• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Netflix A series of Unfortunate Events reboot

Are you looking forward to this new series

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
33DB279900000.jpg
There is a reboot of A Series of Unfortunate events based on the 12 book series, coming to Netflix which is currently filming. As someone who enjoyed the books I am looking forward to this reboot. There was also a film starring Jim Carrey based on them that released a while back. I enjoyed that one but the actors are way too old now for a sequel so a reboot is the best thing moving forward.

The series will star Neil Patrick Harris and we have just recently got some pictures of him in costume and makeup for the role of the villain Count Olaf.

Are you a fan of the books or film and are you looking forward to this new series?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The man who performed this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Eh-xpcJsY : is never too old to do a reboot. I feel like Carrey really got into Olaf's head for the film. I am kinda sad it's netflix only which kinda sucks, though i won't deny that Patrick Harris looks the part :P

I'm not on about Carrey who is too old. The count in the books appears to be in his 50's anyway but the kids from the original film have grown up quite a lot, too much to make a sequel.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm not on about Carrey who is too old. The count in the books appears to be in his 50's anyway but the kids from the original film have grown up quite a lot, too much to make a sequel.

Yeah which is a shame as i did feel like they nailed those roles :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This isn't a movie btw, it's a Netflix exclusive TV series. Iirc they've ordered 13 eps, so maybe there'll be an episode for each book? That'd be cool. I wasn't overly fond of the film, but I loved reading the books as a kid, so I'm excited for this. Harris looks great as Olaf.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This isn't a movie btw, it's a Netflix exclusive TV series. Iirc they've ordered 13 eps, so maybe there'll be an episode for each book? That'd be cool. I wasn't overly fond of the film, but I loved reading the books as a kid, so I'm excited for this. Harris looks great as Olaf.
I didn't say it was a movie, in fact the second paragraph in my OP begins with 'The series will star Neil Patrick Harris'

The first series of this has been reported to be 8 episodes long as far as I know, so it is unclear if they will perhaps make more than 13 all together.

Dan

I didn't mind the movie either, although I was hoping there would have been more movies to cover the other books.
I read most of the books but grew out of them when the last couple were being realised, had so much fun reading them though when I was the right age to read them.
I remember loving the book covers too.

I might check out the Netflix series for nostalgia purposes.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
3401B9D700000578-0-image-a-44_1462879828506.jpg

Got an image of Count Olaf in one of his terrible disguises here. This looks like Stefano from the second book.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Right so as we know the first season will indeed be 8 episodes long but now it has been revealed they will cover the first four books, so basically it is going to be two episodes per book. I dont know how long each episode will be but I think two per book sounds like a good amount.

The author of the books himself is working closely with the series producers and is involved with writing the script and we now know some of the unanswered mysteries of the books are to be revealed in the series.

It will be an early 2017 release.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Is this actually a series that needs a reboot? It was already a weird Roald Dahl meets Tim Burton monstrosity in the first place.

They made the film which covered three books but the child actors are too old now for any sequels so yes a reboot is required as a sequel to the original film would require recasting of the kids and that would be a bit weird.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm incredibly excited about it! I grew up reading the books, starting in elementary school and finishing in high school. I was disappointed in the original movie they made,though I do have to admit, the casting for it was great. They just tried to shove too much into one movie. However, I haven't watched it since it first came out, so maybe it's not quite as bad as I remember.

I love Neil Patrick Harris, so I'm hoping he does a good job portraying Count Olaf. And although I was extremely disappointed hearing that Patrick Warburton was going to be Lemony Snicket, after seeing the teaser trailer I'm not too upset about the choice anymore.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm incredibly excited about it! I grew up reading the books, starting in elementary school and finishing in high school. I was disappointed in the original movie they made,though I do have to admit, the casting for it was great. They just tried to shove too much into one movie. However, I haven't watched it since it first came out, so maybe it's not quite as bad as I remember.

I love Neil Patrick Harris, so I'm hoping he does a good job portraying Count Olaf. And although I was extremely disappointed hearing that Patrick Warburton was going to be Lemony Snicket, after seeing the teaser trailer I'm not too upset about the choice anymore.

I love Patrick Warburton's voice so I was excited to hear he had gotten the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom