• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GT Review is Out

and from what i have seen its not even aging that much. Maybe the graphics are less than what might be on the almighty xbox, but they did the best with what they could. I would much rather have 25 colorful rich characters in a town than 100 mindless drones anyway. I commented on the article ill just quote that

"I would rather have the 4 colorful characters full of personality in a zelda game over the 500 mindless drones in an assassins creed game any day. The game is beautiful, Sorry the wii cant run anything HD but it looks like they did great with what they had to work with. The motion controls only work 80% of the time? maybe. But honestly i feel like the whole point will be mastering the controls and pumping that number up.

Basically what i heard was "Im too lazy for this i wanna push buttons". If you are anti motion controls you will be doing a half assed job and therefore they will not work as well as someone who is excited about the idea and is much more into it.

"dowsing is too annoying i would rather it just tell me where to go"............... remember the first legend of zelda? No dowsing AND it didnt tell you where to go, that was a fantastic game.

Zelda is dated? perhaps. I would say that it is more likely that there is much more there that shallow minds cant see. This is the same thing that is happening to the film industry, Transformers makes a trillion dollars and its all spectacle and No plot and i deep movie with a heavy plot and rich characters goes unnoticed.

And when he talks about the area between dungeons that drags, I cant really defend that, yet. Once i play the game i am willing to bet that i will go "oh what an idiot". Is probably something plot related that you are doing that zelda fans will be interested in and people who are playing the game solely because they are getting payed to do so will not.

Im generally not one to say OHHH THEY GAVE SOMETHING I WANT A BAD REVIEW THEY LIE!!!!! But honestly there is no way this is not bias. Generally when people talk about games they say negatives and positives. I am okay with them saying what they didnt like but they didnt really even stop to share anything that they did like.

This is a very shallow review and dosnt really worry me at all. Just saddens me that the industry is going in such a "spectacle first" kind of direction. where is plot and depth and things that make you think.. so sorry you have to move and sorry you have to think."

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
and from what i have seen its not even aging that much. Maybe the graphics are less than what might be on the almighty xbox, but they did the best with what they could. I would much rather have 25 colorful rich characters in a town than 100 mindless drones anyway. I commented on the article ill just quote that

"I would rather have the 4 colorful characters full of personality in a zelda game over the 500 mindless drones in an assassins creed game any day. The game is beautiful, Sorry the wii cant run anything HD but it looks like they did great with what they had to work with. The motion controls only work 80% of the time? maybe. But honestly i feel like the whole point will be mastering the controls and pumping that number up.

Basically what i heard was "Im too lazy for this i wanna push buttons". If you are anti motion controls you will be doing a half assed job and therefore they will not work as well as someone who is excited about the idea and is much more into it.

"dowsing is too annoying i would rather it just tell me where to go"............... remember the first legend of zelda? No dowsing AND it didnt tell you where to go, that was a fantastic game.

Zelda is dated? perhaps. I would say that it is more likely that there is much more there that shallow minds cant see. This is the same thing that is happening to the film industry, Transformers makes a trillion dollars and its all spectacle and No plot and i deep movie with a heavy plot and rich characters goes unnoticed.

And when he talks about the area between dungeons that drags, I cant really defend that, yet. Once i play the game i am willing to bet that i will go "oh what an idiot". Is probably something plot related that you are doing that zelda fans will be interested in and people who are playing the game solely because they are getting payed to do so will not.

Im generally not one to say OHHH THEY GAVE SOMETHING I WANT A BAD REVIEW THEY LIE!!!!! But honestly there is no way this is not bias. Generally when people talk about games they say negatives and positives. I am okay with them saying what they didnt like but they didnt really even stop to share anything that they did like.

This is a very shallow review and dosnt really worry me at all. Just saddens me that the industry is going in such a "spectacle first" kind of direction. where is plot and depth and things that make you think.. so sorry you have to move and sorry you have to think."

The review is indeed biased. I would argue that Skyward sword innovates and modernizes the franchise but to each his own. I do not like that dowsing is used so much, however.

Yeah the guy definitely had an air of "let's get this over with" in his voice. He did say that the overworld and getting to the dungeon's were packed and then said that it was empty... what a dipstick... It really did sound like he just didn't want to think and locate for himself. The gaming industry has indeed gotten lazy and if you're not told EXACTLY where to go and how to get there then people don't like it anymore. Having grown up with Zelda and being told once where to go in a very general term let me figure it out for myself and so I have no problem reading a game's dialogue, thinking, looking at a map and trying to figure things out. I've actually heard people say that they don't like Zelda because it didn't tell them what to do next. I was always confused because I understood perfectly where to go and after a brief look around the overworld though ah, mountain... there it is and started trekkin. I hear it most often with Majora's Mask and always told people, listen to Tael, he tells you where to go and in what order works best, but I guess some people just don't care to read anymore... :(

I find the whole point of it to figure out where to go and what to do next. Isnt that what zelda is all about?

God, if this is the score from GT just imagine what Gamespot will give the game.9.1 is a good score for a normal game. but for a Zelda? SS must have some big flows.
They say some stupid stuff in the review, but there are something there that concern my. it seems that the game will be very linear and the save systems is awkward. The thing that most concern my is that they said that Zelda is starting to show it's age. I'm just so disappointed from the reviews SS been getting....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom