• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda's Harp/Lyre?

Is using Wii Motion-Plus to play the Harp a good idea?

• Yes, it sounds very fun!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's something I could live with

• Not really on my Wish List. . .

• No, I don't like it. . .

• Total voters

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I was reading through the newest post on the ZD front page, the one with the picture of SwS Zelda. All of the new info is extrordinary. But what really got me stoked was the Harp. . . More than likely the same one Sheik uses, as stated in there if you click "Read More"

- Link will use Zelda’s harp to find something important
- playing the harp involves strums and the MotionPlus, and is based on the rhythm of strumming

These two quotes are very interesting. Playing song to the rhythm, and not the pitch like in OoT, MM, or ST. But more like TP, with the howling stones. So, how will we learn these new Melodies? And what are the new Melodies? Are they even new, or have we heard them before? What do you think of finally playing the harp, but with Wii Motion-Plus? Is it a good idea? Does this possibly mean that we will get a definite glimpse of the beging of the most awsome species ((in my opinion) the Sheikah? What is the 'Important' item/person/thingy? And how will it help the plot, and the game?

Disscus!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know for sure (I doubt anyone outside of Nintendo knows), but I hope that a person will appear to teach Link every song in the game. I didn't much like how you learned songs in ST, with various Lokomo(s?) instead of one core. The new melodies will pertain to SS I'm sure of that, and I hope oldies like Zelda's Lullaby or maybe even Return of Calmness (a song in TP, I think I got the title wrong) make a reappearance.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I don't know for sure (I doubt anyone outside of Nintendo knows), but I hope that a person will appear to teach Link every song in the game. I didn't much like how you learned songs in ST, with various Lokomo(s?) instead of one core. The new melodies will pertain to SS I'm sure of that, and I hope oldies like Zelda's Lullaby or maybe even Return of Calmness (a song in TP, I think I got the title wrong) make a reappearance.
Ah, so you mean like Sheik did? Yeah, it got kinda anoying that she popped up everywhere at the most precise moment you need her. . . I'm kinda hopping for the TP version of Seranade of Water, or rather Queen Rutela's theme.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think this is gonna be a very interesting and fun way to play an instrument in the Zelda series. Continuing on that, I'm actually surprised that there is an instrument in the game. I really didn't expect Nintendo to bring it back to the console games any time soon, and I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. But I'm sure it will work just fine. (And I'm quite certain the harp will be passed down through each generation until OoT, in which Sheik will use it.)

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I wonder if we'll see Sheik obtaining it, like a vision of the future or something. They did that in Harry Potter part 2. . . .

so far it sounds similar to the baton in WW. maybe more challenging? well, we won't know for sure until they tell us more!

Last edited:

IHNo

The Other Side
I figured the harp would be our main musical instrument, so none of this surprises me. And I'd say that I'd have a soupload of fun playing it, but the whole "based on the rhythm of strumming" (with WiiMotionPlus) thing isn't going to sit over well with me. I'm terribly clumsy and have no rhythm whatsoever, so unless Nintendo dumbs it down to the point that even a baby could play it, let's just say I won't be strumming up songs anytime soon. But it's something I will live with. No other choice, really.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Cool! So instead of just playing all the notes you need quickly like in Ocarina of Time, we have to have the rythm down :D

skybird11

state alchemist
they stated songs are based on rhythem. i think the lyre will be monotonus(one tone) in this case meaning songs are based on strumming at the right time. i think i got that right.? so im a bit skeptical on the lyre

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
they stated songs are based on rhythem. i think the lyre will be monotonus(one tone) in this case meaning songs are based on strumming at the right time. i think i got that right.? so im a bit skeptical on the lyre

Uh, why would there be only one specific note? I've said this before, and i'll say it again. Music is what fills in the Zelda series, the final peice to the large puzzle. Although this is the first time Nintendo is using rhythm in addition to playing the correct notes. It was almost the same In Twilight Princess, because you had to hold certain notes for different amounts of time, but in Skyward Sword. . . Hopefully it'll be more fun and challenging to do it this. Nintendo has received criticism saying that playing some of the Zelda games is just too easy. That's where Wii Motion-Plus comes in, you have to come up with a strategy to. . .Ugh, just read the news on the main page. It's there for a reason!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Uh, why would there be only one specific note? I've said this before, and i'll say it again. Music is what fills in the Zelda series, the final peice to the large puzzle. Although this is the first time Nintendo is using rhythm in addition to playing the correct notes. It was almost the same In Twilight Princess, because you had to hold certain notes for different amounts of time, but in Skyward Sword. . . Hopefully it'll be more fun and challenging to do it this. Nintendo has received criticism saying that playing some of the Zelda games is just too easy. That's where Wii Motion-Plus comes in, you have to come up with a strategy to. . .Ugh, just read the news on the main page. It's there for a reason!

I'm assuming we'll be strumming cords in time.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
In an earlier post I guessed that it would be the harp, just because I like OoA so much, I was thinking about the Harp of Ages though and at the time I never considered the harp Sheik uses. Either way I'm sure it will sound great, and I agree that it could be more difficult than the ocarina was, maybe the songs are three notes instead of the standard six note ocarina song. To keep it simple in that way but they would still require a well timed motion with the will mote. It shouldn't be too hard to pull off, the Siren World sounds like a place we will visit often throughout the game, which mean travel between Link's World and the Siren World should be easy to achieve.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
In an earlier post I guessed that it would be the harp, just because I like OoA so much, I was thinking about the Harp of Ages though and at the time I never considered the harp Sheik uses. Either way I'm sure it will sound great, and I agree that it could be more difficult than the ocarina was, maybe the songs are three notes instead of the standard six note ocarina song. To keep it simple in that way but they would still require a well timed motion with the will mote. It shouldn't be too hard to pull off, the Siren World sounds like a place we will visit often throughout the game, which mean travel between Link's World and the Siren World should be easy to achieve.

Wow, I got a reply from a Mod! Hm, only 3 notes? But there were 5 strings on each side. . . Meh, anyway. I really appreciate all of your therories and votes, so, Thankyou All!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom