• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda : Prophet of Light

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
This has not been confirmed as of yet, we aren't Entirely sure that THIS is the title. But I must admit, I when I saw the top 10 video over at Zelda Informer, They revealed THAT name. Maybe it is the name, but we really don't know.

And if it is true, the girl might be the prophet of light.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I've been researching into this... though I have yet to pinpoint whether it was first mentioned by said other Zelda site, or whether it was someone else. Tracking back a little, I think it originated from someone called "opinionatedfish", who claims to also have been spot on in predicting that Link was the wolf and that you'd be able to interact with animals in TP, just off the first trailer. (His response is about half way down this page http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/c8w2d/new_zelda_wii_info/ and further details/discussion can be found here http://pastebin.com/ZMKcZnwv ) Some of the comments on the "IGN Top 10 anitcipated games at E3" on previously mentioned Zelda site where the 'Prophet of Light' first appeared (was later edited in) seem to point towards that site having received the name from a convincing enough source (and have been know before to half-trust things from places with a good guessing track record e.g. 2ch)... or that's just what they want us to think to gain more attention (as dragmire said too).

Either way, I'm still in the process of checking how legit this all is, or whether all the "Prophet of Light" sources are in cahoots just to mess with our minds before E3... but I'll update once I've found more.

EDIT: Kay, as of now, I think the site mentioned were the ones to start the rumour, and also, they they're very evil for messing around with us XD Other than that, I am certain of nothing.

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Thanks for the sources, NorthApple.

I always already assuming that the title was a hoax, and now I've even more convinced that it is. Seems like a ploy to get people to join the ZI forums.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
If it is, then I predict a return of the light sword from TP and ST. (In TP it cut through darkness, in ST it let you stun phantoms.)

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Okay, after scrolling through many junk post on ZI, the kanji " 光の予言者" was posted by one of the site-people, and after looking it up, literally it means:

光(light)
の(of)
予言(prediction/promise/prognostication)
[FONT=&quot]
者 (person)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Which does roughly translates to "Prophet of Light" when you put it all together... which, if it is real, sounds pretty Zelda-ish and would make an okay name, if Nintendo don't deem it too much of a religious reference or something, and change it like they did with LttP. Though what would be more interesting is if ZI would actually post a source for these Kanji... because right now it all seems like an elaborate mind game of a hoax (which I'm guessing it probably is). Still, at least someone did their homework.

Still, we'll know the truth in less than 2 weeks now anyway :D

[/FONT]

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Okay, after scrolling through many junk post on ZI, the kanji " 光の予言者" was posted by one of the site-people, and after looking it up, literally it means:

光(light)
の(of)
予言(prediction/promise/prognostication)
[FONT=&quot]
者 (person)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Which does roughly translates to "Prophet of Light" when you put it all together... which, if it is real, sounds pretty Zelda-ish and would make an okay name, if Nintendo don't deem it too much of a religious reference or something, and change it like they did with LttP. Though what would be more interesting is if ZI would actually post a source for these Kanji... because right now it all seems like an elaborate mind game of a hoax (which I'm guessing it probably is).

Still, we'll know the truth in less than 2 weeks now anyway :D

[/FONT]
But where are they getting all the kana for this? Simply posting words in Japanese on their site doesn't make anything for sure. Is there an image somewhere they found the Japanese on? Or an interview where it was mentioned? Have they mentioned any sources as to where they found this title?

T

The Light Arrow

Well, I suppose that it's now time to take bets. I bet five dollars Monopoly Money that the title will indeed be Prophet of Light:

monopoly_money_5.jpg

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
But where are they getting all the kana for this? Simply posting words in Japanese on their site doesn't make anything for sure. Is there an image somewhere they found the Japanese on? Or an interview where it was mentioned? Have they mentioned any sources as to where they found this title?

I know, the fact is they haven't given any proof yet and without evidence it all means nothing. They claim to have contact with an insider, and that ZI has decided to withold for now so they can watch people guess. In other words, that seems like they're bluffing. For now, anyway.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
They must show where they got the information from. A title itself doesn't say anything yet. The title sounds pretty cool I must say but still I rather wait till it is officially confirmed

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It does seem like it would fit as a Zelda-esque name, but that means nothing. It also seemed really odd to me that on ZI, where I first saw the name, they made no attempt to explain where the name came from, thus completely debunking its potential credibility as a name in my mind. At any rate, even if it was the name, there's always the chance it'll be censored. After all, smaller things have been censored for lesser reasons before.

T

The Light Arrow

Actually, if I remember correctly, ZI only gave out the acronym and confirmed it after it was guessed.

Ikana

Trollkastel
They really don't have any proof of this and personally I don't like the name very much,it doesn't seem to fit too well in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom