• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fantasy role play

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Mogget explained how she could ask the spirits in her staff to help her learn magic fast and quickly, it would be a tiny bit dangerous.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This was all sickeningly sweet in Dean's eyes. He didn't mind the bonding - a stronger party does better things - but it was almost painful to watch. He sits off in the corner, away from the group again. He felt like this would be his position quite a bit, and he didn't mind it. Besides, he had no say in the argument between the Elf and the Bird-Woman. He didn't know what the group had gone through before he'd shown up or what the near-future held for them. So he simply stood and waited.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana mulled over in her head what Mogget had told her. She was desperate to be able to help the group more but was afraid of these spirits. She made up her mind to keep to her original plan and ask Riq to help her.

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie’s gaze flicked to Mogget first as she responded, “Ran or not, when Riq first fell she was on him and healing. When I first fell, she remained. And when she ran, I told her to leave me and run. I believe she would have stayed had I not. She shows great courage when necessary. A fool does not run when they have lost. As for my tact, we can debate my tact at a later date, around the same time we discuss where exactly you were when Riq and I fell in battle with no one besides Khana to help us. Finding your clothing again, kitty cat?”

Her gaze shifted to Nevermore and with no apparent shame, she dropped the blanket, reached up and began to untie her armor. A moment later, she was peeling off her outer shirt to reveal the healed scar from where the arrow had gone all the way through her shoulder. There was a lot of dried blood around it, covering the rest of her shoulders, soaking her undershirt, and the shirt she’d taken off was stiff from it. She sat there in several moments of uncomfortable silence before responding forcing Nevermore to stare at the blood loss and closed wound she’d sustained under her leadership.

“Riq, Khana, and I are not alive because of your leadership, we are alive because of Khana’s courage and healing and my strength. You are not alive because of you. You would be dying from torture were it not for this infernal stranger. We would all be dead because of you.” Her gaze didn’t move and she wasn’t blinking despite having a head ache.

At the mention she should not expect to remain, she began to put her shirt and armor back on although the movements were slow. She rolled up the deer skin and tied it to her pack. Each movement was slow, but performed with a sort of intensity not unusual for her kind. The two birds watched her worriedly.

“Still, it is clear to me you have everything under control. May the great Elk and fair Earth protect and bless you each with health and fortune.” With that, she stalked past Nevermore leaving only the smell of the blood from her shirt and several loose feathers behind to tell she’d ever been. The birds fluttered out after her taking off into the sky to scout for a good place to rest.

She set off to find a better place to hide out and sleep deciding that she would climb the mountain at night when it would be harder to find her and her vision would give her the edge. They were all idiots and were as likely to solve the problem as to turn into dragons and meet the holy mother earth. So she would do what she’d always done, solve the problem herself and then leave before the accolades.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana felt quite uncomfortable with Aerdries outburst. She liked and respected Nevermore but she also liked and respected Aerdrie so she was sad to see her go. Part of her wanted to run after her and beg her to stay with the group but the other part told her to not be so stupid. Aerdrie was angry and needed time to cool off. Instead Khana went back to packing up her stuff.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Nevermore sighs and stops what she's doing. "Guys, stop packing, Aerdrie was right. We need to take a day to rest. Just, take it easy, we will start tomorrow."

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana did what she was told and looked out in the direction Aerdrie had taken "should we go after her?" she asked

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
"I may not know what's been going on before I showed up," Dean says, breaking his silence, "But I know that a party divided is weak. If she would rather take the easy way out than work directly to improve the group, then she weakens us, no matter her physical strength," this was a careful game Dean was playing. He had to get in the good graces of each team member, and the easiest way to do that is to fill a gap in the ranks. Take on the social role of another who has recently left. He could only hope that this gambit would not end with the others looking down on him for his suggestion. He knew this wasn't the answer they wanted to hear, however, and didn't know these people well enough to know their reactions.

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie had waited until she was a distance away from the cave and headed for a decent and strong looking tree to slow her steps and allow the weariness that came with her blood loss to take hold. She was angry, certainly. Her shoulder still hurt even with the wound closed. Nevermore looked terrible and was planning to march up a mountain. She couldn't get the damn images the birds had transmitted her when she woke out of her head. If only she'd not taken the arrow, she could have saved her from the torture the hawk had witnessed.

Still, as she neared the tree, she told herself that such was no longer her burden to carry. She would go up the mountain and do what she'd been trained to do. If she succeeded, then Khana and the others would be safer than if they'd all gone up together. With that thought in mind, she fed her birds who were pecking at her hair for attention and food. It took her another hour of walk to reach the tree and twenty more minutes to scale it and tie herself to it. Ordinarily, she would have simply slept in it, but mountain breezes could be strong and she didn't wish to fall out of it from this height. She folded her arms then saying a prayer to the Great Elk for her and the others safety...a little knock of sense wouldn't be out of place either.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
"Umm, let's just take our time. We can comtinue later." Nevermore says, she is still a little upset but she tries to forget about it. "Dean, I think you would make a great addition to the team if you want to." She says, his initial effect on her seemed to have worn off.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
"We should let her cool off, I'm sure she'll come back. She is not insensible, she knows that we work better together than individually. And if she doesn't, that's that's her loss." She gave Khana a reassuring smile even though she herself was not sure what would happen next.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
'wel if we're staying here for a while, Khana can I have a look at your staff for a minute please?' Mogget diverted the conversation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom