• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ken, you are very much overreacting to that vote on Bok and I'll tell you why.

1. TattooArtist is a newer player and probably doesn't know anybody. I'm not saying new players should be given a free pass over things like this, but there are other things to think about as well.

2. funnier told her to vote Bok, and as a new player, she wouldn't understand why or why not to do it, or when it's a good/bad time to do it.

3. There are still well over 24 hours left in this 20 player game, so 2 votes puts Bok nowhere close to being in danger at this point, and you're already jumping to conclusions by saying that she's mafia who is eager for a lynch, and funnier is her scumbud. If there were less players, and only an hour or two left, then it might be a different scenario.

4. She broke the tie. You're acting like that's such a suspicious thing, but remember that a tie = no lynch in this game, which you should know most people here are very against for day 1. So she moved the game towards a more favourable scenario than the otherwise.

5. Bok has had pressure on him for a while, and still hasn't really talked. In fact, he's been laying rather low so far in this game compared to most others. So what's wrong with another vote?

I'm not saying your jumping to conclusions is scummy necessarily, since you did it in the last game we played together (Anime Girls), but I just wanted to point out why I think you're overreacting to that vote.

funnier6

Courage~
Well, the conversation has started, and yet neither if you have taken your votes off. Also, you don't need to vote on someone yo start a conversation with them. Just @THEM.

Also, I already expanded on my suspicion.

If that’s your entire case then it’s basically mafia philosophy and won’t get you anywhere. @ing people does not start conversation cause all that’ll happen is they’ll pop in, say nothings happened yet and pop back out. It’s happened before.

I shouldn’t have to explain that we’re like 26 or so hours from eod so I see no reason to unvote, if ever I feel I should be voting someone else I will.

This is just a big you’re not familiar with my play style type thing, ask anyone they’ll tell you.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, the conversation has started, and yet neither if you have taken your votes off. Also, you don't need to vote on someone yo start a conversation with them. Just @THEM.
I don't think you realize just how votes work. There are more reasons to vote people than to lynch them. Votes on people don't mean "this person is totes scum, I wanna lynch him!!!" Votes are town's most powerful weapon during the day. They apply pressure on people, which gets them talking. You seem to believe that Bok getting a second vote on him is this terrible thing that's going to get him killed, when in reality, the vote on him is mostly harmless.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤

1. TattooArtist is a newer player and probably doesn't know anybody. I'm not saying new players should be given a free pass over things like this, but there are other things to think about as well.

2. funnier told her to vote Bok, and as a new player, she wouldn't understand why or why not to do it, or when it's a good/bad time to do it.

3. There are still well over 24 hours left in this 20 player game, so 2 votes puts Bok nowhere close to being in danger at this point, and you're already jumping to conclusions by saying that she's mafia who is eager for a lynch, and funnier is her scumbud. If there were less players, and only an hour or two left, then it might be a different scenario.

4. She broke the tie. You're acting like that's such a suspicious thing, but remember that a tie = no lynch in this game, which you should know most people here are very against for day 1. So she moved the game towards a more favourable scenario than the otherwise.

5. Bok has had pressure on him for a while, and still hasn't really talked. In fact, he's been laying rather low so far in this game compared to most others. So what's wrong with another vote?

I'm not saying your jumping to conclusions is scummy necessarily, since you did it in the last game we played together (Anime Girls), but I just wanted to point out why I think you're overreacting to that vote.

THANK YOU.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Is this your first mafia? If not, you should know that you shouldn't vote for someone just because someone told you to.... Unless you're scum
This is very untrue. As a general principle, maybe, but there are several scenarios in which it's actually good to do this. In this case, funnier was trying to get some extra pressure applied on Bok, which there's nothing wrong with, and she complied. I explained above why votes does not equal lynch, so that plus TattooArtist being new, her vote doesn't look suspicious to me at this time.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started

You make good points. However, you gloss over point number 2 like it's nothing. I'll concede on the points of Tatt being new, but regardless:

1. Neither of them have removed their votes (after saying it was to start a conversation which has clearly been started).

2. To start a convo with Bok, they coulda just @'d him.

3. Funnier still told someone to vote for a player, which goes back to my first point,they still haven't unvoted.

Instead of funnier unvoting and explaining it was just a way to get the game going(which is a debatable tactic), he deflected and kept his vote on bok. He also told Tatt to vote for him as well, which is very susspect to me.

Kylo Ken

This is very untrue. As a general principle, maybe, but there are several scenarios in which it's actually good to do this. In this case, funnier was trying to get some extra pressure applied on Bok, which there's nothing wrong with, and she complied. I explained above why votes does not equal lynch, so that plus TattooArtist being new, her vote doesn't look suspicious to me at this time.
Again, just @him. It takes him to the exact post funnier would want him to see, rather than just voting for him. Very, very, questionable tactics, hence my vote.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You make good points. However, you gloss over point number 2 like it's nothing. I'll concede on the points of Tatt being new, but regardless:

1. Neither of them have removed their votes (after saying it was to start a conversation which has clearly been started).
Why do they need to? Like I said, Bok isn't in any danger at this point with still well over 24 hours left in the day, and him being nowhere near majority. And I know he said he was sick, but Bok still hasn't come in and said anything about them, so they don't need to remove their votes.

2. To start a convo with Bok, they coulda just @'d him.
Ya, @'ing people is a good way to ping people, but it doesn't mean they're going to talk. Voting adds pressure, and pressure can make people crack and slip-up as scum. If you really want to get people talking, @'ing them does next to nothing. How people react to votes can often create very good scumtells.

3. Funnier still told someone to vote for a player, which goes back to my first point,they still haven't unvoted.

Instead of funnier unvoting and explaining it was just a way to get the game going(which is a debatable tactic), he deflected and kept his vote on bok. He also told Tatt to vote for him as well, which is very susspect to me.
Both my responses to points 1 and 2 are valid here, so I don't have much else to say. Just know that funnier is acting like his regular town self (which is fair if you don't know, since you haven't played in a while), and there really isn't anything strange or fishy about him asking people to vote Bok, or TattooArtist following through with it. In fact, this discussion is really getting nowhere fast.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Again, just @him. It takes him to the exact post funnier would want him to see, rather than just voting for him. Very, very, questionable tactics, hence my vote.

Just @ing someone isn't guaranteed to get their attention, and as ME2 quoted above, Bok is away and probably won't get on for @ing or even the pressure votes for an unknown amount of time. ME1 said it himself that 2 votes out of 11 for maj is not going to hurt Bok. Though your votes all of your posts in general look like thrashing about to me Kylo, so "is this your 1st game" seems more appropriately aimed at you.

Kylo Ken

Just @ing someone isn't guaranteed to get their attention, and as ME2 quoted above, Bok is away and probably won't get on for @ing or even the pressure votes for an unknown amount of time. ME1 said it himself that 2 votes out of 11 for maj is not going to hurt Bok. Though your votes all of your posts in general look like thrashing about to me Kylo, so "is this your 1st game" seems more appropriately aimed at you.
I agree, just @ing someone wouldn't be enough to get their attention. But for a townie who should be concerned about not voting out other townies, that way would be a hell of a lot more efficient than putting a vite on them. Again, if bok won't be on, then he can't defend himself against the votes.

Your second point is that it's only 2 votes out if 11. But if the day ended right now, bok will be lynched. Rules state by the end of the day, whoever has most votes gets lynched. If it ends in a tie(which it was till Tatt voted) no one is lynched.
"But Kylo you incredibly sexy man, the day doesn't end till Thursday night."
True my adoring fan. But the way I see it is that we're on the second half of the day and mafia made a move.

Look at the post with my first vote. No overreacting, no thrashing. Just said along the lines of," You broke the tie" then voted. Then instead of properly defending their vote, Tatt and Funnier try to deflect, and ask me to defend mine. Sure, I explain what I thought was suspicious about their votes. Tatt only voted for bok cause Funnier said to. And Funnier did to spark a convo(which is ridiculous because again, bok's might barely be here so why pick him and you can still @ him which is safer). I don't think these two defenses hold up for reasons I've already explained, so my vote is justified.

Plus, the overreaction was on their side. Not like my vote did anything, right? Neither Funnier nor Tatt will be lynched if the day ended right now, yet look at the backlash.

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
I honestly just think Darth was just trying to move out of the RVS and into some serious discussion and I guess my rvsing a wagon vote stood out to him for me. Same as with the other 2 though I'm still conflicted.
This looks a an honest and genuine explanation and so far after my vote you don't look scummy to me.
Unvote: Ayano Keiko

That said, I've already indicated that leaving YIGA alone is the best course of action for now, since he'll sort himself out, and if he doesn't, he's worth a lynch somewhere around D2-D3.
Would you suggest an investigative night action on him?

On the current situation with Kylo: It's a bit fast to vote TA like that, looks mostly like a pressure vote to me. However,
1. Kylo doesn't act like it's a pressure vote and gets all serious and heaten up
2. With the explanation given on TA's action, mostly being new, I'll let this vote of her(?) slide.

Kylo wouldn't act so hastily and over the top as scum, this attracts way too much attention to them, which I think is something they wouldn't risk.

Kylo Ken

Never really got heated up. I just like mafia games, lol. All I did was defend my vote, which I expect everyone to do. I also unvoted Tatt cause Mez's explanation held for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom