• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Girls Mafia - The Kawaii Yakuza

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I think you might have confused Mido and Deku, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Deku was the one who had a vote on Ken and then removed it, thus solidifying Cslaught's lynch, not Mido. Mido, on the other hand, had his vote on Minish, which is actually why I personally believe him to be town. Ironically, these same reasons that you mention here contribute to my high suspicion of Deku.

I just want to point out that Kirino died first, not Bok. In case there was any confusion.
My apologies, I somehow mixed those people up.

See, this post calls attention to the fact that you yourself voted for Kenshin as well, and for similar reasons that you find me suspicious. The day ended with us both voting for the same person on similar reasons, so it's plausible that you also defended Cslaught and tried to redirect the lynch and suspicion towards Kenshin.
Well actually that is true, I don't rule that out either. I consider Tristan to be town-leaning because of his agressive play throughout the game, but I certainly do not trust him blindly.

So if I flip town on a lynch, you would go after Deku, and vice versa? Or if I flipped scum, would you drop the suspicion on Deku, and vice versa again?
Not precisely.
I have been thinking. I can vote for 8 persons. Pendio and Libk are too inactive atm. That does certainly not rule out they are scum but at least one member of the scum team must be active as I argued before, and let's hunt for that player first, he/she poses a bigger danger. That leaves 6. I mixed up Deku and Mido, so no, for now I give Deku the benefit of the doubt, I won't vote for him. The same goes for Tristan as I explained above, leaving 4. Kaio survived yesterday in favour of Cslaught, I doubt they'd be on the same team. Possible, but not likely, leaving 3: Mido, Johnny and Karu.

Now that I'm writing this, and checking Karu's posts, she falls under the inactive group as well, but somehow catches my attention a lot... but I'll make a separate post about that later.

Anyway, out of th active players most likely to be part of the mafia team, only Johnny and Mido stand out. And frankly, i have to agree with Deku's analysis on this pair. I can imagine Mido being scum, but that is primarily based on non-action, johnny left a scummy trail, as Deku nicely summarised.

I was planning to vote for Johnny now, but for a moment I'm doubting between Johnny and Karu, I'll give it some more thought

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well I'm going to do my best to not be lynched so I took the time to reread some more and @karu stuck out to me a good bit. Only a few posts and little contribution. But Karu's like

Vote: Pendio

Hi senpai!!! (≧∇≦)/

Thank you Pendio senpai, I'm determined to win this time!

This is a game of trust no one, senpai. If you're town you're town, but I won't know that. If you're scum you're scum, and I still won't know that. Keeping my eye on everyone!!! Though from my previous game experience I kinda of get how to pick out the mafia, I'm confident in my guts this game!!! Bring. It. On.

@Tristan, I notice you being actually active in this game unlike the previous game. Plus the whole "trust no one" is one of the general rules in a game of Mafia, unless you yourself are the scum because scum knows who scum is. The fact that you're questioning me about this simple rule brings me to question: do you specifically trust someone in a game of mafia, Tristan? If so, you're scum, because scum knows who other scums are and there for you know who the townies are. Unlike the last game we played I'm keeping a closer eye one you. Oh and btw, I said "trust no one" but I also said "I'm keeping an eye out for everyone": even if I think/am sure you're townie I won't back off

@Mido, the whole situation with Cslaught02 and kokirion is rather interesting. There conversations and actions alone have started this game in a serous level, we at least have something to go off on. But as many of you mentioned before, it's rather suspicious that Cslaught02 voted for kokirion while they already had 2 votes on them. I think it's wise to keep a look out for Cslaught02, but then again this is their first time playing Mafia in ZD. Though they said the played irl: same rules just different play styles, you're not off the hook yet

This would be a whole lot more interesting if Moonstone was here. Man she was on everyone's tail. Oh well, don't go easy on me guys cause I won't be easy this time around

Karu is being fairly aggressive here and then suddenly stops posting. The response was also a little too agressive for what was directed by Tristan. It just rubs me the wrong way and it's my biggest scum vibe currently.

Vote: Karu

I know I'm likely to get lynched, but I'd really rather not.

Mido

Version 1
Now, for my thoughts on people:
  • The first thing that catches my eye when glancing over Mido is his vote on Minish. He was the only one to seriously do so, and their conversation, as far as I'm aware, was pretty much ignored by everyone else. After he and Minish made peace, he never removed his vote or turned his vote to one of the existing wagons, almost like he was trying to clean his hands from it.
As for the question from Tristan and Mido... I just didn't think about it I guess? Not really something that crossed my mind. I was just like "let's make sure it's not tied. It's not tied now. Yay." I admit that was an oversight that could've turned out badly, but let's be happy it didn't. And why would I hope for that? If I wanted a no lynch, I could've literally done and said nothing and there would've been a no-lynch.
Anyways, I'll almost definitely still be asleep at 8am (not a morning person), so I'll make a vote now to tie it up and hope that nobody else votes for me overnight. The choice for me is between Mido, Soosh, and the inactives. The inactives are more null from inactivity (if I'm alive tomorrow I'm gonna come for you three), and between Mido and Soosh, I find Soosh more scummy. My reasoning on Mido is from lack of action, and my reasoning from Soosh is his action.
Vote: Johnny Sooshi

And also, apologies if this seems disjointed. I wrote this post between things throughout the day.

So I assume based in that scenario, your read on Cslaught was not as strong as your opinion on Ken?

As for my actions towards Minish_Link, I kept my vote on her because while she responded to my posts well, I saw it as recovery. I believe her previous post tinged with opportunism, however, much more discreet in comparison to say Cslaught's blatant vote (although in hindsight, his backing off kokirion could be seen in a similar vein).

Making a judgment call here is difficult to exercise. Rereading Tristan, the largest nail-biters from my perspective revolve around two things: the brunt of his reasoning for voting Ken and the timing of the voting.

Hmm... I thought about it a bit more over the past few hours and while I was watching the movie, and I want to lynch Cslaught less and less. I initially found his vote on Koki weird, and I still do, but for the most part, I agree with what he's saying. I'm keeping my eye on him for sure, but my overall opinion on him has changed.

I'm actually, after a quick reread and regrouping of my thoughts, leaning more towards a Kenshin lynch now. I just can't get over the contradiction he made when he said no lynches were smart and then immediately followed it up with a vote on someone, and then continued saying he liked the idea of lynching nobody day 1 whilst still keeping his vote on Cslaught.

This post in particular encapsulates my concerns. The brunt of his reasoning revolves around the contradiction and it seems the vote itself did not have much play in the matter outside of shaping the contradiction. Then there was the timing of the vote, which came about as the votes on Cslaught began to materialize. This leads me to believe this entire process could have been geared towards steering the lynch elsewhere.

Johnny Sooshi said:
See, this post calls attention to the fact that you yourself voted for Kenshin as well, and for similar reasons that you find me suspicious. The day ended with us both voting for the same person on similar reasons, so it's plausible that you also defended Cslaught and tried to redirect the lynch and suspicion towards Kenshin.

It was this post in particular that forced me to reconsider the merits of the Kenshin vote wagon. it does seem, however, the problems that arise with this postulation come with the fact that the overall progression of Tristan's thoughts seem very fleshed-out and organic, which I like. Johnny's progression seemed more abrupt, perhaps taking advantage of a hypothetical town error via Tristan in pushing Kenshin. Hard to say, since the dichotomy I outlined goes both ways, but what seals the deal for myself at this time is Tristan's progression that gives him the slight edge here.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

Karu is being fairly aggressive here and then suddenly stops posting. The response was also a little too agressive for what was directed by Tristan. It just rubs me the wrong way and it's my biggest scum vibe currently.

Interesting point. I first considered karu to have a slight town lean at first looking at her response to myself, but this point is interesting especially from the standpoint in that while she had a semi-aggressive response to Tristan, she never acted on her postulation in any way. Definitely something to consider.

karu

Panamaniac
Well I'm going to do my best to not be lynched so I took the time to reread some more and @karu stuck out to me a good bit. Only a few posts and little contribution. But Karu's like

In all honesty I'm not receiving any sort of notification for the game thread like last game and I don't know freaking why? With less than an hour remaining I want to at the very least post something.

After spending most of class reading all the posts that I missed, due to technical difficulties, I've come to a conclusion:

True, I was aggressive towards Tristan, but I did not act upon that. I get it seems scummy but I've my reasons.

1) Tristan's actually being active unlike last game, and scums usually tend to not be active in order to not attract attention to themselves: I've viewed, and still continue to view, Tristan as Town.

2) Johnny is playing similarly to the Sherlock game, quiet, reserved, and then goes after someone to raise suspicion of them. And before you go and say "Last time I was defending you cause Moonstone was after you." Defending me raised suspicion towards the both of us but since I was already on the chopping block I was the one at risk. This time you're going after me directly, and when you yourself are the one in danger. This seems scummy to me. However, since you already seem to be dead due to the amount of votes you already have, I won't vote for you. I said I wouldn't hold anything back, be wise if you're going after me. At least have a more of a solid reason to, I didn't post anything serious other than the convo with Tristan.

3)DekuNut... just DekuNut... idk man, I do have some suspicion towards you, but it's not strong enough to vote for yah man.

I'll try my best to be active, though it's not my fault I'm receiving no notifications for this game

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Vote Count:
Johnny Sooshi(3) - DekuNut, Tristan, Mido
karu(1) - Johnny Sooshi

Ara ara~ it looks like everybody has made a decision.

But what a shame...poor girl.
3Dq10Wh.jpg

Johnny Sooshi was Taiga Aisaka from Toradora, a Vanilla Townie

As usual, a video to remember her by.

Let's get some rest everyone, we will need it for tomorrow.

The night ends in 24 hours. Please send in your night actions.

Jamie

Due to the fact that the 11 am deadline is less workable for me and others, I will still have the night end at 11am tomorrow, as in, that is when all night actions will be due, but the day will not start and the night actions will not be posted until 11pm tomorrow.

Jamie

Ara mother****ing ara, *****es!

We didn't sleep in this time! That's great. A death happened tonight...again. Another cute anime girl died, holding her phone. Strange though, not only did she survive despite her helpful diary, but also it seems someone tried to save her too? Well, I guess it doesn't matter. She's a goner.

sRYkBkJ.jpg

kokirion was Yuno Gasai from Future Diary, the Serial Killer

She was a fiesty one, that's for sure!

And another death happened too, looks like the town is in a really good spot after this one! A tough one to kill, to be sure.
9oDV1LI.png

DekuNut was Android 18 from Dragon Ball, the Yakuza Roleblocker

She has her sexy moments, that's for sure.

The Living:
1. @Pendio
2. @Mido
3. @Libk
4. @Tristan
5. @Kaio-Kenshin
6. @karu

The Dead:
1. Cslaught02 - Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa, the Yakuza Boss
2. Kirino - Ushio Okazaki from Clannad, one of the Town Mother/Daughter Pair
3. Prophecies About Bok Choy - Nagisa Okazaki from Clannad, one of the Town Mother/Daughter Pair
4. Minish_Link - Hitagi Senjougahara from the Monogatari Franchise, the Town Cop
5. Johnny Sooshi - Taiga Aisaka from Toradora, a Vanilla Townie
6. kokirion - Yuno Gasai from Future Diary, the Serial Killer
7. DekuNut - Android 18 from Dragon Ball, the Yakuza Roleblocker

The day ends on Friday, January 13th at 11:00 PM EST. Good luck!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Nice hit vig! Also, thanks Mafia, you guys rock! :D

So it looks like I was right about Koki not being mafia, but he certainly wasn't town. Also, @DekuNut, I hate you, very very much. :P

Anyway, with the SK gone now, along with 2 members of the mafia, and 6 players remaining, we are, for the most part, in a fairly good spot. One thing that concerns me, though, is the possibility that there are two scum remaining as opposed to one. I think four in a game of thirteen is a bit op, but it's a possibility, however small. Because of this, we could essentially be in My-Lo today. We have the full three days for discussion this time around, so we should have plenty of time to come up with a good consensus.

I'm gonna give a full rundown of each player later after another re-read, but for now I'm going to focus on Karu and Mido. There were some interesting points made against Karu during the previous day, and I'm starting to get the feeling I may have misjudged Mido. The inactives (namely Pendio and Libk) have obviously given us literally nothing to work with, having not made a single contributory post at all between both of the first two days, so I'm expecting them to make some posts today.

karu

Panamaniac
I'm just hopping I actually get notifications about the game thread. This is like the 2nd time this has happened

Mido

Version 1
Nice hit vig! Also, thanks Mafia, you guys rock! :D

I'm gonna give a full rundown of each player later after another re-read, but for now I'm going to focus on Karu and Mido. There were some interesting points made against Karu during the previous day, and I'm starting to get the feeling I may have misjudged Mido. The inactives (namely Pendio and Libk) have obviously given us literally nothing to work with, having not made a single contributory post at all between both of the first two days, so I'm expecting them to make some posts today.

After the previous day, and given our situation now, my own read on you treads upward, especially after this post:

It's late and the day ends early, so I can't be sure that anybody else is going to alter the vote count between now and the day's end. I feel pretty good about lynching DekuNut, but I feel like if I keep my vote on him, there's going to be a no lynch, and I'm not risking that. I don't normally like recommending vig targets, but since our cop is dead, I suggest the vig go for DekuNut tonight. I'm reluctant to do this, but it seems necessary now.

Given the result of the night scene, my view is reinforced. Especially since the game is heading into its later stages, I doubt scum would sell out a teammate in this way. There wouldn't be as much to gain from it in terms of town credit that a lynch would bring. this all being said, my reads stand here.

Town: Tristan (see above)

Leaning town: Kenshin (although his day 2 has me questioning this)

Null: Pendio, Libk (although the latter has started to pick up steam)

Scum: karu (my thoughts stated yesterday)

@karu and @Kaio-Kenshin I'm interested to see where you two stand on how you view the remaining player base. What say you both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom