• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Reference in Catherine

In the new Atlus game called "Catherine" The girl the game is named after Catherine wears a shirt that has 4 hearts with 1 1/2 full and 2 empty. I think it is pretty nice that they gave this nod to Zelda. The PR guy hints at it indeed being in reference in this unboxing video.

[video=youtube_share;-q540tIratA]http://youtu.be/-q540tIratA[/video]

Oh, that's cool. Thanks for posting this. This was interesting to see. I've had a passing interest in this game, and though my decision to get it or not will probably be largely dependent on how overdone the sexual content is, I'm still interested in seeing stuff like this, and it's good to hear that they're taking notice of other successful series in the industry. I mean of course people take notice of Zelda and it's not like it means a lot that they referenced an extremely popular series, but it's cool at the very least.

The unboxing itself was interesting too, so once again thanks for posting the video. Definitely looks like a worthwhile special edition to get, especially for the soundtrack and artbook, which tends to be my favorite kind of collectible for a game (even if most of the art is probably ecchi >.< ).

Sorta off topic, but when he was talking about how twisted and disturbing the game will be, it sorta gave me a realization about the sexual content. Of course it still depends on how they execute it, but inserting sexual themes into a twisted story could ultimately end up making it far more twisted. Kind of like how Shadsie (excellent writer who posts some of her stories and fanfictions in Fan Works on this forum, if you didn't know already) told me she puts in some sexual themes for creepy sequences. I dunno, I think it's possible that they might insert those themes in a skillful way and for a fascinating reason like that, though again it's really hard to say.

Anyway, cool easter egg. Would be awesome if they had more, but that might be the only one. It seems like it's quite in keeping with the game's themes, what with being out of hearts, so I think that it's either the only on or any others will be just as subtle and fitting (and possibly not strictly Zelda).

though my decision to get it or not will probably be largely dependent on how overdone the sexual content is, I'm still interested in seeing stuff like this, and it's good to hear that they're taking notice of other successful series in the industry. I mean of course people take notice of Zelda and it's not like it means a lot that they referenced an extremely popular series, but it's cool at the very least.

I own the game and am on the 6 night. So far the "sexual" content is no worst then what you would see in a prime time show like Criminal Minds or Law & Order: SVU. Catherine adds the most, but I have seen far worst on normal prime time TV. I think the M rating is much more due to the drinking(the game asks you to get drunk) and the cussing(lots of f bombs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom