• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is There A Characteristic Which You Hate?

Feverish

Source of stink
Actually I forgot about how much I hate the type of people who put "if you're reading this, I probably hate you" in their social media bios, people that are really hateful for no reason. I get a mixture of 'wow you're so edgy and rebellious' and 'people don't need that negativity.'

WinterWolf

Gerudo Theif
People who try to be too cutesy or act like a freaking anime character in real life.

I don't really know how to exactly describe it, but it's mostly people who try to act "yandere" towards other people and it just makes everyone uncomfortable.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I've responded to this thread before, but I'm back for more. I may cover some old ground but I don't mind reinforcing my annoyances lol.

People who take themselves too seriously.
In life, in a world full of quirks and differences, you have got to learn to laugh at yourself.
I mean, I get it. You want pink hair, Victorian dress and tattoos on your face? Go for it. But don't do it if you're gonna get all upset if someone looks at you funny. If that bothers you, the quirky life is not for you. Put jeans and a t-shirt on, and go back to being beige.
Another example? Yes, fine, you're vegan. I really don't care what you eat, and I don't care if you care what I eat. So there is really no need to squeeze out the crocodile tears because someone is pouring cows milk on their cereal. Get over yourself, please. The sooner you realise nobody gives a ****, the sooner you will be happy, because you also won't give a ****. Give up this idea that you are any worldlier than your neighbour, and live your life with the ability to self-deprecate and live with your flaws, instead of laying all your convictions on so thick 24/7. Most of life is not a ****ing job interview, you don't need to carry that deadly serious, deadly boring weight around with you. Really. You never know, people might actually like you if you stop acting like a complete **** about everything.

*****es.
I know for a fact I mentioned this in this thread before, but I seriously have no time for anyone whose single purpose in life is to say mean things about other people all the time. I hate people who spread rumours or try to turn others against a third party. I know there's this rumour that this **** ends when you leave school but it doesn't. Some people are *****es forever. The CEO of the company I used to work for, a woman in her 50s, was a total and utter *****, for example. I hate it. If someone does something that bugs you, have a little moan, it's healthy. But don't gather your buddies around specifically to talk **** about people. It's pathetic.

One Way Friends.
This is a phenomenon that is sadly common but that doesn't mean it's not absolute ****ing bull****. These people are there to laugh with you, celebrate with you, come to you when they want to cry, and they can be present at every pivotal moment of your life for years. You think of them as your friend. But then your life hits the skids. You have a real, genuine, actual problem. And suddenly they are nowhere to be seen. They're suddenly very 'busy'. If you have ever done this to somebody, I seriously advise you just stay away from that poor person, because you don't deserve them back when things are good for them again. If you can't ride through the worst with your 'friend' you can **** off for the best as far as I'm concerned.

Relationship People
Don't get me wrong, I'm in a relationship. I'm not talking about everybody whose in or has ever been in a relationship. This is a specific type of person who doesn't know how to be a human being in their own right. When they're in a couple, they can't do anything without their partner. They can't even go a whole paragraph of speech without mentioning them. You rarely see them because they're always with their partner, twenty four hours a day. Oh, they're just in love, I hear you cry. Stop being so bitter. But then suddenly, they have a new partner. Like, poof, goodbye original boyfriend/girlfriend they supposedly loved so much they were joint at the hip. Hello second boyfriend, who apparently they are also equally super in love with a mere day later and can't rip themselves away. These people jump from person to person like this. And sometimes the relationships they jump into can be years long but that doesn't mean a thing, because they always have the next person lined up anyhow. The thing that bugs me the most about these people is, when they finally have a brief window of time when they're single and they actually have to interact with the world, you realise they don't actually have a personality of their own. They just chameleon whoever they're dating. And the thing is, for me, my best friend is one of these people and as much as she's my best friend, it drives me up the ****ing wall.

Shallow/ Brand Obsessed People
I have never, in my life, given a single thought to what label someone is wearing. If the clothes are nice, wear them. Who cares where they bought it, really? Unless you're one of those people who buys ethically, but I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the people who seriously believe that a Versace t-shirt is spun from pure gold or some ****, and that a normal t-shirt is somehow wildly different. I'm sorry to break it to you but it was likely made in the same sweat factory by the same kid being paid the same 20p a day. The only difference is the little logo over your nipple or whatever. Stop pretending it's about anything other than your slavery to consumerist capitalism. Grow up. It's like those people in their ****ing twenties who still rush out to buy Nike Huaraches, even though they're the ****ing ugliest and least comfortable footwear on the planet. You're an adult, get over it, please just find something, anything, REAL to care about. I'm not saying don't ever buy brands. I'm saying buy what you actually like and not what people think you're supposed to like. Don't waste your life on this bull****.

Condescending Nerds.
I get that it's hard to fit in when your main interests are like, anime or computer games or whatever the ****. I know that school and the world can be tough on you if you're one of those people. But can we stop pretending that just because you have some weird little niche interest that you're in any way necessarily smarter than someone who likes sports or fashion or has a conventional interest? It's pathetic. At some point in life, you need to get out of the school yard and realise that everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses. There are few actually stupid people out there, and what anyone likes doesn't make them worse or better than you. The fact is, when those silly teenagers who picked on you grew up, they probably stopped giving a **** that you spend your time playing dungeons and dragons. They probably are kind of in awe of the fact you know a lot about computers or whatever the **** stereotype thing you know about (I'm using stereotypes on purpose fyi). That was probably why they picked on you in the first place, because they found it intimidating. But you're a grown up now. It's ok to like your own thing, and for them to do their own thing. Maybe, you're just as much of a dick for assuming that every cheerleader is a ditzy bimbo or every beefy sports player has **** for brains. Maybe they don't appreciate your holier than thou attitude about your supposed intellect. I can guarantee that they'd best you in a variety of subjects, and you'd best them in others. So just shake hands and move on, please. I feel I have a particular insight on this because in my school days, I straddled the line between between one of the so called 'nerds' and one of the so called 'popular kids'. I mean, I was friends with people from every group and clique and although I probably had among the best academic grades at school, that didn't mean I had nothing in common with the girls that liked wearing tonnes of make up and going to parties. I was lucky enough to kind of have the best of both words, but I feel the fortune actually lies in the fact I have no illusions about 'smart' and 'dumb' people.

People who try to be too cutesy or act like a freaking anime character in real life.

I don't really know how to exactly describe it, but it's mostly people who try to act "yandere" towards other people and it just makes everyone uncomfortable.
who intentionally acts like a Yandere though

WinterWolf

Gerudo Theif
It was just an example, I just mean people who take a character archetype way too far, and try to conform to it like a religion.

Sorry, I didn't word what I wanted to say well.

Also, clingy people really irritate me.
Especially if they have no other friends and stick to me like a parasite.

People who lie and cheat and bend or break the rules to get things done.
That's slowly becomnig a negative quality. I'm sure in the future that will be definied in a single word. Corrupt? Maybe, or maybe another word. I hate this so much. It's doesn't have to be on a large scale. It could be as simple as someone who cheats on their written drivers licence exam and then lies about it. These kind of people I hate so much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
People who lie and cheat and bend or break the rules to get things done.
That's slowly becomnig a negative quality. I'm sure in the future that will be definied in a single word. Corrupt? Maybe, or maybe another word. I hate this so much. It's doesn't have to be on a large scale. It could be as simple as someone who cheats on their written drivers licence exam and then lies about it. These kind of people I hate so much.
Is it that you dislike cheaters or that you dislike people who take alternate routes to get things done? I personally don't mind if people take certain routes to get certain tasks accompllished. If you have to block off a section from paparrazi to clean the area up, go ahead and do it. I can lose some business for the moment. But if you need to prove that you understand how to properly use bleach and you are constantly googling the answers, then you're gonna need to sit back and have a reality check.

Tempestatus

Obsessed with Toon Link <3
Dishonesty. Disloyalty. Liars.

if you wanna get on my bad side - REALLY get on my bad side - embody any of the traits above.

Stereotypes. I HATE people who take stereotypes seriously. Those people assume, as a silly example that since they see one dog eat oranges, then ALL dogs eat oranges, which isn't the case at all! But since it's all they've seen, they instantly think their POV is the correct one, therefore correctling or arguing with everyone that thinks differently.

Second, and I feel like I'm gonna get some hate from this, I don't like people that overcomplicate themselves. I understand if you're gay or bi or trans or asexual or omni or pan or straight or whatever you classify yourself as; it's you're choice with what you want, I don't have a problem with you. What I'm talking about is those that are not only any of the above, but also an Awakening vampire with a past life of being a tree, but doesn't like the sun so they where a trench coat in the middle of July and is also half male cat and antelope that was born in a human girls body (yes, I use to have a friend like that, I swear). I feel like I'm a very open-minded person, but holy crap don't become an edgy DND character in rl.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Dishonesty, my number one peev.

I have few virtues and I hold others to fewer still, but honesty is my number one virtue and I hold everyone to it. By all means, keep your secrets if it's none of my business - I've got plenty of my own, after all and they're none of yours - but don't you dare lie to me, cheat me, or try to con me or anyone else. To me honesty is the most important thing period. Without honesty there is no clear communication. Communication is the bedrock of the human condition. If we don't know how we're squared, then confusion and a lack of understanding lead to people taking drastic or ill informed actions.

Don't. Freaking. Lie. I will hate you for it at worst and never believe a word you say at best. Given that we live in a world where dishonesty is so prevalent it's a wonder I manage to maintain my cheerful disposition /sarcasm

Other than that, any trait embodied by social justice warriors. Hypocrisy, condescension, gross virtue signaling, and a penchant for telling other people what they can and can not have/do/say/think... just shut up.

Weak willed individuals: scared frightened easily manipulated people who let others use fear and praise in equal measure to intimidate them. These people comprise mobs. mobs are dangerous. At best these people are just downright obnoxious and I'm sick of their whining.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
1. Liars
I hate when people lie to me or try to deceive me.
2. Bullies
My biggest thing. If you want to make someone feel bad for the sole purpose of making someone feel bad need to get their **** together. My biggest fear in life is having a child who is a bully.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly

I knew a girl like that once...

I wanted to punch her in the face

Last edited:

Aku

Don't. Freaking. Lie. I will hate you for it at worst and never believe a word you say at best. Given that we live in a world where dishonesty is so prevalent it's a wonder I manage to maintain my cheerful disposition /sarcasm

Other than that, any trait embodied by social justice warriors. Hypocrisy, condescension, gross virtue signaling, and a penchant for telling other people what they can and can not have/do/say/think... just shut up.
100% agree. I can't stand lies and a lot of SJWs either. Pretty much they take something good- condemning violence, general peaceable tolerence, and encouraging respect towards others and they turn it into something grotesque.

For mine:

Animal abusers. I can't stand people that don't see anything wrong with mistreating animals, thinking that they can just casually abandon an animal, and fail to care for properly the animal they bring home. (This includes getting it vaccinated, getting it spayed/neutered, making sure it has at least some form of shelter and socialization appropriate for it's species.)

However, I can't stand those that think any working with/keeping animals at all is tantamount to abuse. Keeping animals as pets or having them perform tricks is not abuse as long as they are not abused as a form of 'training' to perform those tricks, and that the animal is well taken care of.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
people who dont speak properly when you explain youre deaf guy at work does this, and totally talks nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom