• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Randomizer

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So i figure this is somewhat appropriate considering that recently i started doing them, but what do you all think of Randomizers? And out those who are doing them, who do you like the most?

For me Randomizers are bloody fantastic they help breathe a bit of new life and replayability into games that've been played to death (OOT, ALTTP) and some of the people i like to watch just ridiculously excel at them my personal favorite is a dude called Andy, i learnt some neat tricks from him ^^

So yeah do you hate them love them want to burn the in the fires of hell?

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I will be uploading my WWR in few days, I enjoy learning new things, like how turrets can be destroyed using the boomerang, or how light arrows OHKO everything!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I will be uploading my WWR in few days, I enjoy learning new things, like how turrets can be destroyed using the boomerang, or how light arrows OHKO everything!

i knew bout light arrows but not the turrets thing, huh learn sommat knew everyday, i know you can bomb the turrets from above but still that's a good thin to learn

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
For some reason I had no interest in watching them as lets plays when it was just ALttP but with OoT one and WW one I have been watching have been very entertaining. I wish you luck with WW Shiro.

I really want to play the OoT randomizer, haven't gotten to it yet. I've watched people on youtube play them and it's kinda funny to watch someone get the mirror shield in the very first chest in the game lol.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
For some reason I had no interest in watching them as lets plays when it was just ALttP but with OoT one and WW one I have been watching have been very entertaining. I wish you luck with WW Shiro.

For some reason Wind Waker in a randomiser has a hell of a lotta charm to it. Not sure why, you gotta dredge at least 40 chests from the sea bottom, i suppose cuz it feels like it's a more fuller world in a randomizer, it forces a person to check all the places, i found chests that i've never even found before during this randomizer :P

I really want to play the OoT randomizer, haven't gotten to it yet. I've watched people on youtube play them and it's kinda funny to watch someone get the mirror shield in the very first chest in the game lol.

Gotta say totally worth it, in midos house i found silver scale and mirror shield then spent so damned long searching for an ocarina, but an OOT rando is some serious fun i'd recommend it

I’ve played the ALTTP randomiser and it was really fun. I would do it again.

ALTTP i think is the quickest randomizer, probably the reason why you see it at the speed running communities more than WW or OOT, but aside from quickiest for some runs it cna be the best on others absolutely torturous, it's nice though that it's ridiculously cusomizable.

ALTTP i think is the quickest randomizer, probably the reason why you see it at the speed running communities more than WW or OOT, but aside from quickiest for some runs it cna be the best on others absolutely torturous, it's nice though that it's ridiculously cusomizable.
Actually I think you're mostly right. I won't speak about WW for all the obvious reasons. But OOT, the most common speed run category there is the glitch child warp to Ganon's castle warp. That's like 25 minutes. The total opposite of the randomiser which is essentially a 100% speed run until you find enough items to beat the game. The 100% OOT category is just not as popular anymore.

ALTTP is a much quicker 100% run, more popular and more fun and since that's what all the beginings of every randomiser run is, to find the items you need, this makes ALTTP more fun to play and to watch randomised.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Actually I think you're mostly right. I won't speak about WW for all the obvious reasons. But OOT, the most common speed run category there is the glitch child warp to Ganon's castle warp. That's like 25 minutes. The total opposite of the randomiser which is essentially a 100% speed run until you find enough items to beat the game. The 100% OOT category is just not as popular anymore.

ALTTP is a much quicker 100% run, more popular and more fun and since that's what all the beginings of every randomiser run is, to find the items you need, this makes ALTTP more fun to play and to watch randomised.

That and the fact that ALTTP isn't as big a world and so it's relatively easy to find what your searching for OOT has a bunch of specific grottos blocked off without song of storms, chests that needs suns songs, grottos locked by bombs, the skulltulas (where the reward can come from 5 spots) and just in general a hell of a lot of trash items

Case in point ALTTP rarely has more than 1 items in a single location, Hype Cave and Paradox Cave being general exceptions (and thus usually checked ASAP) OOT has gerudo's training ground and ganons tower which have 8-12 chests which can contain items, i literally found 9 of mine in gerudo grounds and a further 4 in Ganons Castle literally a third of my gear in those two locales

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom