• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Tree's Success...real or Fanfiction?

The real questions is: How do you know that this is not the same land from TWW? You have no proof to think otherwise. Just as you have no proof to say that Link is a Girl made of cheese ten years before TP. That is serously what you just said sounded like in my opinoin.
I never said that I had proof that it wasn't the same land. That's not the problem here. The problem is that he's stating "facts" without proof.

Pinecove

Last Chance
The problem is that he's stating "facts" without proof.

Please don't accuse me of something that is not true.

thethreecontinents.png

See that mountain in the top right corner? In game someone says it "used to be called a mountain of death."
Not only that, but the entire thing with the GDT in the bottom and the mountain in the top seems to imply something here... (If you don't get what I'm saying, look at TWW's map and the distance between the GDT and Dragon Roost Island.

I think innocence in your metaphor would be better attributed to success. Their intent was to pull the land together, so we should assume that they continue to act on that intent until it is evident that they failed.

Actually, I think the burden of proof rests on the argument for the existence of its success. In most instances it does lie on those who are claiming something exists.

Please don't accuse me of something that is not true.

thethreecontinents.png

See that mountain in the top right corner? In game someone says it "used to be called a mountain of death."
Not only that, but the entire thing with the GDT in the bottom and the mountain in the top seems to imply something here... (If you don't get what I'm saying, look at TWW's map and the distance between the GDT and Dragon Roost Island.
That's still not proof. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but you've certainly not proved anything. Besides, if they were meant to be the same islands from TWW, don't you think that they would, you know, at least LOOK the same? Yeah, there are similarities...but nothing close enough to prove anything.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Besides, if they were meant to be the same islands from TWW, don't you think that they would, you know, at least LOOK the same? Yeah, there are similarities...but nothing close enough to prove anything.

Um... not if the great deku tree's plan actually worked.
And once again, I've provided in game proof:

Oh and I forgot - one of the continents is called "Lon Lon Meadows."

You can refute proof all you like, but even the slightest bit of proof from me, makes my side have the advantage. It is up to YOU to now provide evidence that this is in fact NOT a watery Hyrule 300 years from TWW.

Um... not if the great deku tree's plan actually worked.
And once again, I've provided in game proof:

Oh and I forgot - one of the continents is called "Lon Lon Meadows."

You can refute proof all you like, but even the slightest bit of proof from me, makes my side have the advantage. It is up to YOU to now provide evidence that this is in fact NOT a watery Hyrule 300 years from TWW.
Okay, you do have a point, but it's a pointless point, because even if the Deku Tree's Success was in fact taken into account in FPTRR, it hasn't been shown in any main series Zelda game. Also, while it might in fact be the islands of the Great Sea coming together and the water level dropping, many years after TWW...it could also be many years prior to TWW, in a newly flooded world. This seems even more likely, because people remember landmarks like Death Mountain and Lon Lon Ranch, while in TWW nearly everything about Hyrule has been forgotten. Or, a third possibility...FPTRR isn't canon at all, in which case it doesn't connect to the main series Zelda games in any way, so any "evidence" you draw from FRTRR means nothing.

Last edited:
Okay, you do have a point, but it's a pointless point, because even if the Deku Tree's Success was in fact taken into account in RPTRR, it hasn't been shown in any main series Zelda game. Also, while it might in fact be the islands of the Great Sea coming together and the water level dropping, many years after TWW...it could also be many years prior to TWW, in a newly flooded world. This seems even more likely, because people remember landmarks like Death Mountain and Lon Lon Ranch, while in TWW nearly everything about Hyrule has been forgotten. Or, a third possibility...RPTRR isn't canon at all, in which case it doesn't connect to the main series Zelda games in any way, so any "evidence" you draw from PRTRR means nothing.

I don't really think it's another flood, because the goddesses wouldn't send two floods to get rid of Ganon, but like I said before I agree with the Tingle game being non-canon, I mean it wasn't even released on America also many people hate Tingle xD

I don't really think it's another flood, because the goddesses wouldn't send two floods to get rid of Ganon, but like I said before I agree with the Tingle game being non-canon, I mean it wasn't even released on America also many people hate Tingle xD

Not being released in America does not make it non-canon. People not liking Tingle also does not make it non-canon.

Not being released in America does not make it non-canon. People not liking Tingle also does not make it non-canon.

I agree with this, but why would a game where Zelda and Link don't appear and doesn't aport anything useful to the Zelda games be canon? just because it proves the Deku Tree's success?? I don't think so

I never said it was another flood. I said that FPTRR could take place shortly after Hyrule was flooded, which would explain why there are still some memories of Hyrule. Then TWW would take place many years after that, after the water level rose or the land eroded naturally.

I completly agree with this. Same goes for Navi Trackers.
FPTRR is ambiguously canon, because it doesn't contradict other games or anything. Navi Trackers, on the other hand, is downright non-canon, period. It's purely a multiplayer experience, not meant to be a part of the story, just like Shadow Battle or any other multiplayer mode in any Zelda game.

Last edited:
I agree with this, but why would a game where Zelda and Link don't appear and doesn't aport anything useful to the Zelda games be canon? just because it proves the Deku Tree's success?? I don't think so

Why does it have to be crucial to the timeline to be canon? The events in Majora's Mask do not affect the other Zelda games that much, other than it proceeds from OoT. That does not make it non-canon.

Why does it have to be crucial to the timeline to be canon? The events in Majora's Mask do not affect the other Zelda games that much, other than it proceeds from OoT. That does not make it non-canon

Wrong. In MM at the end Link goes back to the Lost Woods, where he might go and become a Stalfo, which would turn into the skelleton that teaches you swordfighting in TP

Wrong. In MM at the end Link goes back to the Lost Woods, where he might go and become a Stalfo, which would turn into the skelleton that teaches you swordfighting in TP
Yes but that is allfanfiction and not proven. Like Axle said in his video, there really is not enough proof to even say that and that does not contradict what joseph says what so ever. Besides, if that were true, that would be on the adult timeline, TP is canonicly on the child timeline. Anyways, that is a tangent and lets get back on topic. Is the Deku Tree's Success real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom