• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Rise of the Tomb Raider ps4

8/10

Rise is a worthwhile sequel to the TR reboot, its has some added intricate features and Lara can interact with a lot more of the world than last time.
Its harder, there are more tombs and it looks amazing...

Problems i have with it though is that it suffers from sequel syndrome. The story is something that just seems to be happening and doesnt really feel urgent, nor too interesting. Plot points are rathet cliche and, aside from one other character, no one is as interesting as Lara and even then im kind of struggling to care about her as much ad i did last time.

The game is also set mostly in one place for the duration. Its still impressive that the world has as much variation as it does, being in one place, but even then theres only so much snow i can stand to look at for extended periods of time.

I just finished DOOM today. as a game it was like 6/10 but it was very nice since I got a new gaming laptop and I was able to play it at ultra high graphics.

Rise of the Tomb Raider ps4

8/10

Rise is a worthwhile sequel to the TR reboot, its has some added intricate features and Lara can interact with a lot more of the world than last time.
Its harder, there are more tombs and it looks amazing...

Problems i have with it though is that it suffers from sequel syndrome. The story is something that just seems to be happening and doesnt really feel urgent, nor too interesting. Plot points are rathet cliche and, aside from one other character, no one is as interesting as Lara and even then im kind of struggling to care about her as much ad i did last time.

The game is also set mostly in one place for the duration. Its still impressive that the world has as much variation as it does, being in one place, but even then theres only so much snow i can stand to look at for extended periods of time.
I am planning to play that game as well. I was worried whether the story was good or just a simple sequel. I know the gameplay has improved and in games like that a good gameplay is just as important, if not more, than the plot.

I am planning to play that game as well. I was worried whether the story was good or just a simple sequel. I know the gameplay has improved and in games like that a good gameplay is just as important, if not more, than the plot.

Story isnt bad, its just not surprising, so the intrigue is completely gone. It also feels like elements of this story should have been mentioned in the previous game to give it some ground and make it feel more connected. It feels like they just pulled out of thin aor because sequel.

Gameplay feels pretty much exactly the same apart from a few new items and the crafting system.

Story isnt bad, its just not surprising, so the intrigue is completely gone. It also feels like elements of this story should have been mentioned in the previous game to give it some ground and make it feel more connected. It feels like they just pulled out of thin aor because sequel.

Gameplay feels pretty much exactly the same apart from a few new items and the crafting system.
Well, even after that it seems to be doing pretty well. it has received pretty good ratings, i think better than the last one and it is not very long to complete so I will probably give it a shot and see if it was worth the sequel

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Wind Waker HD - 7/10

I was thrilled to start playing this and it looks so beautiful. I had an awesome time and I really loved the story but I felt like it was mostly filler honestly. Like even with the swift sail and the fast travel I kind of felt like there was a lot of nonsense going on at the end. For example finding the triforce pieces. I would have rather played through another dungeon instead. Also the final fight with Ganon seemed short and too easy? I expected him to turn into his beastly self after I stabbed him in the head and that's not what happened.

Overall I really loved it but I wish the ending was a little more fulfilling.

Last edited:
Wind Walker HD - 7/10

I was thrilled to start playing this and it looks so beautiful. I had an awesome time and I really loved the story but I felt like it was mostly filler honestly. Like even with the swift sail and the fast travel I kind of felt like there was a lot of nonsense going on at the end. For example finding the triforce pieces. I would have rather played through another dungeon instead. Also the final fight with Ganon seemed short and too easy? I expected him to turn into his beastly self after I stabbed him in the head and that's not what happened.

Overall I really loved it but I wish the ending was a little more fulfilling.
overall the gameplay in this Zelda game was one of my favourite, probably because of the sailing since it made it relatively different from the rest. in relation to the Ganon last fight it was ok i think. considering that you had to beat the Ganon puppet bosses first and you get to fight actual Ganon as the "final form" of the boss

Destiny. I give it an 8.5/10. It has some issues, but I love it. The artstyle and some of the views you can see in-game are gorgeous. Super excited for Destiny 2.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
overall the gameplay in this Zelda game was one of my favourite, probably because of the sailing since it made it relatively different from the rest. in relation to the Ganon last fight it was ok i think. considering that you had to beat the Ganon puppet bosses first and you get to fight actual Ganon as the "final form" of the boss

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game. It's one of my favorites, it's just behind a few others!

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
how would you rank them then? I know ocarina of time is one of the most pivotal games in the franchise and one of the best but Windwaker simply felt so much different.

I rank them as follows:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. Twilight Princess
4. Wind Waker

That's just my opinion though. Right now, those are my top four Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom