• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is There A Characteristic Which You Hate?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Is there a specific habit or personality trait or history which completely turns you away from a person? There may be some exceptions of course. But generally it makes you not want to be around them, or even hate them. Try to chose one characteristic if possible, but you can put other traits after that.

Some examples may be:
  • Being a top student and always getting good marks
  • Being hypersexual or taking about sex all the time
  • Being narcissistic or overconfident/prideful
  • Doing/having done drugs
  • Being slow to understand/catch on or being generally stupid
  • Swearing often
  • Being obsessed/crazy-in-love with their partner
  • Being curious and asking questions all the time
  • Having tattoos/piercings/dyed hair
  • Being homophobic/racist/sexist
  • Being popular at school/work
  • Being a perfectionist
  • Being lazy or not productive
  • Having a short temper/being impulsive
  • Not spelling properly or using text language in written conversation
  • Being ZD staff :P
These are just examples so if something else annoys you, you can mention that.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
As I am a very easily annoyed person, this list might be long:

• People who are constantly negative. Don't get me wrong we all need to moan and whine sometimes but there are some people who bring dark clouds wherever they go because they constantly complain, criticise and have a dark outlook wherever possible. It's like they enjoy being miserable.
  • Snobbery. I don't believe anyone is better than anyone because they have more money or whatever. It's bull****- especially when the snobbiest people tend to be those who inherited what they have so have nothing to brag for but still think they can look down their nose at you.
  • People who ask for advice then ignore it and do the opposite, then have the cheek to cry to you when it goes wrong. Don't come to me for sugar coating, only ask for my help if you actually want it and intend to listen. Otherwise just do what you want as you clearly will anyway. Just don't come back to me and get pissed when I say I told you so.
  • People who have to do one better than you. You've been to Teneriefe, they've been to Elevenerife. You hurt yourself, their injury is so much worse. I think we're all guilty of this without realising sometimes because you relate to your own experiences but some people like feel their life is about being the centre of attention all the time.
  • This is a little bit specific but it's still something I've come across: drunk people who can't look after themselves. I have a few friends who drink themselves stupid and end up crying and needing help. I am not your babysitter, drink less and stop ruining the night for everyone else.
  • *****iness. Again, we all love a good *****ing session every now and then but there's no need to be downright horrible to/about people or singling people out just for the sake of it. Especially when this involves a group rather than 1 or 2 people- in the latter case you're probably just annoyed with that person but in a group it's a disgusting pack mindset and is borderline bullying.
  • Prejudice, e.g. racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. Just **** off. I have no time for the scum who think it's ok to judge people for things they have no control over and not to mention they are not bad things. Grow up, get out more, and stop being so ****ing ignorant and hateful.

I extremely dislike Cowardice, disloyalty and traitors, transphobia, dishonesty, people who get offended by everything, people who choose emotions over logic, extreme perfectionism, censorship, and probably some others that I haven't thought of rn. So I'll update this later maybe.

Update: also people who break the law (or defend criminals) and then don't care because it's "not hurting anyone" or because it's a "stupid law" or because "people break it all the time anyways"

Also out of the ones you listed:

• Being hypersexual or taking about sex all the time
  • Doing/having done drugs
  • Being slow to understand/catch on or being generally stupid
  • Swearing often
  • Not spelling properly or using text language in written conversation

Last edited:

Misty

Ronin
Wow, characteristics which turn me away from others.

Shallow: Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone who takes pride in their appearance, works at looking smexy, or pops a bit of this or that on from time to time. Appearance can be a lot of fun to play with and has surprising importance to how people will treat you or want to interact with you. But if all you know about or care about is your appearance...if all you talk about is how you and other people look, if your entire mission on a day to day basis is to get them compliments on how you look, I probably won't want to be friends with you...or even be in the same room as you. That doesn't mean I think you should fall down stairs or die, but I do think you bring the conversation level to an all-time-low.

Black Hole: We've all met the Black Hole, they're that person at work or school who seems to be perpetually in crisis. Whether it's the boyfriend, job, or just someone who was snide to them they're always at nuclear meltdown. They have a list of problems so diverse, absurd, and horrifying that you wonder how they have time to both maintain an abusive relationship, get arrested, and have a dead cat. Every week is a new international crisis for them, but they aren't a country. As far as I'm concerned, these people are the worst of the worst, because 9/10 they bring it all on themselves. They live for the drama and the victim complex. They're always breaking this or that on their body and changing drugs and making terrible decisions with the gender they're attracted to. And worse, they drag everything including you, even if you resist it, in with them. I loathe this sort of person truly. They should be avoided at all costs by all peoples because they're poison.

Oversharing:
This is usually a subset of the Black Hole that is far less vile, but equally obnoxious. They're the sort of person who has a lot of problems which seem to be of the private variety, but they tell everyone. They're constantly seeking affirmation and sympathy for whatever problems real or invented they have. They don't just tell their close friends about their depression, family problems, dating problems, body problems, etc...they tell everyone. Whether it's facebook posts, group chats, or the girl in the check out line, they will tell you about their unplanned pregnancy, dead uncle, and struggles with their sexuality. I usually see this happening from any combination of factors but none seem like a good reason. It seems to me, that they prey on the very noble side of human empathy and kindness. It seems tacky and desperate to me. I avoid like the plague.

Everything Is Subjective: Listen here, Cratylus, because I will only say this once. People who either interrupt conversations, or you end up in a wild goose chase of a conversation with that tell you everything is subjective need to go back to waggling their fingers. It isn't a response or counter argument to anything. It never was. It never will be. You're pointing out a highly obtuse, theoretical, and macro concept that doesn't belong in any polite or uncivilized conversation about anything from cooking to particle physics. If you do this, I don't want to speak to you because we'll never actually discuss anything. If you continue to interject this ludicrous statement into our world, I will vote for the objective of removing you from this earth and universe.

There Is More Nuance Here: Don't put me down for hating nuance, nuance is a very good thing indeed. It can even be a good thing in some conversations. SOME. The people I meet use nuance as a way to shut conversations down as end all counter arguments. It is never as I see it, used to add a layer of conversation to a dialogue, it is always used to combat layers which are not currently pleasing one side. Like the everything is subjective person, this is just a more highly trained variant of the same thing. You can nuance something down to a level of detail which makes conversation impossible. Stop it. If you don't, I will vote for a plan with no nuance: You killed.

I Would Agree With Your Statement About Reality, But I Have A Dream: Listen, I love sci-fi and high fantasy. Really. But if we're discussing how the world operates and how that is a good or bad thing...do not tell me about your objectivist, vulcan utopia or communist, feelies castle in the sky. The world doesn't work like that. Technology and science are unlikely to make the world work like that before any of us are dead. If it does, I'll buy you dinner because I was wrong and spend the whole dinner telling you I was wrong. But until then, when I'm talking about reality, I'm talking about reality. Not what you wish reality was. If you want to talk about what we wish reality was, then by all means, I'll get my energy drink and we can lay on the grass and stare at the stars and build our dreams from clouds and love and sugar. But if you keep doing this, I have several fantasies which include hedge clippers and your face.

I Support Free Speech and Expression, But Only For The People I Like Or Agree With: It's hard not to be this guy, especially when someone says something stupid or seemingly offensive. I acknowledge that. And I see that in our societies, there is going to be tension and problems between various groups with conflicting desires, axioms, and feelings. But as far as I'm concerned, hurt feelies isn't good enough. Bullying in an age of blocks, deletes, etc...that's not bullying. I don't joke about supporting freedom of speech and expression. I support the right of white nationalists to make their claims, social justice warriors, those of faith, those who don't have a religion, vegans, comedians, etc. It's all on the table. And anyone who doesn't like it should tune out, not expect someone to be quiet or say what they want. It doesn't matter if you agree. It's the cornerstone of a free society. There are no other laws and rules without it. And if you only support it for the people you like or agree with, I hate your hypocrisy, inconsistency, and the fact you pretend to stand on this side. We won't be friends, and I won't respect you.

Respect Me Is the Default Setting: If you respect people as your default setting, that's fine. Your choice. You do you, boo boo. But if you expect respect to be the default setting of others, just don't. It isn't. I don't think it should be. Respect is earned. The only things anyone has to respect about you is your right to life and choice. That's it. If you expect and demand my respect, you will never get it. And, if you do it enough, I won't want to be near you at all.

And then whatever
@Deus, @RemnantRassilon said.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
World revolves around me types - People who cut in line because "they really need to _____. You don't understand, this is an emergency." when it actuality the task isn't an emergency and is simply the result of poor time management skills. Bonus points if an argument actually makes this "emergency" take longer to resolve than if the person just waited in line or what have you and sorted it out like a decent and respectful human being.

I also agree with Misty. And some of Deus, although I equate personal hygiene with mental health, and usually just feel sympathetic for the person in question.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, there are three types I despise:

1) The I'm So Le Quirky type
2) The I'm going to """multitask""" but ignore two of the three tasks I'm doing type
3) the perpetually angry type

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
People who lie. Seriously there is nothing inherently worse and I've experienced some ****ing horrible ones. Ok everyone lies in some way, but when you get people that are literally just liers, ugh, get out of my life. Had a recent brush with this and as soon as I figured it out that person was dropped. It's one of the one things that I won't compromise or more even try to remedy no matter how much I like the person.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I also agree with Misty. And some of Deus, although I equate personal hygiene with mental health, and usually just feel sympathetic for the person in question.

Can you feel sympathy for the person who can't be bothered to wash their hands after going to the toilet? Or the person who spits in a public place or doesnt wash their gym clothes enough. What about the person who can't be bothered to clean their house and allows their children to live in the filth? There are some who clearly have mental issues but most people who disregard hygiene have no mental health problems at all. They are mostly lazy who took the easy option and liked it.

Last edited:
Constant negativity will turn me off fast from a person. I don't want to hang out with someone who's always complaining or moaning about how everything sucks. Life's too short to focus on just bad stuff. We all have problems, but there's a difference between a friend wanting to talk about a real issue and a drama queen just stirring up trouble. I guess that's a bunch of different things crammed together, but I really value a good attitude, perspective, and a positive outlook in my friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom