• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U More LIKE SKYRIM WII U!

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! this is so cool guys. I have come here to say that the new zelda is gonna be like elder scrolls skyrim. That game is so cool and way better than what zelda has been laterly. Skyward sword was stupid, just like my granmas cooking, i have high hopes for this game guys. nintendo finally know what we all want. what do you guys all think???

e35e65f7fd.jpg

.X.

Shouldn't it be: "Zelda Wii U More LIKE Zelda 1 on WII U!" Why does everyone keep saying its like Skyrim. The first Zelda had this way before Skyrim. :dry:

That said, I am extremely excited that they decided to bring the open world adventure back to Zelda. I personally did not mind SS. I had fun seeing Zelda being playful. I really do hope Zelda 2015 will bring long game play and hard puzzles into the mix.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Actually, when I first heard the "Zelda is going open world" bit, I thought of the MGSV trailer. Maybe because that trailer left a larger impression than the entirety of Skyrim.

Dan

Why does everyone think Zelda was the first open world game?
What about Ultima 1, or even Adventure in 1979?

I agree, people need to fact check what they say, there's already plenty of inaccurate information on the internet, we don't need more.
I still cry a little when people think the NES or Atari 2600 were the first ever game consoles.

I can't believe this is happening. You may want to apologize before things get sour. Anyway, Skyrim is not the first open-world game, not by a long shot. And we still have so little to go on; this new Zelda may not be all that people are hyping it up to be in terms of comparing it to games like Skyrim. There's nothing wrong with being über hyped about a new game, but don't feel bad if the game does not meet your expectations. It's best to contain your excitement, stay cool, and hope for the absolute best. This game will be, what, the 18th game to come out in the series? Most of us should know the routine by now.

Link18

link18
they literally said they took some inspiration from skyrim the open world part. probably becouse its what peaple recognize easily.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
People also forget that the more recent Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and on) took a certain degree of influence from Zelda, I mean just look at it, it basically took the elements from the original Zelda and put them in 3D (in a less linear manner than Ocarina of Time) while adding a poop ton of RPG elements.

Inspiration from Skyrim? Sure, the developers will probably learn from what was done to make that a successful game. This is how games get better.
To say that this will be "like" Skyrim though I think is far-fetched. Skyrim to me feels totally vast and open, which is great, but for me it lacked any kind of personal connection. The linearity of recent Zelda games has allowed for there to be a set story line with character arcs that really take you into the story of the game.

Basically, as great as Skyrim is, I see it more as a bunch of tasks to be done. With Zelda Wii U, I believe Nintendo will still want to establish this very cinematic-style and have some kind of plot driving the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom