• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zoras: Then, and Now.

Hello to everyone,

First off thank you for taking the time to read this thread. As a longtime (19 year) Zelda vet, I've been honored to see the series become what it is today. And through all my countless hours logged into Hyrule, perhaps no other race has been more intriguing to me then the Zora. From being blue and red faces making surf noises as they shoot fireballs at you in LoZ, to King Zora there are alot of interesting things to take into account. According to the timeline Zora would be first introduced in OoT. (playing SS, haven't seen em yet. Don't confirm please) in OoT the Zora were benign allies to Link. In MM we are again introduced to the super cool Zora. This is where my timeline knowledge breaks up, but in games later in the timeline, Zoras are trying to kill us! OoS/OoA, LoZ, Alttp, etc, etc. in theory why would this be? Was there some reason Zoras came to hate Link, running around in his green attire? Did they perhaps succumb to evil? I've always been curious about this. I understand from the literal sense, they were our water based enemies, sent to annoy us, but then Nintendo shows us the Zora we now know. It just begs the question? Why do Zoras hate us?

Which title is OoX an acronym for? Oracle of ___? I am playing seasons for the time being, alongside SS. And if they do point out that those monsters are not Zora, I can dispute this with fact. In LoZ, Alttp, maybe a few others, the beastys appearing as faces in the water are clearly identified as Zora. So when did Link piss them off? When did they succumb to evil?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Actually in OoX (Which is an abbreviation for both OoS and OoA together) there are both types of Zora. River (enemy) zora in both and Sea (friendly) zora in OoA. There is also the king? zora in ALttP who gives you his flippers, and a friendly zora (that looks like the enemy kind) in LA. I've pretty much decided that the two are different species at this point, because I can't see why a species would decide to primativise itself, nor why the goddesses would try to do so.

they might well be a different species but they could also be the same species! a whole race doesnt have to be united or have a collective conciousness! maybe a group of zoras break away and become enemies of hyrule! its just speculation and there's not much evidence I can use to back it up but it is a possibility....

Believe they are 2 different species, think it was established in one of the Oracle games. Also PH and ST have them as Geozards.

E

essegura92

But remember that in hyrule the zoras came from a river and are good. But in majora's mask the zoras are from the sea and are good too.

The official name of the OoT zoras is Sea Zoras, ( Even though they come from a river :\ ) The name of the enemy zoras is River Zoras.
Hoped this helped.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Very good question. Most of the games you listed (OoX, LttP, LoZ, etc.) are placed in the downfall timeline where the hero of time failed and ganon won, maybe that has something to do with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom