• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2014 Golden Key Awards Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I honestly can't think of anything that would be worth adding; there's already enough in my eyes. However, take a look at Dan's awards thread, I'm sure he'd be willing to lend some of his categories if needed.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well, how about a Pokemon tournament award? For the best trainer. Oh wait, there has not been too many tournaments to nominate from the winners. Still, if this one passes, you could guide yourself from the tournament that was held not long ago.

Well, how about a Pokemon tournament award? For the best trainer. Oh wait, there has not been too many tournaments to nominate from the winners. Still, if this one passes, you could guide yourself from the tournament that was held not long ago.

I can definitely see another Pokémon-related award being added. It only makes sense, since there's now a Pokémon board.

Also, it'd be neat if there were something Competition-related, too. Perhaps an award for the most active participants or an award for those who've won the most medals or something. Perhaps the event could be used to usher in a new Hylian Knight; I haven't seen a new HK in a while.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Thanks for the category suggestions, everyone. If you think of anything else, post it here. This thread will remain open for a bit longer.

The final question I repose to you since few have responded to it thus far is whether or not the format of the GKAs needs changing. Currently the event has a nomination round where members suggest up to three people per category. Then, the event staff count up the votes and the three users with the most nominations are included in the final voting round where participants choose one nominee per category. The results are revealed on the anniversary of ZD's creation, August 19th.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have a suggestion!

The "Thanks For Trying" Category
The "Most Knowledgable in All of Gaming" Category

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Thank you for the category suggestions so far. Regarding categories, two other areas we want to look into is whether or not some categories should be removed as well as whether the event should remain serious as in the past or whether the GKAs should be more light spirited in nature considering this is a gaming forum after all. What are everyone's thoughts on the matter?

I do think the GKAs should be more lighthearted and silly. Last year, I legitimately thought "Most Knowledgeable in Darksiders" and "Best Debater" were satirical categories, and was surprised to see they weren't.

Also, a new category could be "Best Quote Archive".

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I do think the GKAs should be more lighthearted and silly. Last year, I legitimately thought "Most Knowledgeable in Darksiders" and "Best Debater" were satirical categories, and was surprised to see they weren't.

Also, a new category could be "Best Quote Archive".

Looking at the current awards, I think that would be a great idea :)

Perhaps something like "best spammer" or something :P

Perhaps cut down the number of awards. There seems to be a lot of them.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Most Intelligent
Most Creative Poster
Best Thread (awarded to the user who created the thread)
Gaming Debater and Mature Discussion Debater (split the category up maybe?)
Best User Named Justac00lguy (sorry stole this from Dan's awards, I hope he doesn't mind)

Also please get rid of the Darksiders award, literally no one plays it and it's significance to the DGN is obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom