• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I actually agree. How I play the NX, not how powerful the NX is is what matters more to me as well. But we can't let our initial impressions get the better of us. I initially hated the gamepad, now though I don't find it all that bad. We have to really consider how we will interact with the NX, not just take our initial impressions of it as "well that's it" kind of thing.
The N64 controller was completely out there at the time. People had negative first impressions of the N64 controller, despite it having industry standard technology today.

The N64 controller was completely out there at the time. People had negative first impressions of the N64 controller, despite it having industry standard technology today.
I agree totally. The one thing that I remember from it was my thumb (I have small hands, and even small at 12 or 13 when the N64 came out) and I had huge troubles holding the controller in the standard way and reaching the control stick. I had to work out a new way to hold the controller so I could use the control stick properly. Of cause the GC controller fixed all these issues. I think the design on the N64 controller was not rhe best but the tech inside it was industry leading for it's time. Really made games like OOT and M64 and DK64 really shine.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I think the controller will be a big deal. The last two Nintendo consoles have relied heavily on the controller. However, I feel that a return to more traditional controllers would be a benefit to Nintendo. I think something akin to what the PS4 has would seem reasonable. It's a standard PS controller, the likes of which PS fans have had for decades, and some motion control capabilities built in. That's what I would like to be honest. A Wii U Pro Controller would be my idea controller. If it has some gyro built in, great.

I really like what the Game Pad could have been, but since it was never utilized properly, and the Wii U could only handle 1 at a time, it was more of a waste of potential than anything else. I'd rather not have another issue like that.

More rumours.
Source: https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/nxs-software-output/

• The big fundamental focal point (and overall goal) behind NX is to vastly increase the software output from Nintendo’s first party teams and studios.
  • To accomplish this, the entire process of how Nintendo develops and produces software has gone through radical changes.
  • There is a new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate.
  • Multiple unannounced Wii U projects were moved over to NX.
  • The NX could potentially see the highest output of first party software in the company’s history. (I’m talking about the entire lifespan of NX. Not just one or two years.)
Also the article reskons the NX controller with a screen on some sort is a bogus not true rumour.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
More rumours.
Source: https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/nxs-software-output/

• The big fundamental focal point (and overall goal) behind NX is to vastly increase the software output from Nintendo’s first party teams and studios.
  • To accomplish this, the entire process of how Nintendo develops and produces software has gone through radical changes.
  • There is a new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate.
  • Multiple unannounced Wii U projects were moved over to NX.
  • The NX could potentially see the highest output of first party software in the company’s history. (I’m talking about the entire lifespan of NX. Not just one or two years.)
Also the article reskons the NX controller with a screen on some sort is a bogus not true rumour.
Now this, I could get behind wholeheartedly. Who wouldn't want more games?

Now this, I could get behind wholeheartedly. Who wouldn't want more Quality games?
I edited your quote for the obvious reason. I don't think half assed ports to any console are a good idea. They only make the public think that console had bad ports coming to it. The same thing applies to first party games too. I don't care how many Smash Tennis and Amiibo Festival quality games you release. The world wants zero games that bad.

I totally agree with you that more ganes is good, but only if they are of a high quality as well.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I edited your quote for the obvious reason. I don't think half assed ports to any console are a good idea. They only make the public think that console had bad ports coming to it. The same thing applies to first party games too. I don't care how many Smash Tennis and Amiibo Festival quality games you release. The world wants zero games that bad.

I totally agree with you that more ganes is good, but only if they are of a high quality as well.

Right, because remember all of the shovelware the Wii got. There were tons of games, but a lot of them were absolutely rubbish.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Right, because remember all of the shovelware the Wii got. There were tons of games, but a lot of them were absolutely rubbish.
The Wii actually had tons of great games. Probably more than any other system. However, I agree. These fantastic titles were hard to find due to crapola.

The Wii was just like the NES in that regard. A lot of good games but also a mountain of crapware too. I ha;f do not blame the old NES dames though as I don't think too many knew what a good tame was back then. But by 2002 people knew what a good game was. The Wii was just so casual focused, that's what 95% of the Wii games were. The last 5% were real gems though.

Every console has it's fair share of crapware games. The Wii just had more than most.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
The Wii was just like the NES in that regard. A lot of good games but also a mountain of crapware too. I ha;f do not blame the old NES dames though as I don't think too many knew what a good tame was back then. But by 2002 people knew what a good game was. The Wii was just so casual focused, that's what 95% of the Wii games were. The last 5% were real gems though.

Every console has it's fair share of crapware games. The Wii just had more than most.

I don't know about 95%, I think less than that. There are a lot of good games on the Wii. Just by volume alone, there were more good games on the Wii than the PS360 combined, but the percentage of good game to shovelware was lower on the Wii.

I think with the cost of developing today, the amount of shovelware is decreased, yet at the same time, companies are less willing/less able to take risks on novel ideas. Which is why only on a Nintendo console could we get a game like Splatoon.

All that said, the point is that I just wish I had a console where I knew I could get the next Deus Ex and the next Mafia game and Zelda and Metroid. That console hasn't existed since the Game Cube (arguably even before), and I think that's all a gamer could ask for.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, the Nintendo Investment meeting is tonight. And industry consultant for Nintendo Japan has heard that Nintendo may be forthcoming for their plans in the pipeline, and perhaps they could even talk about NX.

The investment meeting starts at 10pm CST so I will keep you all updated.

The investment meeting starts at 10pm CST so I will keep you all updated.
I can do this as @Lozjam and I think as one at times. Thanks Lozjam though :) .

1. NX to release world wide in March 2017
2. Zelda Wii U delayed for simultaneous release with NX and Wii U
3. Zelda Wii U only game on E3 show floor this year
4. Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem next games to go to phones and planned for Fall 2016

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I can do this as @Lozjam and I think as one at times. Thanks Lozjam though :) .

1. NX to release world wide in March 2017
2. Zelda Wii U delayed for simultaneous release with NX and Wii U
3. Zelda Wii U only game on E3 show floor this year
4. Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem next games to go to phones and planned for Fall 2016

Well at least we know. We thought it, but it's best to just be told. Although I think it's weird that the Wii U is basically dead and the NX is still a year away.

The other interesting bit was the Fire Emblem going mobile thing. We're going to need more info on this, because I hope that this is just a spin-off. What would be my worry is if certain games start going mobile, and mobile only.

Well at least we know. We thought it, but it's best to just be told. Although I think it's weird that the Wii U is basically dead and the NX is still a year away.

The other interesting bit was the Fire Emblem going mobile thing. We're going to need more info on this, because I hope that this is just a spin-off. What would be my worry is if certain games start going mobile, and mobile only.
I think AC going mobile is a very smart move though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom