• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Hmm, I've got to say, while I am mildly suspicious of Deku, we seem to be on similar wavelengths on these early reads. I view karu in a similar way; however, if we entertain the possibility that she is scum, I wondered about a possible connection to Johnny.

This post in particularly caused my wondering. He outlined very real possibilities emerging from her vote on myself, but the way he presented it led me to consider if he was also justifying her move? At the moment, I think this is unlikely, and also leans on the notion that karu is Mafia as I previously noted. Right now, I don't quite think karu is Mafia, but I can see where the concern lies.

Interesting. I think you've made a great find here. If they are connected it would also explain why Johnny was trying to divert attention to me. However, unless karu decides to play and give me her list at least for today, I'm definitely leaving toward her lynch. As much as I want her to get practice I just can't shake this feeling she might be newbie scum mostly keeping her head down and trying not to draw attention. It's just a feeling though. We still have a day or so to decide.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
karu - 2 (Moonstone, Storm)

Not voting - Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Johnny Sooshi, Tristan, karu, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go, Doc

With 11 players alive it takes 6 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, December 1st 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Moonstone

Alright, I've gone through again and nothing on anyone else really stood out to me other than Storm's little spat at the beginning of this day. Since nothing else really stood out I'm just going to go ahead and analyze Karu's posts in full since she is still currently my top lynch option. I would really like other's opinion on her. She's not playing how I would expect a new townie to play but I'm really not a veteran myself and I'm sure the rest of you have seen many more different types of newbie play at all.

I'm extremely new, so 1) what the heck is RNG? 2) ??? and 3) what the heck is going on?

Thanks Deku, that really helped :)
Very newbie posts. I think most new players who are unfamiliar with RNG in games would not know what it means here.

Randonly random choice of...

Vote: Libk
Joining in on what we just described. Nothing really special here.

So basically vote for the one that knows of nothing that's going on; wow everyone who voted for me, wow! I congratulate you :) no hard feelings peps
This was surprising to me. As a newbie town player I was more likely to panic and role claim or try to defend myself with very little ability to. Instead she got sarcastic and used the newbie excuse. I just felt that was an odd way to handle suspicion if she was a town member.

Vote: Mido
Here she goes inactive and then tries to sneak in a vote on Mido.

If karu is mafia, then Mido is probably town. Storm and Tristan also become more likely scum candidates in this case if we consider one of them asked karu to jump on with them and solidify a lynch. Of course if we're dealing with experienced scum it's also possible that none of the scum were on the vote but knew Mido was non-mafia and wanted to solidify his lynch anyway.

I'm thinking the former.

Also, @karu will you explain why you voted for Mido?
I'm suppose to explain as to why I voted for Mido? If so I've no reason and in future votings I will be more carefull as to who I choose to vote for. Sorry[/QUOTE]
Backtracks saying there was no reason. Johnny points out below how a scum bud could suggest it to her and maybe she hoped it would go unnoticed or at least unquestioned?

I think @Moonstone was wondering because Mido already has 2 votes on him and tbis makes 3. Not having a reason seems rather beginner-ish, but it's also fair to suspect that a more experienced scum teammate could suggest this play as a way to get a more solid vote on Mido.
I know last night I was seeing the connection between Johnny and karu, but now that I re-read it I really don't think so. I don't see why Johnny would say this if he and karu are both mafia. If they were, he could've explained this reasoning to her in their mafia chat. Bringing it out in the open connects them and, in my eyes, disconnects them at the same time. Unless of course Johnny said this to allow us to push his scum bud under the bus and come back the next day saying "I was thinking that on day 1" or something to clear himself.

Johnny is pretty experienced so IMO it could go either way, but I'm leaning more toward the two aren't connected and that Johnny is more likely town than karu.

I unvote Mido

Nah, I mean I unvote mido. My vote's still on Libk from Monday until I change my mind

Nah, I mean I unvote mido. My vote's still on Libk from Monday until I change my mind. Sorry to everyone on here I'm still extremely new after reading the beginner's guide
Again, backtracking and fixing her vote.

It was day one and there was random voting, it's not personal. I'm just lazy
Excuses. Hasn't really participated or tried to find connections. Again in my experience newbie town are more likely to grasp at straws and make incorrect assumptions about people. At least trying and getting it wrong produces conversation which more experienced players can dissect. Being standoffish just seems more like a newbie scum move to me.

I'm not voting yet cause I haven't read every single comment and I don't want to falsely accuse someone. I will vote when I've collected more data, plus school's keeping me crazy busy @Moonstone :) ...wuv u

Again, standoffish, gives no real meat to her post even if the assumptions are wrong. I get that she has school so that's not really surprising but again I would like to see something of her actual opinion and not giving her opinion is why I think she's scummy in the first place. At least a wrong opinion is still an opinion that we can gather evidence from.

Also trying to get on my good side with the wuv u.

Wuv u too, karu, but I want more of your thoughts on everyone so far. I don't care if it's rushed but I do want to know what you're really thinking.

karu

Panamaniac
Okay @Moonstone, I think I'm ready to make my accusations after reading through all the posts.

Even though you voted for me to get lynched, I'm extremely sure that you're town, and my suspicion lies on Mido. As many have stated before, he is usually mafia. Not only that, but since Johnny is trying to shift it one you, and I strongly believe your town, I also my my suspicions of him. Other than those two, everyone else, to me, is neutral.

I do apologize for being inactive, I want my first time playing this sort of game to leave a good impression. But I've got finals next week and my Dental teachers is giving us info overload.

So my suspicion lies on 1) Mido and 2) Johnny. Though I'm not sure of making a vote
Unvote
Vote: Mido

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I agree with your reasoning and perhaps the greenhorn should be put in the open
Vote: Karu
Do you have any reasons of your own to vote for Karu, or is your basis mainly what Moonstone said?
Here she goes inactive and then tries to sneak in a vote on Mido.

If karu is mafia, then Mido is probably town. Storm and Tristan also become more likely scum candidates in this case if we consider one of them asked karu to jump on with them and solidify a lynch. Of course if we're dealing with experienced scum it's also possible that none of the scum were on the vote but knew Mido was non-mafia and wanted to solidify his lynch anyway.

I'm thinking the former.
I'm slightly confused by what you're trying to say here. I don't recall either me nor Storm asking anybody to jump on lynches with us. If you're referring to our RVS votes on Mido, I have to make it a tradition to wave to Mido in every game ;)

Anyway, I was looking back and happened to notice this that I ignored initially:
if only Tristan was in the skype chat. I have about 10 Mojis with his name on it
What Skype chat? This could very well be meaningless, but I think this quote is important to keep in mind as a possible slip up. I'm not suspicious of Storm at this point, so this is mostly just for archiving purposes if some other evidence ever presents itself.

I like how analytical you are @Moonstone, you're doing more scumhunting than anybody else here. However, I disagree with you on Karu. I read her posts as a newbie trying not to look scared. I'm not completely discounting the possibility of her being newbie scum, but I stand neutral at this point, since her posts could go either way.

Now while my Day 1 vote on Mido was completely RVS, there's something about his recent posts that have me on edge, but it's not very strong. I have to go to class soon but I'm gonna look into his posts more later today and report back after.

Moonstone

Sorry it's hard to quote on phone and have it format properly.

Obviously you or Storm haven't asked karu in game to jump on with you but you could've in mafia chat.

I appreciate that karu got back to us. I'll leave her alone for now.

But Tristan I was already a little suspicious of you and now I'm more so.

I'll change my vote when I get home from work. I'm between Tristan, Doc, and Vergo, leaning more Tristan.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Do you have any reasons of your own to vote for Karu, or is your basis mainly what Moonstone said?

What Skype chat? This could very well be meaningless, but I think this quote is important to keep in mind as a possible slip up. I'm not suspicious of Storm at this point, so this is mostly just for archiving purposes if some other evidence ever presents itself.

Sometimes 1 vote isnt enough to get an answer out of someone. Sometimes you need to keep piling votes til L-1 so theyll talk

And the ZDI Mafia Lobby: whuch you leave the second we add you. Mainly due to me liking the Mojis: those funny movie clips used to show emotion

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And the ZDI Mafia Lobby: whuch you leave the second we add you. Mainly due to me liking the Mojis: those funny movie clips used to show emotion
Literally the only person

I'm not feeling confident on the reasoning against Tristan. That's something that may be supported with a Mido flip, but as we stand there's next to no evidence to support this. At this poitn if I had to choose between lynching him and Karu I'd go for Kar, since I do understand where you're coming from there.
And may I ask @Moonstone why do you consider voting for Tristan but not Storm? If that's all your reasoning for him then you said yourself that Storm could've done the exact same thing.

Moonstone

Only reason I'm on Tristan instead of Storm right now is due to the defense of karu who I'm leaning a bit scum but giving her a chance since she did meet my request in addition to his odd comment about not telling her to jump on the vote which I went over last post.

That said Storm has thrown his scum buds under the bus so he's not clear with me.

Storm

:dealwithit:
And im just as in the dark. Im looking at my usual six suspects.
Tristan- is Tristan. Hard to read, been at this a while. Can trust til he stabs you in the back
Deku-cloudy and foggy as always. Hes been busy so slack is given
Libk-congrats on the promotion
Mido- Of course. He comes up mafia a lot
Pendio-cant be too hasty but looking out
Viral Maze- i know hes not playing but you never know

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Focusing on the same six people can make you good at reading those six, but the scum isn't always among them. Plus, you didn't actually give reads. Just your thoughts of the player in general. Have you done much looking at other players or actual reading of us 6?

Storm

Was looking at DNF and Moony day 1. Trying to read Karu. Not much to go on. Look at 6 players in a 13 player game, there could be at least 1 Scum. It could be somebody they dont mention. Process of Elimination could be anyone. I know im hard to read because im all over the board. I can feel Tristans gears spinning. I want to know his Modus Operendi. I do admire his effort

Moonstone

Well as much as I hate to go back on my word I'm going to have to leave my vote on karu. Really for me Storm or Tristan being a part of the mafia hinges on karu's flip and as much as I would like her to get to keep playing it doesn't make sense to vote for someone based on what I'm assuming karu is.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Obviously you or Storm haven't asked karu in game to jump on with you but you could've in mafia chat.
Ah, that's what you meant. Just got confused by the wording.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced about Karu, but we do need a lynch, so I guess I can say I support it. My only other real suspicion currently is on Mido and that's not enough to warrant a vote. We have until tomorrow afternoon though so there's still lots of time. I might not be able to post again tonight but I'll try to. I might consider voting for Karu if it comes to it, but I'll refrain for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom