. But then we have this post:

Frozen Chosen said:
Right now it looks like Sadia and Cthulhu are in the firing line until someone brings up that Eduarda could have been RB'ed. And now Frozen jumps right on board because, guess what, if she was RB'ed then it completely clears Sadia and Cthulhu from suspicion. And Mafia didn't know that Eduarda was told that RBs couldn't effect her. Frozen seemed way too excited here at the possibility of Eduarda being RB'ed which clears Sadia of suspicion because she targeted Eduarda.

Frozen also asks Eduarda this:

Frozen said:
Do you get pms if someone targets you?
Paranoid?

---

I do have to admit though, Frozen actually attacks Sadia. Keep in mind though, this was when Johnny was a 'confirmed Town' and everyone was pretty much certain that Sadia and Cthulhu targeted Eduarda. It was obvious one was lying. And Frozen did in fact wait for Cthulhu to attack first. If I was Mafia put in this position, I would also attack Sadia. But Frozen has attacked two of his teammates at this point. He seems so ****ing scummy looking back, but I can't deny that he attacked two Mafia members. But like I said, Sadia is going to die at this point, so Frozen has to look like Town to survive and I just don't see why he's positive about Sadia over Cthulhu; he should be equally suspicious of both since only scum would know who Town and Scum are. This post here sums it up:

Frozen said:
In regards to Chu, he should be next unless something big comes up. There is a possibility he is actually pretending to be this way, but I still believe he is genuine.
"Something big". Cthulhu could easily be scum here just as much as Sadia and only a Cop or Scum would know otherwise. [/QUOTE]
Alit said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom