• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda U As a Four Swords Game?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm not sure i want this in the near future, and certainly not for the wii u game. The four swords games required others for full enjoyment. Not that this is a bad thing, it is just that many Zelda fans have been playing since they first came out. The multiplayer games adhere to a younger generation and make it more difficult to play through. Perhaps the four swords could work if it is less like multiplayer and more switching from the different links, each with their own abilities or something.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I think you some of you guys might be a little confused about what I meant. It doesn't need to be top down. I think that's what could make it such a cool Four Sword game. It could be 3D!

So... a linear 3d episodic multiplayer arcade Zelda game?

Still passing.

Mido

Version 1
I think you some of you guys might be a little confused about what I meant. It doesn't need to be top down. I think that's what could make it such a cool Four Sword game. It could be 3D!

That is an interesting idea, yet I feel like a 3D Four Swords Entry would be more compatible with the 3DS's capabilities. Since each person would have his/her own system to use, the 3D gameplay, in my opinion, would allow more independence for the players and such, as each player can go off to do his/her own thing. I would imagine that the Wii U would be more limited in that aspect, not necessarily in terms of gameplay, but in player setup. This was my biggest gripe with Four Swords Adventures. Nonetheless, I think the concept still has a great deal of untapped potential for further elaborated use.

Skunk

Floof
I don't think having a Four Swords game on Wii U is a bad idea, just not a good one as the first series title on the platform.

I don't think having a Four Swords game on Wii U is a bad idea, just not a good one as the first series title on the platform.

I agree with this. Now that Nintendo is finally starting to embrace the use of the internet in its games, I think a Four Sword type of game that can be played locally as well as over the internet could be extremely fun. I do think a game like this could possibly work better on the 3DS, but considering that Nintendo is so behind on Wii U units, a game like this on the main console could be feasible. It's been a while since we've seen a multiplayer Zelda game, and I'm sure one will surface sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom