• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zeldathon 4 Charity

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Hey everyone! MS13 here with a bit of a huge announcement.

Due to the recent tsunami in Japan, me and my friends are going to raise money for Red Cross to help everyone out. The reason I'm posting it here, is because the fundraiser is going to be a Live Zelda Marathon. Me and my friends are going to play through as many Zelda Games as possible to raise money. We hope to team up with a company to make a deal: For every viewer who watches, 1 dollar is added to the money donated to Red Cross. Hopefully, we can also add so that each game we complete will add even more money to the total.

We hope to stream this on Ustream if everything works out, and updates will be posted on the site through the link below. I'm hoping we'll get a ton of support from people here on Zelda Dungeon, in hope that we can raise money to help those who don't have much hope right now.

I'm hoping we can raise at least $100 for Red Cross, but not all details are known yet. I hope to get positive feedback about Zeldathon, and I hope that a lot of people here will be able to help out.

Details will be posted here in the thread, and at this link: www.zeldathon4charity.weebly.com

Thanks everyone who helps out!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
If anyone would be so kind as to post which games they want to see the most, it'd help the Zeldathon Team a BUNCH.
We plan on playing all of the official games with the exceptions of Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. Yes, Oracle of Ages/Seasons are planned to be part of the zelda marathon. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and the Zeldathon Team will be happy to answer any questions you have!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Awesome! I love things like this! Good job MS :)

Thanks, Arkvoodle! I'm glad some people like the idea!

As a message to everyone, remember that updates will be posted not only in this thread, but on the Zeldathon 4 Charity site, posted at the beginning of the thread! Work is constantly being done to promote Z4C, so stay tuned for more information!

I'd love to hepl you raise money! I would even love to actually take part in the Zeldathon, too... but I don't have enough games for that. :sweat:

Oh, but I'll definitely do my best to follow you and your friends' progress. It's Zelda for a good cause--what can I say... it's a great thing to do. Now... I'm going to say that you should donate two more dollars for each reply of a Zelda-Dungeonian agreeing to follow, so right now with Azure Sage, Arkvoodle and myself, you should give six additional dollars. But, that's just my opinion. You know, to help raise money. :P

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'd love to hepl you raise money! I would even love to actually take part in the Zeldathon, too... but I don't have enough games for that. :sweat:

Oh, but I'll definitely do my best to follow you and your friends' progress. It's Zelda for a good cause--what can I say... it's a great thing to do. Now... I'm going to say that you should donate two more dollars for each reply of a Zelda-Dungeonian agreeing to follow, so right now with Azure Sage, Arkvoodle and myself, you should give six additional dollars. But, that's just my opinion. You know, to help raise money. :P

Great idea, but we're still working with companies to find who'd sponsor us. And you don't need many games to be part of Z4C! We mostly have all the games, and the only one(s) we still need to confirm are MC. We might do the Four Swords games, but we still need a few supplies for the Gameboy and the games in general. I'm glad you're supporting Zeldathon!

Remember everyone, the Zeldathon Team needs the games that everyone wants us most to play!

Remember everyone, the Zeldathon Team needs the games that everyone wants us most to play!

Most to play?
Hmm... I'd say, personally, you should definitely start with the classic ones. ^^ You know... the good ole' NES and N64 games. But I kind of also feel you should include A Link to the Past in your list somewhere. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess might be good to use as well. I can't really say too much about the Oracle games or Link's Awakening, because I have yet to play them... same with Minish Cap.

So, on your site, for the live event recordings, are you actually going to record you and your friends playing the games, or just the screen or something? I'm just curious because I like being curious... :/ Oh, but another curiosity question... are you doing 100% runs or just quick-completes? I'm sorry if my questions sound silly, but I don't watch Zeldathons all that often... usually because I forget to watch the stream of it because of timezone issues. :/

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
Beating as many Zelda games as you can? I've saw something like this before... Anyways, I see your good purpose and intents, I guess you should begin from the original LoZ until ST, but I think that it would be more interesting if you beat all 13 Zelda games (except SS, of course) as FAST as you can (and with no deaths), so it would be a harder challenge and it'd catch more people's attention.

Nah, I'm just saying, too much pressure would ruin your project, so the decision is up to you.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
If your having problems getting some of the older games you could use emulation. But this sounds like a great idea!

I have the first three games on VC on my Wii. LA we are going to do by emulation, OoT, MM, and OoT Master Quest are covered and will be played on the Wii, Oracle games we're looking into, along with MC. As for 100% runs, I'd love to do at least one. But because we're trying to do the most amount of games for more money to donate, I think most of them will be quick play-throughs.
As for us playing the games, or just the screens, I think it'll be us playing the games because it'll be easier to record that way. We're still not sure, though. I haves the bestest grammers you is evers seened!

Jedizora

:right:
I Know I'm tuning in. I won't be able to particapate, but I'll tune in on as many compuers as possible to raise more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom