• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Pokémon Sun. 7/10
It was much more fun to play than X & Y. I feel like they gave a little more effort with the story here. It was an upgrade on the character customization; more skin shades and you could finally take your hat off! It also had a HUGE variety of Pokémon to catch. I didn't know who was officially on my team until I had to fight the elite four. The gym leaders were taken out, but I didn't miss them. Most of the trials and captains I still clearly remember pretty well; if someone cosplayed them, I'd know who they are. Speaking of which, I liked the character designs here too.

However, there were some downfalls. The character customization was cool & all, but all you could wear clothing wise was a bunch of tanks, capris and skirts ( there are still hats and shoes). And if you're a guy, all the shirts and "pants" seem to be a pallet swap of the same clothes. I personally prefer X & Y's clothing selection. Then there are cutscenes. They made cutscenes here, and they would be pretty cool IF they didn't forget to give your character expressions that isn't (╹◡╹)all the time! Even in pretty shocking, devastating cutscenes, your character is like this.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
PlayStation 2

It's hard for me to do this to a game I absolutely loved when I was younger, but I have to say, this game did not hold up over the years. Some games don't suffer because of older camera controls, but a game like this does. Added to the fact that the targeting mechanism is finicky, and you get a whole lot of unnecessary deaths that really just make the game not that fun.

Sure, the controls are the same as they were back in 2002 when I played this game the first time, but we didn't know any better. Those controls were fine for their time, but simply a fast-paced game like Vice City needs to have a completely controllable camera, and it doesn't.

On the other hand, the game is still as fun as I remember when it comes to not playing the story. Running people over, driving, finding stunt jumps, all of that is still fun. However, if you plan on running the main mission, you're going to have to get used to the fact that the game just isn't up to today's standards, and prepare for a lot of dying and rage.

★★☆☆☆

Mido

Version 1
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
PlayStation 2

Added to the fact that the targeting mechanism is finicky, and you get a whole lot of unnecessary deaths that really just make the game not that fun.

On the other hand, the game is still as fun as I remember when it comes to not playing the story. Running people over, driving, finding stunt jumps, all of that is still fun. However, if you plan on running the main mission, you're going to have to get used to the fact that the game just isn't up to today's standards, and prepare for a lot of dying and rage.

★★☆☆☆

After playing it about a year ago once again, I can definitely agree with you that the aiming hasn't held up the greatest. If there is anything that keeps me loving the game, it's the cars and the radio stations VROCK and VCPR, especially with the latter. VROCK with the memorable tunes, and VCPR with its humor. Now as for what I've last played:

Pokemon Sun Version: 7.75/10

After a very slow start, this game won me over. While I still like the gym leader formula, the trial/kahuna formula was a nice change of pace. The totem battles felt like legitimate boss battles akin to more traditional RPGs which was further supplemented by the ally Pokemon addition (said addition was a bit more frustrating during regular encounters). I also appreciated how the region felt a bit more intimate, with all the characters seemingly growing and changing together through the journey. I perhaps would have liked to see more region-original Pokemon present, but that's more of a nitpick and not a big deal for me (I only say this because I didn't have many Alolan-introduced Pokemon on my main team). This all being said, this was a Pokemon game that brought ample fresh air to the series in a few respects.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Super Mario Maker for 3DS

This game is fun, that I cannot deny. Having never actually played the Wii U version, it feels quite fresh to me, so I'd probably rate it a bit higher than people who feel like it's an unnecessary waste of space. My only real issue is the lack of a proper online feature. As it stands, I can't send to/receive levels from people with the Wii U version, or even the 3DS version, which is a huge missed opportunity. I can only trade levels with people locally, or via Streetpass, which definitely brings the rating down quite a lot for me.

So even though I've already spent some genuinely fun hours making levels and playing through Super Mario Challenge, the inability to trade with people online is unacceptable to me. So overall, I'd give it a 6/10, but the fun factor gets a 8/10 at least. So while I think this game was pretty much unnecessary, it is fun and an enjoyable experience. Not something I'd spend personal money on, but I don't regret using my gift card money to purchase it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
After playing it about a year ago once again, I can definitely agree with you that the aiming hasn't held up the greatest. If there is anything that keeps me loving the game, it's the cars and the radio stations VROCK and VCPR, especially with the latter. VROCK with the memorable tunes, and VCPR with its humor.

VCPR cracks me up, no matter how many times I hear it.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Bloodborne
Fantastic. Phenomenal. Spectacular. Critics call it "Dark Souls, but fast". I sunk probably way more hours than I should have into this game. Couldn't help it. Addicting as all hell. Engaging gameplay, fascinating and dark lore, challenging and fun. Grate gaym, 9.5/10. Wish I didn't have to pay for multiplayer. Totally worth getting a PS4 for. Maria is best girl.

Fear the Old Blood.

Bloodborne
Fantastic. Phenomenal. Spectacular. Critics call it "Dark Souls, but fast". I sunk probably way more hours than I should have into this game. Couldn't help it. Addicting as all hell. Engaging gameplay, fascinating and dark lore, challenging and fun. Grate gaym, 9.5/10. Wish I didn't have to pay for multiplayer. Totally worth getting a PS4 for. Maria is best girl.

Fear the Old Blood.

Ive not played Dark Souls, but i have played Bloodborne and Bloodborne is supposed to be fast? Dark Souls must be like swimming through syrup if Bloodborne is fast by comparison.

Bloodborne to me felt like a clunky, trudging slog, i imagine i'd reaaaaaaaally hate Dark Souls...

Anyway, last game I played;

Saints Row 4- 7/10

Its fun, i remember sinking a fair few hours into SR3, SR4's map is just SR3's with slight changes, nearly everything is the same aside from the story which is almost on the wrong side of daft and tacky and the superpowers.

The superpowers really give SR4 its flavour, its like an Infamous game, just easier with more to do even though what you do is largely the same thing. 7/10 for the nasty amount of recycling that makes it feel more like a mad add on to SR3.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Ive not played Dark Souls, but i have played Bloodborne and Bloodborne is supposed to be fast? Dark Souls must be like swimming through syrup if Bloodborne is fast by comparison.

Bloodborne to me felt like a clunky, trudging slog, i imagine i'd reaaaaaaaally hate Dark Souls...

The combat in Bloodborne is a lot faster and more aggressive and requires much quicker responses than Dark Souls. Actual movement speed is about the same. Both are fantastic.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Final Fantasy XV- 7/10

37 hours to complete main quest with a decent amount of time spent dossing around the open world section and doing side quests.

Overall a decent game. I must say I expected far better for something that took so long to make. Though I will also say it is superior to FF13 and the future of the series is looking up.

I liked the characters and the plot though I think story could have been told better. It had a decent soundtrack with some memorable pieces and when combat worked it was very fun. Also. Camp meals were a highlight of the game. The foods all look so delicious and it is rare for a game to make me so hungry, I usually only get like it for Yeto's soup but FFXV made me hungry all the time.

As for the gameplay the first half of the game is more enjoyable than the second as up until halt way FFXV features open world exploration. Then the game suddenly becomes more linear like a reverse of FF13 and I found in neither does this change work well.

I know what they were trying to focus the player on story at the halfway point and I can appreciate the effort as I think telling a story is very important. Getting it right in an open world game can be hard. I know full well from playing Fallout 4 that if you give a player too much to do then the main quest can become an afterthought and it led me to lose interest in that game. The world jusy doesn't seem worth saving when you could be rescuing an old lady's cat.

So.FF15 tries to stop this happening by switching the open world filled with side quests and exploration to tight corridors. From a gameplay perspective that isn't fun. I found with Witcher 3 the story was still the main focus even though the game was open world throughout with few linear sections. So I know it can be done and should have been done in FFXV. Rather than taking away the open world.

A negative for me during gameplay was I felt like I was fighting the camera sometimes and often I found myself unable to actually see the fight I was participating in. In one section I remember a glitch where the camera became fixed in a single position and that was over half an hour I had to play like that.

I noticed quite a few things from the reveal trailer were not included in the final game or changed for the worse. I know the director changed partway through development and I imagine it was due to that switch, the changes were made and some story aspects felt incomplete.

Another negative was during one of the linear sections of the game you lose your normal weapons and have to use the ring of lucis in tight corridors or use stealth. Anyone who has played will know what I am on about. This section is just annoying and not fun in the slightest.

Yet another negative for me is the lack of Fantasy in this Final Fantasy title. Most of the locations are based off real world places and it kind of takes the magic out of the world. I'd rather have had some more fantastical locations to visit.

Child of Light.

I like the style but bugger me this game is hard. Even power-levelling (like i usually do) tells me that I'm not going to see the end of it.

Hard to rate a game i cant do but it looks and feels fine. I just cant do it. Little pretentious perhaps.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yoshi and POOCHY's wooly world demo is a wonderful piece of work by Good-Feel® and Nintendo™. I had a quite hard time with the demo learning the controls, but soon enough it was as if I were playing the original SNES title. I love the game. I love it so much. I want it in my belly and I want to play it. I am definitely preordering this game for February 3rd, 2017. Here is my gameplay:

Uncharted 1.

I tag teamed it with my gf having never cared about the series. My god how short and clunky is that game?

The graphics are decent, the voice acting is pretty great but the game isnt fun to play and its horribly short. Ive not been surprised by rolling credits on a video game in some time... how can a full price game be that short?
The story was also really unappealling and dull.

Nathan Drake is likeable but meh.

4/10

Uncharted 1.

I tag teamed it with my gf having never cared about the series. My god how short and clunky is that game?

The graphics are decent, the voice acting is pretty great but the game isnt fun to play and its horribly short. Ive not been surprised by rolling credits on a video game in some time... how can a full price game be that short?
The story was also really unappealling and dull.

Nathan Drake is likeable but meh.

4/10

Uncharted 1 was still getting its ears wet, very rough around the edges. It's like wave after wave of pirates, with very few tools to actually beat them compared to any others. That said I liked the story, the ending sections, etc. I'd say it's about the same as U4 was for me. 2-3-GA are better for sure.

Anyway, Resident Evil 7 : 8/10.

Would have been a better non-RE game or at least a non-main title game. So little to do with the universe we know so far. Better than I expected but my expectations were low. Story is interesting enough to keep you curious most of the way through. A bit scary at times but not too bad.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
call of duty black ops 3 MP
2/10
seriously this **** managed to DEGRADE after a year. pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom