• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art OoT Texture Hack (A Link to the Past Style)

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
It's good to know you're still updating. If you manage to do the whole game I want a rom copy! >=]
Yeah, I figured about the things like the text (return button) and the kokiri sword and such, since it's a top layer item it's not the things you were looking for at the moment.
As far as the heart, it's considered a pickup so you would probably find it with the (drop versions of) rupees, deku nuts, arrows, bombs, etc. (you would probably know better than I would, though).

Well, that heart isnt the same as the heart pickup. Its the difference between a sprite, and a 3d model. (A sprite is a 2d image representing a model, like when you are moving around in a game, and you notice something is always moving, so that is 'staring' at you. When you move, it stays exactly the same, facing you. like most pickups do) That particular heart is a 3d model. I cant really change that. Or the rupees. But, the hearts that fall when you kill something, i CAN change. And i have, i just havent showed you yet, ;P Ill be posting another video in a few hours, youll see what i mean then. Itll show the hearts, (i think), being picked up.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Wow, these look really good! Well, graphic-wise, they don't, but it was your intent to make it look like the graphics of an older game, sooo.... :xd:

They're pretty neat! I'd love to play Ocarina of Time with A Link to the Past graphics, if only to experience the change. I like your later ones better. In the beginning, you only seemed yo change a few things, but these past few were completely altered, the whole scene. Nice work, Nick! ;)

[video=youtube;G5fHP9dWlc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5fHP9dWlc4[/video]

More and more being changed. I love this thing. :D

Djinn

and Tonic
These are pretty awesome Nick, it looks like you have placed a lot of work into this. And if this eventually becomes available as a rom I would love to play it. A 3D ALTTP would have a few people interested.

There has to be some way Navi can look like
Fairy_ALttP.gif
Even if it is a still image floating up and down.

Djinn, i dont think i can. Its pretty impossible, because navi is made up of four differeny half circles, and the wing is one separate picture. The way it works, it wouldnt. Its not a simple 1 circle picture. Ill try it later, and post a pic, but its not a priority now. The pixelated navi is something im also in love with, :3 But i can try.

To be honest I'm not a fan. I mean fair play to you because I've no idea how to do something like this, but I don't think the end result looks very good :S. I think the idea is interesting though, but you'd have to do something to the textures so it doesn't clash so badly with the 3Dness of it

To be honest I'm not a fan. I mean fair play to you because I've no idea how to do something like this, but I don't think the end result looks very good :S. I think the idea is interesting though, but you'd have to do something to the textures so it doesn't clash so badly with the 3Dness of it
I know what you mean, and im trying to fix that. If you would, you could make a list of things that look bad, (and the reasons why), and ill do my best to fix them. :)

Edit: Actually to be fair some of it looks kinda cool. But not all of it works

I know what you mean, and im trying to fix that. If you would, you could make a list of things that look bad, (and the reasons why), and ill do my best to fix them. :)

Link's body model could use some changing. Because bits of it are higher res it looks a bit out of place. Same with many of the other character models, but that could take a long time obviously.

This is a texture hack, i cant change 3d models. I did do things like take out the shading in his ears, etc. Make things more solid colors, so that they look simpler, which i think is good enough.

Im using Project 64, and the Mudlord's Rice Video Plugin. I youtube'd tutorials, and this stuff is easier than it seems. :D

Hey guys! Nothing updated just yet, but here are things that should be up by the end of the week. Id like to give you previews of these:

Pictures:
Adult Link
The Sparkly Spin Attack
Lake Hylia (?)
A Zora
A Goron
Inside the Deku Tree?

And on top of all this, a new video, covering everything in the intro (So, Hyrule Castle, Zelda, Ganon, Impa, The Kokiri Forest, Everything would be seen from the Deku Tree Talking up until Link waking up.)

For More info, the text on the Action Icon, (Blue Circle), is being changed to the ALTTP Font, and its almost done. I have things like "Dive", "Drop", and "Throw", but "Grab", "Attack", etc havent been done. Its a time consuming process, but itll get done. Adult Link is about 98% Finished. The Spin Attack is done.

If you guys want to request things to be done earlier than others, (say, you want to see a boss, and what it would look like, or maybe a specific area), make a request! Ill be happy to show off what ive done, and what i can do.

Starting tomorrow, i should be getting more stuff done for you guys, so let me know! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom