• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fantasy role play

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie had roused earlier than usual from having slept early to find that her hawk and owl had apparently managed to catch two rabbits between them and eaten well. With that in mind, she set about building a fire to smoke what was left of the two creatures so that she'd have more food and pelts for her journey up the mountain. She skinned them with an expertise honed over decades and had butchered them, eaten, petted her birds, and felt prepared for the journey up the mountain around the time the sun set.

With darkness as her cover, she began the trek, her birds and her finally in their element to play cat and mouse with the roving orcs and other monsters as she made her way up the mountain. She easily managed to dispatch a few here and there while making slow but steady progress up the mountain. By the time morning was approaching, she'd even found a nice little stone nook to hole up in and rest while waiting for darkness to once again return. Her birds were pleased to eat rabbit for a second time.

Pen

The game is on!
Riq had missed the talk of Kahna's magic training earlier, but now (in the morning after everyone has awoken) he approaches Kahna and says: "Hey, I saw you using fire magic at the inn before. I understand you specialize in healing magic, but if you wanna improve your fire magic, I could show you a few tricks. Oh, and do you control any elements other than fire?"

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana was pleased Riq was willing to teach her "Mogget said something about a water spirit in my staff" she said

Last edited:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
"No, I think we should go. that mountain isn't going to climb itself." Nevermore snaps out of her lonely thinking and grabs her pack. "Lets get going!"

She starts up the mountain. at first it is a gentle incline but she knows it will only get harder.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana remained at the back of the group, she'd had over a day to forget what the pace was like. But also she was thinking. She held her staff close to her and was excited that Riq may be able to teach her. Once she was able to quicken her pace and keep up with the group she may no longer be just a burden.

Pen

The game is on!
Riq walks at the back with Khana as they walk towards the mountain. He thinks of Aerdrie and wonders where she might be right now. He hopes they will meet up with her somewhere soon. "Water spirit, huh?" he says to Khana "So you can control water as well as fire? Have you ever tried your hand at air and earth as well?"

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana shook her head. Before joining the group she had lived on a farm where her healing was useful but any elemental magic was not required.

Pen

The game is on!
"I see. So fire is all you know at this stage..." The whole concept of elemental magic and magical staffs fascinates Riq, since the powers that he possesses are indeed different from the magic of this world. They are similar, yet not actually the same. Despite knowing well how to use his own powers, it might prove difficult for him to teach Khana since their respective powers have completely different roots.

Misty

Ronin
Around that moment, Aerdrie was just waking up from her slumber that she'd begun earlier when day broke. This was the problem with moving around at night. There wasn't nearly enough of it and it would be around six hours before night came again. She sighed at this thought. She hated mountains. They were by far her least favorite natural occurrence. She slowly unrolled some wood to begin carving into arrows. She made her own, a practice that most elves learned over time and was particularly important to the rangers and scouts.

She was at this for several hours when her birds picked up the movements of the group she'd just finished leaving behind. They alerted her to this with a screech from above to this fact. She briefly took her bird's sight to determine that they were only about a mile off from her position. Not desiring to run into them, she began the process of repacking her arrow making tools and finished this task when they were a half-mile off. With that, she decided to move earlier than expected sliding and hopping skillfully down the mountain back into the brush where she began to walk as quickly as she could without seeming to run away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom