• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2014 Golden Key Awards Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're at it, remove Darksiders Dungeon entirely, along with Account Suspended Dungeon The Order: 1886 and that other site no one has ever heard of GenGAME.

Dan

We need a most knowledgeable in Gengame, after-all we have some major history buffs that can tell us a lot about Gengame from looking at ancient Gengame artifacts left here on the forum.

Big Octo

=^)
We need a most knowledgeable in Gengame, after-all we have some major history buffs that can tell us a lot about Gengame from looking at ancient Gengame artifacts left here on the forum.

They can also tell us about the tyrannical reign of the dictator only known to us now as "The Plant".

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have some suggestions:

Best feedback giver. (for stories, etc)
Best overall member (I dunno about this one, but maybe you can give it a try)

Fig

The Altruist
First of all, I would to thank ALIT and the rest of the Event Staff for already starting to get the GKAs up and running again. It's really a great way to celebrate the creation of Zelda Dungeon/Dungeon Gaming Network. I've been meaning to post in this thread but after reviewing some posts in this thread, I do want to point out something.

From what I am have been seeing, there are a lot of decent posts and suggestions that I think would be useful for either this year's GKAs or for sure next year. Categories such as "Best Quote Archive", "Best Musician", "Best Profile Design", and "Most Creative" and "Best Selfies/Azure award" are all great suggestions and I do believe it would be great to see those categories be part of this year's GKAs. Some are debatable such as "Creepiest Member" and "Best Username Change" (because in the end it technically falls under Best Username and not everyone is going to remember every username change that has occurred within the year if any) just don't seem to have any positive connotation, at least in my eyes. I am seeing many suggestions that flat seem or sound rather trollish. The whole point of the GKAs is to bring the members of the forum in positive lights. I don't think anyone would like to win awards such as "Most Depressed" or "Member who has been banned the most times" as in-turn, the awards brings negative connotation. There are also suggestions that obviously cater to specific members, even with "Most Corrupt Staff Member" while an obvious jokeful suggestion, I believe those should not be part of the GKAs as well. An award is meant to show that a person has done something in a positive way to obtain said award. I don't think think anyone here would want to win the "Most Depressed" award because then that means they are known simply for their depression and in turn make them even more depressed because the rest of the forum will know that said person received that award.

I do want to apologize for "mini-modding" as it's called but the GKAs are meant to bring positive thoughts are it saddens me that there are a few people who are simply posting a suggestion that isn't worthy to be part of the GKAs. While I'm merely stating my thoughts on this on the matter, it's all up to the Event Staff on how they want to optimize the GKAs. As for my suggestions, I do have a few in mind. While there isn't a lot of tournaments going on at the moment, with games such as Smash 4 and Pokemon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire coming out later this year, I would like to suggest "Most Competitive/Best Competitor" for a possible category for next year's GKAs as I do believe that those who are willing to participate in tournaments should deserve a little something for bring a competitive spirit within the forums. For a Pokemon-based award, I would like to suggest the "Best Pokemon Analyzer" and those that made a thread with an in-depth look on a specific Pokemon should deserve credit for their hard work and time for creating such a thread. While it is true that no one hasn't played Darksiders in a year, at least to my knowledge, I'm rather indifferent about keeping the award. Granted I am going to buy Darksiders II later on this week, but I think it is unfair that I would probably be the only one who has played a Darksiders game this year so I don't think I qualify for that award unless say I played it back a few months prior.

I apologize for the lack of clarity in my previous post. It was poorly worded. What I meant was whether the category titles and descriptions should be replaced with more lighthearted alternatives. For example, Goblins suggested "Biggest Spammer", which could be a substitute for what is currently "Most Active". Do you guys support or oppose such a change?

There is actually a difference between being active and being a spammer. Member A could have made 100 posts in one week that were spread across many threads within the forum while Member B could have the same amount of posts that Member A did but only focused on a specific thread or Forum Games section of the forum. While both have the same amount of posts, I do think it's only fair to give "Most Active" award to the person who posted across the forums because it then means that they really were around the forums. There could be a "Biggest Spammer" award, but I think it would be hard to track of the members that posted the most and identify which posts were spam and which weren't.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
From what I am have been seeing, there are a lot of decent posts and suggestions that I think would be useful for either this year's GKAs or for sure next year. Categories such as "Best Quote Archive", "Best Musician", "Best Profile Design", and "Most Creative" and "Best Selfies/Azure award" are all great suggestions and I do believe it would be great to see those categories be part of this year's GKAs. Some are debatable such as "Creepiest Member" and "Best Username Change" (because in the end it technically falls under Best Username and not everyone is going to remember every username change that has occurred within the year if any) just don't seem to have any positive connotation, at least in my eyes.
Why do they have to have positive connotation? If people can take a joke, then they won't mind getting a negative award. If they can't, they can simply ask to be taken out of the running. That's just my opinion. The reason why the GKAs are there to show everyone in a positive light is because that's just how it is right now. There's no secret rule that makes it so this can't be changed. If the GKAs were always more lighthearted, then perhaps your opinion would be different.

Creepiest Member is probably a little too extreme, but stuff like biggest spammer or whatever is not that big of a deal.

There is actually a difference between being active and being a spammer. Member A could have made 100 posts in one week that were spread across many threads within the forum while Member B could have the same amount of posts that Member A did but only focused on a specific thread or Forum Games section of the forum. While both have the same amount of posts, I do think it's only fair to give "Most Active" award to the person who posted across the forums because it then means that they really were around the forums. There could be a "Biggest Spammer" award, but I think it would be hard to track of the members that posted the most and identify which posts were spam and which weren't.
It wouldn't be hard to track, because we are just going off of what we've seen. Spam is more about the fact that the messages are pointless rather than that there are many of them. Just a lot of stupid meaningless messages.

If you want to go off of specific statistics, then there shouldn't even be a Most Active award and it should just automatically go to the person who posted the most on the forum. But we are judging it based on who seems to be the most present, I presume.

Dan

- Best most favorable picture Uncle Eddie would like on the Picture thread.
- Best spambot
- Best Mases Worshipper
- Best Gobli Worhshipper

Seriously the most sane category would be one I would like to see since nearly everyone on this site seems to have rather... insane tendencies in some form or another.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think there's too many awards to be honest.

Stuff like Most Literate, Most Reputable, and Best Poster can pretty much all go together as a 'Best Poster' award. Most Helpful and Best Advice pretty much go hand in hand and could just merge together, I don't see why the person who gives the best advice would not automatically also be the most helpful. Most Charismatic, Most Cheerful, Best Company and Best Comic Relief could go together too as just Most Fun Member or something along those lines. Most Active and Most Involved, like the helpful one, seem to go together and don't really need to be 2 separate awards. Best Role-Player and Best Mafia Player could just become one.

Just think it could do with some stream-lining. But that's just me. :P And getting rid of some of the more redundant categories and merging together quite a lot of them would help include more unique, new ones, ones people are suggesting here. Cos adding anymore would just make it so cluttered, there's already so many...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom