• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Radamanthys: The Monster Slayer

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I like it, but I must admit the constant use of the word "for" made some parts difficult to read.

If she had connected only once, that would have been it for Damera, for those branch-like hands would have impaled his face, or cut him open badly, for the ends were very sharp.

Especially here.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thank you all for reading. I guess I will post updates whenever I can. ;)

Chapter 5: Splitting Up

“So what happens now, Radamanthys?” Damera asked once they were back near the shrine. In the good spirits that he felt after having killed a Mandragora, the lad had gone to secure his horse as soon as they had made it there. Radamanthys had gone to recline against one of the supporting pillars.

After Damera had asked the question, the Dragir just looked at the young man for a while before answering. Radamanthys appeared angry to Damera as always, but the truth of the matter was that he was just thoughtful that time.

“Before you ever showed up, kid,” he suddenly replied. “I had business to tend to.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah. Tomorrow I was gonna set out to hunt a creature that no one has been able to kill,” Radamanthys told him. “You might have heard of this beast since this creature lately seems to be doing its hunting of human girls in the south very close to the border with your realm.”

Damera paled when he believed he knew what monster Radamanthys was referring to. “The Nahual?”

The Dragir crossed his arms over his chest, spat aside, and nodded back grimly. “Also known as the queen of the Lycans,” he said. “This beast or monster, or whatever the hell it is, is rumored to always be in its lycan state, unable to turn back to a humanoid like the werewolves tend to do it, that is, if she ever was one. Many tales put her as an ancient demon who came to Jindaha to escape a death sentence from her realm…” Radamanthys cast the young man a glance and asked, “Have you heard the tales? Save me some time here if you have…”

“I’ve heard only a few,” Damera admitted, pale-faced. “Mostly exaggerated ones. But speak your own, maybe I will learn something new. Honestly, I hadn’t heard anything about the Nahual being a demon, so please, go on.”

“I’ll be brief with it,” Radamanthys told him. “Because I really have to do some stuff here as well.”

Damera pat his horse and just nodded at him.

“It is said that this Nahual creature came here to Jindaha from a demon realm known as Lyzaria, escaping from death. Back in her demon realm she committed too many atrocious acts on her own people after the Demon King of the tribe rejected her as being a possible lover to him. The Nahual was not ugly, but because she felt betrayed by the king, stabbed in the back, rejected, call it what you want, she began killing she-demons by massive numbers…on her own! This angered the King, who above all else, always had to have a new she-demon in his bed every night. The Nahual pissed him off so badly by killing so many she-demons that he put a price on her head. His forces looked for her, but couldn’t ever find her. And the tale goes on to say that the Nahual fled Lyzaria and came to reside here in Jindaha, and still she loves the taste of blood that she’s been hunting young woman and drinks their blood merely for fun and personal joy. She’s turned many into her own kind as well, both males and females, but only because the tale goes on to say that she is amassing an army to get back at the demon king who rejected her. I don’t know if this tale is genuine or not, but I’ve been looking into this matter lately, and I am going to go find out what the hell is going on in the south near your realm.”

“Well we’re partners now,” Damera quickly put in. “So I guess I can go with you if--”

“No,” Radamanthys shook his head. “I’m doing this on my own, kid. I was already looking into this matter way before you met me, so I go at it alone.”

Damera stared aside, kind of sad and disappointed. “So what will I do in the meantime? I want to help you, you know? I already proved to you that I can kill without hesitation. I don’t fear dying.”

“Go home,” Radamanthys merely said. “Go back to your friends, your mother, if you have one. Go and become better at what you do. When I deal with this matter, I will surely find you.”

“And we will go after Medusa, then?” There was so much hope in Damera’s words and the stare he gave the Dragir.

“Pfft!” Radamanthys snorted. “Easy there, Champion. What’s the big hurry? I thought we had agreed that you’d give me some time?”

“We did,” Damera scratched his cheek. “But remember, I’m a mere human, not a long-living Dragir like you.”

“I am aware of that,” Radamanthys sounded angry. “But we made a deal, didn’t we?”

“Yeah, we did.”

“Then don’t be shocked when I tell you that the Nahual is only one of several monsters I want to look into, look into killing, if you get my meaning.”

“I do,” Damera actually did get his meaning. What Radamanthys was telling him was that he would go after some of the toughest monsters that were said to exist in Jindaha. Was that why he needed time, then? Did he need time to deal with all these tough creatures before setting out to hunt Medusa, the real prize?

“Beautiful young dames live in fear all over Pancracia and elsewhere, even your realm,” Radamanthys went on, his face as angry as always. “My next target was…is the Nahual. I will attempt to find this ***** and bring peace to the women all over the world. My sis…”

Damera regarded the Dragir when this one had stopped speaking all of a sudden.

“Yes?” Damera stared at him curiously. “Your sis? As in sister, you were gonna say?”

“Foolish kid. My…system…” Radamanthys lied and felt a little bad about it with himself. “It has always been to hunt and kill alone, therefore I can’t take you on this hunt.” The truth was that the Dragir was going to mention that his sister had always feared the Nahaul when she had become aware of the tale, and that because of that he’d had in mind bringing this monster down. “Not to mention that it will be super hard dealing with this monster if I happen to find her hideout,” he added. “She’s surrounded by many lycans who are slaves to her, no doubt.”

“Thus my help, man, come on,” Damera plead. “Lemme help you out., I thought we were partners…Monster Slayers!”

“I said no!” The Dragir finalized in a rough tone that left no room for debate. Damera even took a step back, surely unnerved. Radamanthys did not care. He added as he pointed a finger at the young man, “Go home and prepare yourself, because I will come to you like a thief; unexpectedly. You better be ready when I come calling.”

Damera swallowed hard. “I…Well, what I meant to say is…Alright. I guess you’re not gonna allow me to go with you no matter what I say. Then know that we will be ready, man; my friends and myself. I will surely be counting the days.”

Radamanthys just gave him his usual cold, mean stare.

Many minutes later, the Dragir stood observing Damera as he and his horse lost themselves in the distance. They were on their way home, and though the Dragir would later be headed in the same direction, he would not be going south into New Kembria, just to a region that he believed that the so called Nahual called a home.

*End of C5*

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I have read your story from beginning to end and it's quite fantastic. The characters, setting, monsters, and everything else is very amazing. Great story, Gobli. Can't wait to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom