• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild ZeldaU May Not Have Multiplayer

Sorry, Miiverse is not multiplayer. It may be conversing with other people online, but to me multiplayer means playing a game together with someone else.

I don't need traditional multiplayer, however, I'd like to see Nintendo try harder than that for Zelda Wii U. At least include a dungeon creator and sharer.

Big Octo

=^)
Eh, well, to be honest, I don't care too much. I don't expect thus game to be another Four Swords title, so I also don't expect multiplayer. Also, I'm really not to keen on that Miiverse integration, as it could get real annoying real fast, unless it's able to be turned off. All I want is a great single player experience anyway. I have other games to play for multiplayer enjoyment. As it stands, I want to play Zelda U in solitude. No Miiverse, nothing like that. Just good 'ol Zelda.

I'm fine with this. Nintendo needs all the development time to work on the single player experience (3D Zelda games are massive after all). It's best to leave multiplayer modes to the handheld titles, like they did with the DS games.

At least include a dungeon creator and sharer.

As fun as that sounds, I think a Zelda game would have to created from the ground up with something of that scale in mind like for it to be for it to viable, Zelda dungeons are way too intricate and complex. Whatever development tools Nintendo uses to craft its dungeons are surely not user-friendly, so they can't just include those. It would have to be something like LittleBigPlanet, where user-creation is a central part of the game's identity.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Sorry, Miiverse is not multiplayer. It may be conversing with other people online, but to me multiplayer means playing a game together with someone else.

I don't need traditional multiplayer, however, I'd like to see Nintendo try harder than that for Zelda Wii U. At least include a dungeon creator and sharer.
Funny thing about that, that concept was originally going to be in the nes loz.

I'm not hugely surprised. I do think Nintendo is missing out on one heck of an opportunity by opting out of multiplayer functions, however. I've mentioned the possibilities before, but Zelda's formula and gameplay lends itself hugely to all kinds of multiplayer scenarios. I hope to see such scenarios in the future eventually; perhaps Zelda is "meant to be played alone," but that does not mean it's the only way to play Zelda.

I like the idea of Tingle Bottles and whatnot, and I've mentioned the idea of leaving marks or clues for other players to find, which is sort of similar to this. My concern so far is that you'll either get complete freedom to write what you want (expect lots of innuendo) or the infamous Pokemon approach of giving you a small handful of irrelevant words to choose from. Even then, what would I want to write and send to other players? Suppose the game really is filled with a ton of secrets and hidden items. Would I really rely on other people to tell me where those things are? Would I even want them to? In fact, it seems to me the best use of the Tingle Bottle would be in supplement to actual multiplayer: "I've left a surprise for you in the cave next to the big waterfall. Not telling what it is, but you might want to come heavily armed." Follow the directions, kill the baddies, and bam, find a treasure hoard left by a generous player (perhaps in exchange for some sort of accumulative point system). But this relies on actual multiplayer implications and not just random messages lying around. I look forward to where Nintendo goes with this from here, which hopefully includes genuine multiplayer at some point.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The only way I can see multiplayer happening is the Rare approach back in N64 where you had 1 player games like DK and BT that had a side multiplayer game. I dunno why more games don't do that...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
And here I was, hoping for a 3D Four Swords game :/
Oh well, can't please everybody.

The lack of Multiplayer is not really an issue to me. Zelda has always been known as a single player adventure, albeit with two co-op games, and I do not think that will change. I was not expecting multiplayer in this game, even though I was hoping for it. So, this news does not surprise me at all.

Clank

Hmm
I don't really want a multiplayer Zelda game, as I am afraid that they would turn it into a All 4 One mess pretty quickly(don't get me wrong, All 4 One was great, but it had several major flaws in it)

So, yeah I really don't want a Multiplayer Zelda Game, however I wouldn't mind a multiplayer mode that was unrelated to the main game, such as one player is Gannon, and the others try to kill him, and the one that kills him becomes Gannon.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I would love to see true multiplayer in a Zelda game, really. It'd be really interesting to see exactly how Nintendo wold handle it. Could imagine it getting very crazy.

A lot of people automatically see MP and say "No." which is a shame. I don't know why this generation of gamers in particular seem to dislike more content. If multiplayer doesn't take away from the SP, there's little to no reason why a talented studio can't put it in, and it could produce something genuinely very fun, like I thought Assassins Creed's multiplayer was pretty damn brilliant. And it gives more time for a studio to creatively think up brand new ideas for gamers to do. New Super Mario Bros. had absolutely amazing multiplayer. Playing it with friends was the most fun thing ever!

So, I would have liked Nintendo to do it but I'm really not expecting it at all. They probably don't want to keep Zelda U in development any longer, too. It ain't cheap and they'll want to get it out as soon as possible.

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
I'm glad. If you want to play a multiplayer game, there are billions online. Zelda has always been a solo game, with the exceptions of FS and FSA. If it was multiplayer, i'm not sure i would buy it.

Salem

SICK
The only way I can see multiplayer happening is the Rare approach back in N64 where you had 1 player games like DK and BT that had a side multiplayer game. I dunno why more games don't do that...
That's ecaxtly what I have in mind for a great multiplayer option in Zelda.

And here I was, hoping for a 3D Four Swords game :/
Oh well, can't please everybody.
Me too.:(

I'm glad. If you want to play a multiplayer game, there are billions online. Zelda has always been a solo game, with the exceptions of FS and FSA. If it was multiplayer, i'm not sure i would buy it.
I don't know, maybe for the single-player campaign?

Yay, stagnation!

It's what they've always done, so therefore they should do it again. When they were making Ocarina of Time, imagine if they said "Zelda has always been from a top down perspective, therefore we should just make this one topdown too." When they were making Majora's Mask, imagine if they said "we've always been light-hearted, so lets stay away from the dark stuff." Tradition for the sake of tradition. Always a good plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom