• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda Theory: The Sheikah Were the Original Inhabitants of Lanayru

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The Lanayru Desert and Timeshift Stones are some of the most mysterious subjects in Skyward Sword, or even Zelda in general. What are the specifics of the stones? What does the dragon Lanayru have to do with it? What happened to the bountiful paradise that became the desert? Who created the robots?

I believe that the original inhabitants of Lanayru became the Sheikah tribe, based on many observations about the area and the history of the Sheikah. First of all, the Timeshift stones.
1595795773035.pngIt’s pretty obvious that the symbol on the stone resembles the Sheikah symbol. Note: Although Impa (OoT) says that the tear was added after the royal family betrayed the Sheikah, Impa (SS) wears the insignia with the tear, along with the Timeshift Stones seeming to have it. Perhaps the betrayal is merely a legend, or not the cause of the tear?
The Sheikah as a race were the guardians of the Goddess Hylia. We see an older Impa watching over the Sealed Temple. I think it’s safe to assume that Sheikah would watch over the other Gate of Time, too; in the Temple of Time. The robot in front of the Temple states:
It’s my job to patrol outside the temple, vrrm!
Which brings me to my next point...
I believe the Sheikah created the technology in the desert. Not only have we seen their high abilities for technology later in the timeline, but someone must have created the robots and the buildings. The robots would help them complete manual labor, and, in the case of the one from earlier, guard duty.

Now, the obvious question that arises is: what happened to them? They don’t appear in the past when a Timeshift Stone is hit, and the only surviving one seems to be Impa. While there is little evidence here, I believe the Sheikah and a portion of the robots departed to fight Demise. (The robots are confirmed to have.) Perhaps the Sheikah died in this fight, as the guardians of Hylia, or perhaps they ascended to the sky, where they eventually forgot their roots upon Skyloft. I don’t know.
Another question is why the robots seem to serve the dragon Lanayru. Perhaps the Sheikah entrusted guardianship of the robots to the dragon when they departed?

Questions? Thoughts? Please share any conflicting evidence, if you have any!

One last note: while the Timeshift Stones do power the technology in the desert, I do not believe they power the Sheikah tech in BOTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom