• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda, The Movie

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
If a big time movie company said they would do one movie based on a already existing Zelda game (Skyward Sword NOT included) which game would you want to be made into a movie? Who would you want directing it? (you don't have to answer that one, its more of an optional thing if you wanted a specific director)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6224

I think links awakening would be a good one I don't know who would make it though

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
An epic 1 would be Majora's Mask same don't really know or care who directs as long as they don't anime it or make it extremely childish at least have a rating of PG-13.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i would want Stephen Spielberg to do a "Zelda Ocarina of Time" Movie. it would be so cool to see Link's first 3-D adventure on the big screen... ^^

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
There've been several fan movies of Zelda games so far, but they've all hardcore failed.

If I had to choose a game, I'd choose TP. The darkness and awesomeness of it would be too cool to pass up. I don't really care about who directs it as long as it's a legitimately good movie and they don't swear.

T

Triforcex38

They'd have to do it on Twilight Princess because the twilight effect would look so cool on the big screen and the story rocks!

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
i would want Stephen Spielberg to do a "Zelda Ocarina of Time" Movie. it would be so cool to see Link's first 3-D adventure on the big screen... ^^
I know it would be really cool to see OoT in the theatres. I hated that april fools joke that was on youtube it looked so real!:mad:

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
It's kind of a hard decision because, for me I would want the game that is the most cinematic. So if I had to choose I guess I would choose TP because it seems to have the best story flow for a movie. I would have chosen OOT but from the Fire temple through the Spirit temple it would be kind of a slow paced movie because it would be consistent circle of dungeon and bosses because their isnt as much of a story arc in that portion of the game. I would have also chosen MM but I didnt because I think it would have been weird to have show Link going back in time and doing all of the sidequests. That would seem to take away from the story and seem more like unneeded added material. Though they could make the movie where it was only the minimal to beat the game but then you wouldnt get the full effect of majora's mask's destruction and corruption of Termina.

On another note to get all of the needed material in TP into the movie I would guess that the movie would have to be split into two movies. The split in my opinion would have to come after stallord right when Link and Midna find the broken Twilight Mirror

I don't really want a movie, I think Zelda works best as a video game. A movie would just look like another generic fantasy film, a lot of the elements that make Zelda great cannot really be translated into a film.

I heartily agree with Seth. A Zelda movie would destroy the magic of a Zelda video game. You couldn't squeeze everything in it within the average movie time limit and Hollywood is all about money so you know they wouldn't stay true to the story. They'd spice up the dull parts with untrue sequences, add some overdone romance between Link and Zelda (and other characters for that matter) and who knows what else. No Zelda movies please!

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Oh man. I see it coming. The new epic directed by Uwe Boll: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Twilight and the Mask of Time.

I totally agree with Seth. A movie is determined to suck. Watch all the pathetic fan crap. Combine it with the magic of Hollywood. Horror. I never ever want to see a Live Action version of any Zelda game. You have to Reimagine every character (in design). Look at the horrible Live Action version of Dragonball. End of the story ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom