• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Netflix A series of Unfortunate Events reboot

Are you looking forward to this new series

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I love Patrick Warburton's voice so I was excited to hear he had gotten the part.

I love it too, but he wasn't at all what I imagined Lemony Snicket to sound like so I was hesitant. From the trailer though, he seems to sound a bit more serious than his normal voices usually are.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

We have a full trailer at last. Looks like it will be taking a more comedic tone similar to the Jim Carrey film.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Only a few days to go until the series is out! The reviews I have read all seem to have positive things to say about the adaptation such as it being faithful to and getting the tone of the books just right. So I shall be going in with high expectations.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I saw the first two episodes today which were parts 1 and 2 of The Bad Beginning. A very strong start indeed and they really did nail the tone, it was both laugh out loud funny in places but didn't gloss over the darker elements as the movie did. These episodes met and exceeded my expectations and I shall be watching more tomorrow.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I've watched the first four episodes so far, so all of Bad Beginning and Reptile Room, and I'm absolutely loving it! I think they've nailed the books as far as the tone and style goes. It has some really hilarious parts as well as the dark and depressing themes. I also really like how they incorporated Lemony Snicket as the narrator, having him kind of blend in with the scene and interject his narration every now and then. Also really digging NPH as Olaf.

Oh, and the theme song is fantastic! I really wish Netflix would stop trying to skip it for me.

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I watched the entire season today, and the show is actually pretty good. It does a much better job at capturing the tone of the books, and is a much more faithful adaptation overall. I like the progression, I feel like they spent just as much time in each place as they should have. It's well cast, particularly Neil Patrick Harris as Olaf, who does a way better job at playing the character than Jim Carrey did (as much as I like Jim Carrey, his portrayal of Olaf had too much of himself in it, and was too over-the-top for my liking). It's got the perfect balance of humour and drama to match the books, and I really like Lemony Snicket's role in the show.

Overall, I'd probably give the first season a 7.5/10 or maybe an 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom