• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zeldadungeon.net Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
U know how when you first go to the zelda dungeon home page nd there's lots of message boards(example of one: 25 strangest nintendo characters)?

How do you leave comments on those?

Big Octo

=^)
At the bottom of th editorial or article, there should be a text box with the words "leave a message" encrypted. Type your message, and if you're not registered on Disqus, leave your nickname in the other box that pops up asking for a name.

If this isn't there, tell us what is.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
There isn't anything there. just the end of the comments. maybe is a diffrent thing you have to sign up for

Majora's Cat

How about that
There isn't anything there. just the end of the comments. maybe is a diffrent thing you have to sign up for

Sounds like the comment section isn't appearing at all. Sometimes on devices that load pages more slowly, for a few seconds you'll see that the Disqus section almost missing entirely. It seems as if you're encountering this problem, except it is reoccurring. Is it possible for you to provide screenshots?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Sounds like the comment section isn't appearing at all. Sometimes on devices that load pages more slowly, for a few seconds you'll see that the Disqus section almost missing entirely. It seems as if you're encountering this problem, except it is reoccurring. Is it possible for you to provide screenshots?

This happens to me every time, actually. It always looks like this:
Y6DS

Not sure what the cause is, but in the browser I'm using, Google Chrome, that's how it shows up. Possibly this could be the result of an extension blocking the script or whatever it is that functions Disqus. But I tried using another browser recently, and the comment section appeared as it normally should. Problem is that I love Chrome too much to give it up (it's given me the best ever internetz experience I could hope for), so I'd suggest trying another browser. Mozilla Firefox is a step down from Chrome for me. Just don't resort to Internet Explorer; it sucks. ;)

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
@ Majora's Cat & Thareous

"so I'd suggest trying another browser"

Here's the thing, I'm using the opera browser on my computer. my INTERNET explorer always closes unexpectedly and i don't have windows 7. =\
We have a vry older edition of windows.

"But I tried using another browser recently, and the comment section appeared as it normally should"

So there really is a way to comment on the threads that are on the zelda dungeon home page? I wonder why it won't show up for me. Maybe I'm to much of a brand new member to have access to that yet.

" Is it possible for you to provide screenshots?"

Screen shots? do you mean am i amble to c the pictures that go along with the thread? if so, yes I can.

Here's the thing, I'm using the opera browser on my computer. my INTERNET explorer always closes unexpectedly and i don't have windows 7.

"But I tried using another browser recently, and the comment section appeared as it normally should"

So there really is a way to comment on the threads that are on the zelda dungeon home page? I wonder why it won't show up for me. Maybe I'm to much of a brand new member to have access to that yet.

Screen shots? do you mean am i amble to c the pictures that go along with the thread? if so, yes I can.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)

Here's the thing, I'm using the opera browser on my computer. my INTERNET explorer always closes unexpectedly and i don't have windows 7. =\

You don't need Windows 7 to run Chrome or Firefox. You may want to give them a try.

It's not that you're a new member, being registered on the forums means nothing to the Disqus comment system. Bear in mind that they're two completely different things.

That's not what he means. A screenshot is an image of what's currently on your screen. Press Ctrl+Print Screen for an image of your active window (in this case, your browser). Paste it (ctrl+V) into MS Paint, save it, and upload it here.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
@ Big Octo

"You don't need Windows 7 to run Chrome or Firefox. "

We tried to download those. there not capable with Windows M.E.

"Press Ctrl+Print Screen for an image of your active window (in this case, your browser). Paste it (ctrl+V) into MS Paint, save it, and upload it here."

IDK how to do that. unless u mean go up to file, go to "Print preveiw", save the preview as a picture then upload it here.
Is that wut you ment?

Big Octo

=^)
"Press Ctrl+Print Screen for an image of your active window (in this case, your browser). Paste it (ctrl+V) into MS Paint, save it, and upload it here."

IDK how to do that. unless u mean go up to file, go to "Print preveiw", save the preview as a picture then upload it here.
Is that wut you ment?

It's not what I mean. What I do mean is exactly how I said, and the instructions to do so are already given.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
@ Big Octo

Then apparently i cn't. I can press ctrl+P to make the printer settings come up , or print options or print preview.
and i'm sorry if i'm getting annoying, i'm not trying to-honest.

Big Octo

=^)
Then apparently i cn't. I can press ctrl+P to make the printer settings come up , or print options or print preview.
and i'm sorry if i'm getting annoying, i'm not trying to-honest.

Don't press those, you're not trying to print anything. Press Ctrl+ the Print Screen button. It's on the section of keys above the arrow keys. Although it says print, you're not actually physically printing anything. Once you've pressed these two buttons, open paint, press Ctrl+V, and save the image. Upload it here.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
@ Big Octo

no matter wut it'll save it as a bmp. even if i put png at the end it won't up load it.
it's in paint. like you told me to do

Big Octo

=^)
no matter wut it'll save it as a bmp. even if i put png at the end it won't up load it.
it's in paint. like you told me to do

Ah, even on the Save As option? Well, if you can't upload a screenshot, then perhaps the description alone was good enough...

I'm sure there are other browsers dated back to your OS, you might just have a look see. Other than that, there's not much I can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom