• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Item like Roc's Feather from OOX maybe allowed Link to fly.
I really want to see classic item like Roc's Feather to return in Zelda WII.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay we all know some people want to see flying as a transportaion method in Zelda wii, you know other than cucoos, and I was trying to figure out how this could be possible without messing up the zelda world. Well, I was waching the old "Clash of the Titan" when I thought, why not a Pegasus? I seems to fit right? What are your thoughts?

K

Kokirikid

I know that this would probably be quite complicated, like you say 'with out messing up the game', but wouldn't it be epic if the roc's cape came back in the next zelda wii? They could make it like an ancient sheikah artifact (maybe make it purple with a red shiekah symbol on the back?), like the lens of truth and make it so it uses up majic (thus bringing back the majic meter ^_^). I know this may sound rather ******** and un-zeldery but I think it would be kinda fun to fly around like superman!

S

Smuds

I feel that would change the game to much... What happened to running around XD?
I would much prefer Epona and running over flying.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
So is Epona supposed to sprout feathery-angel wings?
Haha, no thank you.
I like the idea of Zelda drifting into the realm of the un used, but flight?
I think gliding should be an absolute maximum, like roc's cape.

Austin

Austin
Urg. Someone's out to make me look stupid.....
Anyways, I can take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I don't want it to be an airplane, that would be too much un-Zelda. But if there was a spell that could allow Link to fly, that would be awesome!

S

Smuds

The minimum would be best. They could bring back that magic bar thing, and you could like hover in a meditation pose. Would be interesting for puzzles I suppose. But I would enjoy no flying over flying, this would be my version of flying if there is flying.

I think we should revert back to the original form. Why does it continue to get more and more intelligent? Sure, it brings some cool effects, but it seems more original to me somehow when he's just running.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I started thinking less "Do I want flying" and more "Why would I need flying?" Then I thought of TP, which had City in the Sky. Despite my fear of heights, I like the way it was set up, and you get around by using Oocca and the double clawshot.

But supposing Zelda Wii also had an area high above the earth, perhaps more expansive than City in the Sky, I can see how a flying mechanism would be useful. Though I like the way I've seen it in the the games I've played so far, where "flying" is not really flying but "gliding." Or riding something else that's flying, like a deku leaf. If they are to introduce true flying in the game, I wonder if it will be something like the Zora armor, but of course, with flying instead of swimming. If there were limits to it, I may not mind it, but I'm not sure if it would be my favorite game innovation.

Austin

Austin
I'm trying to imagine how this would work out, control-wise. Remember, we're using a Wii controller here, not a regular one. I think you'd most likely point in the direction you want to fly in and use the analog stick to execute it, but imagine if they had you thrust out the nunchuck and remote and flap as if you had wings. That'd be a friggin' nightmare o_O

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I'm trying to imagine how this would work out, control-wise. Remember, we're using a Wii controller here, not a regular one. I think you'd most likely point in the direction you want to fly in and use the analog stick to execute it, but imagine if they had you thrust out the nunchuck and remote and flap as if you had wings. That'd be a friggin' nightmare o_O

Wii Fit Plus actually has a game that has you flap your arms as wings to fly from platform to platform. It's fun but I felt so silly doing it that I was laughing out loud by the end of it. Also, that was only for a couple-minute game. If you had to use it repeatedly in a Zelda dungeon? As you said, a nightmare! I'd like to keep my Zelda and my exercise separate. *g*

And true, I hadn't thought of the logistics of it. I assume the point and click would be similar to "flying" up the waterfall on the bird in TP. Which, to tell the truth, I wasn't so great at. It could turn out to be something good in theory but less so in execution (like the iron boots in OoT.)

Last edited:
P

PHforever

I think that Nintendo wouldn't take the risk. First, a lot of veteran fans would criticise the game to death. Second, they would have to create complex 3-D movement when Link is flying. Do you know how hard it is to do this? EA was going to do it with Spore, but they gave up, as it would be too complex, costing huge amounts of money.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Hey, look this image..............

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom