• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

IP treated the worst by Nintendo

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No it shouldn't. Metroid never sold like Zelda.
1. Mario
2. Pokemon
3. Zelda
4. Everything else

Donley Kong is the only other IP that even comes close to these ones, and it's never been the same after Rare left. Smash is pretty successful for only having 4 games but it's not being neglected. I agree that Metroid is one of their most neglected franchises, but it shouldn't be treated like Zelda.

I'm talking quality. I don't care about sales. Metroid is the only other top quality franchise Nintendo has that's not Mario or Zelda yet they don't know what the hell they're doing with it. I never cared for Pokemon, that franchise is uninteresting to me and I don't really count Smash or Mario Kart as they just come once a generation for multiplayer fun. Donkey Kong has had a great comeback and I have no reason to believe that series is being neglected right now so yes, I'd say Metroid deserves the same treatment as Zelda and Mario. Not saying sh*t the games out, just do it as good and as right as they have Mario and Zelda because it's a priority.

Pen

The game is on!
Kid Icarus is one of the IPs treated the worst in my opinion. It's only gotten two or three games depending on how you look at it. And after Uprising's amazing success I cannot understand why we haven't heard of there being a sequel in the making in the same vein as Uprising. I think Switch would be a perfect console for such a game.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm talking quality. I don't care about sales. Metroid is the only other top quality franchise Nintendo has that's not Mario or Zelda yet they don't know what the hell they're doing with it. I never cared for Pokemon, that franchise is uninteresting to me and I don't really count Smash or Mario Kart as they just come once a generation for multiplayer fun. Donkey Kong has had a great comeback and I have no reason to believe that series is being neglected right now so yes, I'd say Metroid deserves the same treatment as Zelda and Mario. Not saying sh*t the games out, just do it as good and as right as they have Mario and Zelda because it's a priority.
Quality doesn't matter, money matters. They should treat the games that make them the most money the best.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Again, I honestly don't give a crap. If Nintendo actually gave a crap about Metroid, then it would sell well.
It never sold as well as Zelda, even when they produced their most popular Metroid games such as Metroid Prime.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It never sold as well as Zelda, even when they produced their most popular Metroid games such as Metroid Prime.

There's reasons for that. Still doesn't change what I want. I'm not here to discuss business. That's for Nintendo to figure out.

Excite Bike
Excite Truck is part of the same IP. The Excite IP.

I'm going to say Animal Crossing is treated the worst by Nintendo. Sure the first game N64/GC was great. After that we just get the same **** rehashed over and over again. Nothing different. Many people even say the N64/GC game is actually better. When we do get different AC games, we get that abomination of a board game and a house designing mini game. I've seen Wario design better mini games for WarioWare.

Even ****ing fans can create better Animal Crossing games today than Nintendo.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Literally all the things. The only IPs ninty gives a gentle caress about are Mario and Zelda, and mario gets whored out and zelda gets.... ugh.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
oh I say Golden Sun a bit is neglected. I mean we got 2 for the gba which ended nicely. Then 7 years later we got a ds version that decided we needed a cliffhanger that i will never get finished!

Punch out. You got the nes game that had an edit cause of mike tyson. Then years upon years a wii game. then nothing.

Seriously Nintendo neglects so much and hurts a few. I'm just happy kirby falls into the well treated category. It isnt over advertised. You get some spin off games that are decent. The main series games are pure quality. Even when they start doing odd things with the main series. Like robot. It still turns out great since they stay true too kirby.

they start doing odd things
This is exactly why Nintendo are good. They love to do seemingly odd things. Like Kirby and robots. Or squid kids shooting paint on the floor. Or little plant people of Pikmin etc etc. Sure not everyone of their ideas is a success. But if you don't take any risks you don't have a chance of success.

In 2005 if someone had told you a game about children looking like squids shooting paint on the floor would be a great game, you'd have a right ol laugh. You'd not believe it. I'd not have believed it also. No one asked for it. It turned out to be a great concept. Proof that a good concept needs good execution also for the game to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom