• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

IP treated the worst by Nintendo

It would seem to a lot of people that Nintendo dont fully understand the power of the IPs.

You could even say that some of their IPs still have yet to reach their full potential but which one has been continually mistreated by Nintendo, not just recently but over all?

In my opinion it would be Star Fox. There are only two decent games and one is a reimagining of the other.

But what say the rest of you?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I disagree with it being star fox. While they've had some bad games recently, they've still done well.

Personally I think F-Zero. What happened to it? Why can't we have more? Everyone knows captain falcon but he hasn't been in his own game in how long? At least star fox gets games.

I disagree with it being star fox. While they've had some bad games recently, they've still done well.

Personally I think F-Zero. What happened to it? Why can't we have more? Everyone knows captain falcon but he hasn't been in his own game in how long? At least star fox gets games.

True but at least most of the F-Zero games are good. Star Fox has 2 games out of 6 that were good. And 3 of those games are the same story and near enough exact same game.

F-Zero so badly needs a return

Djinn

and Tonic
Kid Icarus, only having a game on NES, a sequel on black and gold Gameboy, then forgotten for years until an appearance on the third Smash Brothers game got them to realize people might buy a game with him in it. And he only really appeared in that later Smash brothers game when Nintendo really ran out of characters to use and started dredging up older 80's ones. He came along with the Ice Climbers...

One more handheld game later and it is right back into obscurity.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think they treated F-Zero badly. In fact they did the sensible thing by not making a new one. They would only have released a rehash and sullied the series reputation and considering there are much better racers than F-Zero out there now the rehash would have been another disappointment like the new Star Fox.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
List which ones they've neglected? Easy, because they've been neglecting all my favorite Nintendo IPs.

Metroid, Paper Mario, Earthbound/Mother, F-Zero, Star Fox

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Wait, neglected or treated badly? Difference.

They've neglected a lot, but treated badly, definitely Star Fox. And Chibi Robo. They turned it into a crappy platformer. Sure, it was cult classic on the GameCube, but it was still a really good game.

But ignored? Anything not called Mario, for a long time.

I've said it a ton of times on these boards, Nintendo has an IP for every single genre. Every. Single. Genre. And they've ignored 80% of them.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
He came along with the Ice Climbers...
Just want to correct this, Ice climbers came a game before Pit did. But you're right, it still doesn't change that it took an unreasonably long time to make a new Kid Icarus

IP treated the worst by Nintendo?

I would say that goes to Chibi Robo. A goo game or two then that totally aweful 3DS game. Totally killed off a semi-good IP by changing up things.

MW7

Star Fox is the first to come to my mind of the more famous IPs. My favorite story was how Rare was developing Dinosaur Planet, and Nintendo convinced them to re-brand it as a Star Fox game. It's almost like Nintendo was like, "Well we don't have time for making a Star Fox game so let's just throw Star Fox characters into another game and act like we care about that series." Star Fox Adventures is a good game though.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Metroid because it trumps all the other neglected IPs and isn't receiving the same treatment Mario and Zelda gets even though it should.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Metroid because it trumps all the other neglected IPs and isn't receiving the same treatment Mario and Zelda gets even though it should.
No it shouldn't. Metroid never sold like Zelda.
1. Mario
2. Pokemon
3. Zelda
4. Everything else

Donley Kong is the only other IP that even comes close to these ones, and it's never been the same after Rare left. Smash is pretty successful for only having 4 games but it's not being neglected. I agree that Metroid is one of their most neglected franchises, but it shouldn't be treated like Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom