• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
From what I've seen, your posts always seem pretty analytical of small details, which is great and could prove useful. But maybe it's because I'm not used to everyone's play-styles yet, that I don't find day 1 posts too incriminating or anything. True about looking more closely into how people voted after the flip though.
However, it seems like Din.Farore.Nayru. has been completely inactive and may be mod killed, so we could just vote them so we don't have two potential townies killed after night 1.

Wonderful! Thank you. This kind of discussion is exactly what I'm going for. I was thinking similarly myself and was tossing up between voting for either your or Din.Farore.Nayru tomorrow after giving people some time to react to what I said and adjusting accordingly.

Making jokes at my expense?! :kawaii: Reported. ;)

Oh jeez remind me not to piss off a mod in a mafia game, lol!

Interesting. Just out of curiousity, what makes you think that Johnny is scum? Is the reasoning primarily linked to my post about him, linking he and myself together in an alignment potentially?

That's really all, yeah. The linking of your comment about him, and the vote against him by Minish. Like I said, it was my crazy hat.

Also, @karu will you explain why you voted for Mido?

Moonstone

EBWODP? I'm off to work folks. I think this was a very productive morning. Please keep it up in my absence!

karu

Panamaniac
Also, @karu will you explain why you voted for Mido?[/QUOTE]
I'm suppose to explain as to why I voted for Mido? If so I've no reason and in future votings I will be more carefull as to who I choose to vote for. Sorry

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Minish_Link hasn't stood out to me quite yet, but as I type this, I notice her more cautious approach to the lynch proceedings. Her intent does seem to be in the right place at first glace, though. Ultimately, I like your assessment of her post on that.

I sort of like this approach, but only as a last resort. I agree that a policy lynch on Din would help the town out in a numbers' game if he is going to be modkilled, but I would prefer we take a look at those who are talking at the moment since the chances of Din being town or scum from our perspectives are absolutely at random since he has not made his presence known.

Maybe I am being a little too cautious when it comes to the lynch? I'm not against doing a day 1 lynch, but I think that it doesn't hurt to be somewhat cautious of it. If we're wrong and lynch a townie it'll put us down 2 helpful roles going into day 2 instead of doing no lynch and just being down 1 townie. Now that serious discussion is picking up a bit more, maybe something suspicious will stick out as a potential lead, in which case I'd be more comfortable with a lynch.

I do agree that lynching Din should be a last resort. I don't want to end the day early with a lynch like that since we could really use all the discussion time we have left. It'll also give him time to defend himself if he does happen to join the game.

Mido

Version 1
That's really all, yeah. The linking of your comment about him, and the vote against him by Minish. Like I said, it was my crazy hat.

Fair enough. Honestly, it's better to don a crazy hat at this point than no hat at all!

Maybe I am being a little too cautious when it comes to the lynch? I'm not against doing a day 1 lynch, but I think that it doesn't hurt to be somewhat cautious of it. If we're wrong and lynch a townie it'll put us down 2 helpful roles going into day 2 instead of doing no lynch and just being down 1 townie. Now that serious discussion is picking up a bit more, maybe something suspicious will stick out as a potential lead, in which case I'd be more comfortable with a lynch.

I do agree that lynching Din should be a last resort. I don't want to end the day early with a lynch like that since we could really use all the discussion time we have left. It'll also give him time to defend himself if he does happen to join the game.

I can understand your caution, but at the very least, I like that you've offered alternatives in the case of a lynch, so in spite of said caution, you do appear to be decisive which is good. I'm getting a good vibe from you here.

As far as the rest of things go, the only town read in my vision is Moonstone. It's not entirely strong given the short time the game's been running, but lo, it's the only one I've got so far.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
"karu, post: 1063796, member: 83771"]I'm suppose to explain as to why I voted for Mido? If so I've no reason and in future votings I will be more carefull as to who I choose to vote for. Sorry

I think @Moonstone was wondering because Mido already has 2 votes on him and tbis makes 3. Not having a reason seems rather beginner-ish, but it's also fair to suspect that a more experienced scum teammate could suggest this play as a way to get a more solid vote on Mido.

Pen

The game is on!
Vote: Mido

I'm gonna need you to unvote your old vote if you wanna place a new one. ;)

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
karu - 1 (Mido)
Toxic_Snowman - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
Ver-go-a-go-go - 1 (Doc)
Libk - 1 (karu)
Storm - 1 (Ver-go-a-go-go)
DekuNut - 1 (Libk)
Mido - 1 (Storm)
Random Number Generator - 1 (Toxic_Snowman)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (Minish_Link)
Tristan - 1 (Moonstone)
Pendio - 2 (DekuNut, Tristan)

Not voting - Din.Farore.Nayru

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, November 24th 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

Moonstone

[QUOTE="karu]
I'm suppose to explain as to why I voted for Mido? If so I've no reason and in future votings I will be more carefull as to who I choose to vote for. Sorry[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily but voting without a reason usually is kind of suspicious. I know you're new so I'm not holding it against you but I did want to point it out and ask.

Moonstone

Ebwodp : also I know I'm going to get jumped on but when I said I wouldn't hold it against Karu it didn't mean I didn't still think it was suspicious and that she gets a pass for being new. I just know I've done the same in a town position when I first started.

Pro tip : don't play at work because in this game everything and anything you say can aND will be used against you. try not to rush.

Ok now I'm going to avoid the temptation of coming back even though we're show au work. toodles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom