• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Land Wars V1 - The Ocarina of Limes

K

Kol Gaines

Alright, good to know. So something that causes no damage will be useful here.

A

Argenteus

Well it has to cause SOME damage. Maybe they have low HP, but a 0 damage attack still wouldn't do anything.

Z

zoralink32

Also, invisible things still have a physical presence, so the Keese can detect them with their echolocation.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, but this is occuring in the dead of night. Like 3am.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kol Gaines

@Arg:
Infinite Hands, as seen in game, do no damage, merely hold you in place.

@ZL:
Okay, dead of night. Against the restless dead. Somehow I don't think that will be too much of a problem.

~~~
I'll have my strat up first thing tomorrow morning.

Z

zoralink32

@Arg:
Infinite Hands, as seen in game, do no damage, merely hold you in place.

@ZL:
Okay, dead of night. Against the restless dead. Somehow I don't think that will be too much of a problem.

~~~
I'll have my strat up first thing tomorrow morning.

I was just putting it out there.

Also, Keese thrashing around in the grasp of the Invisible Hands will probably inadvertently break their vial.

K

Kol Gaines

That'll be info for the WM then.

~~~IN DEFENSE OF THE SHADOW TEMPLE~~~

Phase 0:
As per patrol routes, four ReDeads are stationed in the antechamber of the temple (where the raised dias surrounded by a lot of unlit torches is). Upon noticing any intruders they will let out a screech to not only attempt to freeze the intruder but also alert the rest of the temple. At that time, all Blade Traps and Guillotines will be activated and troops will station themselves according to defensive proceedure.

(The following will be true of every in-house defense unless otherwise stated)

1st Floor
200 Infinite Hands
20 ReDeads
20 Beamos
250 Stalfos
Dead Hand

A formation of Infinite Hands will be stationed on the walls inside every pit to catch anything that tries to cross over them and throw them into the abyss. A pair of ReDeads, placed with one hidden behind the other, will be next to the pits to scream and freeze anything that might escape the Infinite Hands, with a pair of Beamos guarding them on either side. In every place where there is a raised platform, Like-Likes will wait to drop on intruders passing below. In the larger rooms, Stalfos will wait in groups of 25. Any Heroes currently recruited will be wandering around the main floor, helping any groups that need assistance.

B1 Floor
1,200 Infinite Hands
700 Stalfos
130 ReDeads
280 Beamos
500 Like-Likes

Infinite Hands will still be placed on the walls of pits to grab and throw any intruders that near them, same with the ReDeads and Beamos. When the Ghost Ship starts to move, with the bell ringing, it will alert the troops stationed at the other end that they have to make a last stand. 400 Stalfos wait, being held up by the Infinite Hands, on the ceiling of the path the Ghost Ship takes, to drop down and swarm anyone standing on it. When the Ghost Ship reaches the end of the path and drops, the Stalfos will jump off and join the remaining ground troops. The Infinite Hands on the ceiling of the Ghost Ship path will be reaching down and tossing intruders off the ship if the Stalfos have already killed or pushed them off already.

At the end portion of the Ghost Ship path, several ReDeads will be placed on the platforms raised high above the ground to continuously screech at the intruders. They will know the intruders are there by the sound of the Ghost Ship's bell. Beemos will be placed across the divide that separates the Boss Room from the Ghost Ship to snipe at any enemies that try to cross the bridge/fallen statue across.

Boss Chamber (Expanded from in-game size)
750 ReDeads
100 Like-Likes
700 Beamos
1,250 Stalfos

The Beamos will be on the edges of the giant drum, firing at any intruder who gets too close. The Stalfos will be on the rest of the drum to battle any intruders. The ReDeads and Like-Likes will be in a mixed crowd around the drum, responding as appropriate. Due to the drop into the Boss Chamber, any troops without flight capabilites will be stuck in there without help, and die from starvation/thirst/wounds/etc.

A

Argenteus

So who'll mod this? I doubt Kol would be fine with me doing it, since we're at war.

K

Kol Gaines

As long as you promise to be fair, I don't mind if ya mod it.

Oh, and I thought of another question for next time I'm attacked.

Compared to Fire Arrows and Din's Fire, where does Wildfire stand at? Because OoT ReDeads are immune to Fire Arrows and it takes two Din's Fire to kill them.

Z

zoralink32

As long as you promise to be fair, I don't mind if ya mod it.

Oh, and I thought of another question for next time I'm attacked.

Compared to Fire Arrows and Din's Fire, where does Wildfire stand at? Because OoT ReDeads are immune to Fire Arrows and it takes two Din's Fire to kill them.

Really? I honestly didn't know that. Huh.

Well... my thoughts are: if it can catch on water it can burn a Redead. So, one-hit kill, but only once it's spread over the whole body and had time to eat away at everything.

Oh, and speaking of spreading, I think that it would make the most sense to have Wildfire catch on everything, but only spread across flammable materials. I can't imagine this wouldn't be acceptable to you.

EDIT: Also, Argenteus, you can go ahead and mod. I trust in your fairness.

K

Kol Gaines

So lets just say, since they are undead beings that when they catch fire from the Wildfire and it eats at enough, it burns the magic holding them together, thus a kill.

As for the spreading. Do you mean that things like stone and flesh will catch fire, but only things like cloth, wood, etc. will allow it to spread? What exactly would enable it to spread? As flesh doesn't really spread fire, more like it just... Melts.

Things you would use to start or continue a real fire will spread Wildfire, but everything else will just burn?

A

Argenteus

I said only "I doubt kol would be fine with me doing it". I didn't realize you were all waiting on me, and I would have been happy to had I realized. I understand I was a bit unclear though, I can see why you would think I volunteered in hindsight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom