• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think the hate for the Wii U is warranted?

Do you think the hate for the Wii U is warranted?

• Yes

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
It's one thing to dislike what the console did in terms of hardware, and to criticise in terms of sales. It's weak compared to the competition, lacks a lot of features that are industry standards, etc..

That aside, people who don't like the Wii U (1) never owned one and are just hating on it because it's cool (2) don't like games.

To criticise the Wii U for rehashes and to own an XBO is probably one of the most idiotic arguments one can make.

"Your console's rehashes aren't as good as mine," is what you should be saying.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
You mention Sm4sh 3DS as a basis for Sm4sh Wuu, but they were released the same day. It's the same game.
1.im fairly certain me going w/ my friends at target at nightime to get the 3ds version and going to gamestop for the wii u version during the day w/ another group of friends happened in different days (both launch days)
2.you're right about the same game part, so in a way you can sorta excuse it; however it still feels like a brawl 2.0...or 3.0; whereas brawl had its own feel from melee

As for the Mario argument, IMO, that's a problem with the Mario franchise as a whole, since many of them aren't very dissimilar. And honestly, same with Smash. You can't fault Wuu for that.
I can't ague the others because I don't know enough about their games/series to make an argument.
mario started to head that route during the late wii,but instead of rectifying that,wii u made it worse

Now, let's look at the Wii. Home to Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Golden Eye 007, Mario Power Tennis, New Motion Control! Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and others. The Wuu isn't exactly the only console ever to have remakes or rehashes.
.....what?
here's what i noticed,when people bring up good wii games,they can often mention over a dozen of original titles; w/ wii u lists,wind waker was almost always among the first five they bring up, not a whole lot stands out it seems
and obviously it isn't,though it's more of an issue w/ this generation than just the wii u
Or maybe you should talk about how horrible the 3DS library is, what with Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D... honestly, the 3DS is worse than the Wii U in that case.
difference w/ the 3ds is there's a plethora of other more original games in it's library, not so much w/ the wii u [but yes,there are a noticeable amount of remakes on 3ds]
also i don't know if this is a good point or not,but handhelds seem to be a bit null when it comes to ports of older games; such as the gba and the mario advance series,link to the past,nightmare in dreamland,pokemon fire red,dk country trilogy,final fantasy 1 - 6,etc.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
1.im fairly certain me going w/ my friends at target at nightime to get the 3ds version and going to gamestop for the wii u version during the day w/ another group of friends happened in different days (both launch days)
I looked into it. Google lied to me. You're right

[QUOTE[2.you're right about the same game part, so in a way you can sorta excuse it; however it still feels like a brawl 2.0...or 3.0; whereas brawl had its own feel from melee[/QUOTE]
:coolhecks:

mario started to head that route during the late wii,but instead of rectifying that,wii u made it worse
True, but once again that's a problem with the company, not with the system. Even if they were still using the Wii, or we were onto the NX already, I doubt Mario would be seeing variation again

.....what?
here's what i noticed,when people bring up good wii games,they can often mention over a dozen of original titles; w/ wii u lists,wind waker was almost always among the first five they bring up, not a whole lot stands out it seems
and obviously it isn't,though it's more of an issue w/ this generation than just the wii u
Ocarina was, like, the one game I bought on e-shop so I named it. Prime was released for GC in 2002, and re-released for Wii in 2009 in a more official port.

difference w/ the 3ds is there's a plethora of other more original games in it's library, not so much w/ the wii u [but yes,there are a noticeable amount of remakes on 3ds]
That is true, yeah

also i don't know if this is a good point or not,but handhelds seem to be a bit null when it comes to ports of older games; such as the gba and the mario advance series,link to the past,nightmare in dreamland,pokemon fire red,dk country trilogy,final fantasy 1 - 6,etc.
I honestly don't know either, so I'm just gonna let that sit there.

Overall, I'm not saying that these problems don't exist. I guess I just put less stake on them than you do.

Honestly I find the Wii U to be an exceptional system. It's main menu is interesting and easy to use, I like Miiverse, it runs more smoothly than the other current gen systems in terms of bugs, freezing, and how it handles downloads and updates, and the applications that I use on it like Crunchyroll and Netflix have more intuitive and user friendly interfaces than their Xbone or POS 4 counterparts. It's the shallow, stagnant library of games that are the Wii U's problem.

Hey forum dwellers recently I was browsing the forum. I've seen plenty of people attacking the Wii U but one particular user is holding back on his hate for the system. I've never seen such a barbaric display of hatred in my time here on the forum.

This user... calls the Wii U... the ... well I'll put it in a spoiler tag as it's rather bit harsh.

"Wii Poo"

So I'm bi-curious does the Wii U deserve the hate? Will it always be seen as a terrible system like the Mega CD, 32X, Virtual Boy, and Gamecube?
@Dan , thank you for not putting any offtopic garbage in this topic. I appreciate it.

The WiiU will always be hated because it's not what a certain portion of the public wanted it to be. On the other hand, what the WiiU is, is a very good console. Well in terms of the game output. Just took a while to get there. The WiiU is not bad, like the PS3 was not bad. Both consoles had critical flaws and were marketed horribly, but by the end they did both have some decent games. It's a very polarising console. Either you will hate it or you will really like it, no inbetween.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

@Dan , thank you for not putting any offtopic garbage in this topic. I appreciate it.

The WiiU will always be hated because it's not what a certain portion of the public wanted it to be. On the other hand, what the WiiU is, is a very good console. Well in terms of the game output. Just took a while to get there. The WiiU is not bad, like the PS3 was not bad. Both consoles had critical flaws and were marketed horribly, but by the end they did both have some decent games. It's a very polarising console. Either you will hate it or you will really like it, no inbetween.

No problem, I guess a lot of other users have been posting off-topic garbage which is what prompted your reply. Hah... good thing I've never posted off-topic garbage... heh... heh... heh...

No problem, I guess a lot of other users have been posting off-topic garbage which is what prompted your reply. Hah... good thing I've never posted off-topic garbage... heh... heh... heh...
Well played, and I'll leave it at that . . . for now.

Hate for the Wii U itself is unwarranted, it's not that bad console at all. However, in terms of software, I sort of understand where the hate is coming from.

Out of all the Wii U Games I have, only 4 of them actually stand out to me as being unique, whereas the others are reminiscent of Nintendo's games on the 3DS. despite how fun the games were, there wasn't many unique games for the system, which I believe is what has lead the Wii U to get the reputation it has now.

The Wii U is not a bad console by any means, it's just Nintendo failed to unleash the system's true potential with unique and exciting software. The console is not a complete failure, but it could of been utilized better.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's absolutely warranted. thing has no games, it's basically a space heater, just slightly better than the XO and PS4.

Reactions: Dan
To be honest, I think most of it is fanboyism. If Nintendo isn't "winning", then it's OMG FAILURE WORLD IS ENDING LOLOLOLOLOL!

It's really stupid IMO. Nintendo's business model is "Screw what everyone else is doing as long as we make money." Buying another system doesn't prevent purchase of theirs, and I think Nintendo is better about recognizing that than other companies for a variety of reasons. My WiiU is connected through my Xbox One by means of an HDMI switch and an HDMI detective.

Was it as popular as it could have been? Probably not. If there was a major failing on Nintendo's part, it was the lack of launch titles, especially 1st party ones. That said, none of the systems launched with memorable launch titles this time around, so I can forgive them that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's absolutely warranted. thing has no games, it's basically a space heater, just slightly better than the XO and PS4.
It is weak and doesn't even play blu ray and DVD's. As a machine it is vastly inferior to the XO and PS4, not slightly better at all. I don't get why anyone would defend it as a good console. It isn't. Not for this gen. Had it released instead of the Wii it would have been a good console, but things didn't pan out like that. It released at the end of the PS3's life whilst being only slightly more powerful and lacking the appeal of being an all round multimedia player.

It is weak and doesn't even play blu ray and DVD's. As a machine it is vastly inferior to the XO and PS4, not slightly better at all. I don't get why anyone would defend it as a good console. It isn't. Not for this gen. Had it released instead of the Wii it would have been a good console, but things didn't pan out like that. It released at the end of the PS3's life whilst being only slightly more powerful and lacking the appeal of being an all round multimedia player.

Nintendo consoles are not multimedia machines, they are video games consoles. The Wii U was made to play games not DVDs, I find it very irritating when people use that as a way to undermine the Wii U when it was never built for that purpose.

PlayStation and Xbox consoles will always be superior to Nintendo consoles hardware wise because they do more than play video games, they need that extra tech to perform the other tasks it has. The fact that the Wii U uses inferior hardware yet still produces spectacular visuals actually does make it good for what it is: a dedicated video games console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom