• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Series

hsb39

Why so logical?
Yeah, the good stuff in the games (after you've raised and EV'd and stuff) is definitely one of the greatest yet, but unfortunately getting there is really a long, frustrating chore given the bland and contrived environments and low variety of pokémon. I just use Shoddy if I want to battle competitively.

Long and frustrating? It's quite short actually. The only part that took a long time for me was soft resetting for legends. I don't completely get where you're coming from here. And the game developers may not have had a large variety in Pokemon that you see (which we never, ever had), but they made the trainer Pokemon have more variety than ever, because you have to see all Pokemon before getting the national dex.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Since there is a thread about the Pokémon series I guess I could make this post.

I want to build a strong and competetive team and I have three favorite Pokémon, they are: Houndoom, Alakazam & Suicune. These three Pokémon I want them to be included in my team. My question is: What other Pokémon should I include in a team like this? (I´m talking about Pokémon from first, second and third generation since I don´t own any of the DS titles).

Guess I could join a Pokémon Forum but since this thread exists... :)

For other Pokemon to add, think of the weaknesses. I'm making the assuption you're playing FireRed or LeafGreen. You should add a ground pokemon like a Dugtrio or Sandslash. If suicune is hit by an electric type, you can use the ground pokemon against it. Also, an electric pokemon like Ampharos or Raichu should be added in case the ground pokemon is hit by a water-type attack. In case the Pokemon is something like a swampert or Quagsire, a grass type is a good type to add. Also, you should teach your suicune an ice-type move in case your encounter a dragon-type pokemon and your Alakazam shadow ball in case you come across a ghost-type.

hsb39

Why so logical?
For other Pokemon to add, think of the weaknesses. I'm making the assuption you're playing FireRed or LeafGreen. You should add a ground pokemon like a Dugtrio or Sandslash. If suicune is hit by an electric type, you can use the ground pokemon against it. Also, an electric pokemon like Ampharos or Raichu should be added in case the ground pokemon is hit by a water-type attack. In case the Pokemon is something like a swampert or Quagsire, a grass type is a good type to add. Also, you should teach your suicune an ice-type move in case your encounter a dragon-type pokemon and your Alakazam shadow ball in case you come across a ghost-type.

Well, not exactly like that. Yeah, you should be covering weaknesses, but you've got to look at the whole Pokemon's weaknesses and see if they cover it. For example, Dugrtio and Sandslash aren't exactly countering what Suicune really fears. Most of Suicune's big counters are waters. And even the common electric ones like Zapdos and Raikou aren't too afraid of Dugtrio and Sandslash. Dugtrio needs a reliable switch in, but it will often use Substitute, and Zapdos is immune to EQ, and it's also immune to Arena Trap, Dugtrio's greatest asset. So something like Celebi actually suits that role much better, getting most of the bulky waters out of the way, and resists electric. See what I'm getting at, you need to look at the weaknesses while also looking at the whole Pokemon.

Of course you usually will have an Earthquake user, but more often than not that will be for a main form of physical offense (Tyranitar, Gyarados, Salamence, Metagross, Aerodactyl, all OU, all use EQ, all physical sweepers).

EDIT: Woot! 500th post!

Zarom

The King
I like Pokemon a lot! Well, I used to like it more than I do now... Idk why, but I have lost interest. I know everything about the Blue, Red and Yellow version. I also own Gold and Silver. But money problems could not get me the last Pokemon games... -.-

I spent so much on my Blue Version and on Pokemon Stadium 2. More than 500 hours for Blue (I beat it more than 20 times) and more than 150 hours on Pokemon Stadium. :) I was the ultimate Pokemon trainer at that time and I had the most powerful team ever... Blastoise, Persian, Victreebel, Magneton, Magmar and Articuno. Yep. That was MY team!!! :D

Maybe I should play a Pokemon game again soon... :thinking:

hsb39

Why so logical?
Maybe I should play a Pokemon game again soon... :thinking:

Four words, Heart Gold, Soul Silver. Heaps of people are going back to Pokemon for that game. Nice way to go the competitive part of it (well, I'd advise half competitive, full competitive often removes the fun part and makes it a "win! win! win" game), something done very well in Pokemon to keep the older audience happy.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I play pokemon. Have most of the games.

Green (jp), Red, Gold, Silver, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Pearl.
My pearl version is my main. I have seen and own over 400 pokemon, including Shaymin and Darkrai (still waiting for Arceus).

V

Vaatis_Love

Any Pokemon Fans?

Hi! I'm a huge Pokemon fan (but I'm more Zelda fan then anything ^_~) and I was wondering if there are other PKMN fans?

My Fave Rival: that would HAVE to be Silver!! :love: (see my sig?)
My Fave Pokemon: LUCARIO!!!! and Arceus :clap:
My Fave PKMN Game: hmmm.... Pokemon: X.D., SoulSilver, and posibly soon to be Black and/or PKMNRanger3 (I forget the name...)
My Fave PKMNRanger: Spanser and Sven! Hands down!
My Fave: Enemy: ICE!!!!!!!!! and Garret ^w^
My Fave PKMN Team: Team Dim Sun and Team Galactic.

the funny part is the new PKMNRanger team... the name is Team Pinchers :mellow: :xd: and the region is Oblivia :xd:

How did I not see this thread? HOW? I demand an answer in the form of a 50-page essay!

I love Pokemon. I'm now trying to play SoulSilver in the style most kids would play the old games back then: using Pokemon in complete disregard to type advantages other than the obvious Fire, Grass, and Water. My team is as follows:
Arbok: Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Iron Tail, Crunch
Pinsir: Earthquake, Strength, X-Scissor, Revenge
Heracross: Rock Smash, Counter, Shadow Claw, Earthquake
Farfetch'D : U-Turn, Air Cutter, Fly, and Aerial Ace
Slowking: Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Trick Room, and Surf
Hypno: Psychic, Psybeam, Shadow Ball, and Headbutt
...Yeah, I'd be the laughing stock of Smogon if I was there.
I'm also trying to "catch'em all" in Pokemon Silver in an effort to train a LV 100 team so I could fight some guy who is apparently a whiz with his copy.
My Silver team is ambiguous, but the basic structure is in my trainer card. Mr. Mime is interchangeable with Alakazam, and Lanturn is also probably going to swap with Quagsire or Tentacruel temporarily. Tyrranitar MAY replace Houndoom, because I've found that my Houndoom is not very stable and tend to faint easily.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I love Pokemon too.here are my faves.

My Fave Rival: Silver
My Fave Pokemon: Mew and Mewtwo
My Fave PKMN Game: Red
My Fave PKMNRanger: Silver
My Fave Enemy: Ice and Giovanni
My Fave PKMN Team: Team Rocket.They acually killed a Pokemon.
My Fave PKMN Type: Dragon

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Bumping some life back into this thread.

And yet again I got into the (what i like to call it) pokemon addiction phase.
Havn't touched pokemon for a long time, i seriously tought for a moment I grew tired of it. Guess i was wrong.

And what is to blame? Thats right, the wi-fi event of the three shiny legendaries of johto which gives you Zoroark in the upcoming Black & White.
And now i'm waiting for suicune. And since i was EV training these sweet legendaries, I also EV trained the "pichu event".

Then it became worse, because i had to urge to start over a game. So i popped the GC game XD gale of darkness. Why this one you ask? Because I want an EV trained Togekiss. In XD there is this special togepi that has the move Tri Attack. And if u combine that with its ability "serene grace" it gets double effect, which means 40% chance of burn/poison/freeze. So its possible to soft reset this after I get the right nature (aiming for modest or timid) BUT...its gonna be a pain. I have to save the game before i obtain the togepi, then "open its so called heart" which is going to take some time, AND i have to get a little lucky with soft resetting because, not only of its nature but to get the right ability because, togepi has 2 abilities (senere grace & hustle).

But it doesn't end there. No No No! Since this baby gets a National Ribbon, i tought "lemme have a pokemon with a lot of ribbons". So this Togekiss will become Xtra special. I'm aiming to get the "Earth Ribbon" which you get in XD or colloseum clearing the MT.Battle with a 100 win streak. Then earn some ribbons in Emerald. Finally the ribbons of Platinum. Then it will become more in Black and White.

Talk about obsession...but at least i will not be bored for a while.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Well now that Black and White is coming out in 12 days I find myself playing Pokemon more. I managed to get the first two Shiny legendaries over on HG SS and I will have all three when the third one will be released over on wifi tomorrow even though you only need one to get Zoroark. Well I can't get the In Game Incounter Event Zorua since I was unable to get the event Celebi since I'm nowhere near a Gamestop anymore just wished they did it over on wifi but oh well. Searching on the internet to see if someone is willing to trade me their Celebi but I came across so many but people beat me to it.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Well I can't get the In Game Incounter Event Zorua since I was unable to get the event Celebi since I'm nowhere near a Gamestop anymore just wished they did it over on wifi but oh well. Searching on the internet to see if someone is willing to trade me their Celebi but I came across so many but people beat me to it.
There is another thread for a celebi protest event up and i put a web link onto it for missed events and you can get them over the GTS.

Well i loved the games then for about a year i grew out of it but now the Black and white is comeing out im back into it
i do have lots of games of them beat them all too :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Today on Serebii they explained how you can transfer your pokemon.
There is no limit with transfering, so you don't have to wait 24 hours. But there is bad news, you can't transfer any hold items...that sucks really bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom