• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda OOT Co-op, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

funkypupster

Hey guys!

i recently came upon a view old mods for the Project 64 emulator, one of which is 4player zelda! where 2-4 players can play as another link in the game! kind of like four swords adventures.. but in OOT.

It is easy to install, and i wrapped up everything in a nice box so it will take you seconds to set up the emulator, and connect to my game.
i'm trying to get people to play for fun, because well.. COOP ON ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME!! this is almost every zelda fan's dream!

if you're interested at all, or have any questions, shoot me an email! [email protected]

you can also message me on skype: funkypupster

l-516x387.jpg

this is something ive been fangirling about for a while, so let me know if you want to try it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
this is almost every zelda fan's dream!

Not mine...

Ocarina of Time has always been known as the epic, single-player adventure that revolutionized the Zelda series. Playing a modded version of the game that has four Links wouldn't necessarily ruin the game, but it wouldn't be the same. And it definitely wouldn't be as enjoyable to play imo. Don't get me wrong, as I love the Four Swords games; I just don't think a multiplayer OOT would work very well.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Eh, I've seen this hack and it's pretty cool, however I remember reading on some bugs. Apparently one needs some codes because doors can't be opened? o_O

I'm interested, but I have my mind elsewhere for the time being.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
The only reason I'd see not to play this is because of being squeamish about emulation, which I'm not.
Sure! I'd play! I've heard of this mod, but never heard whether it was done or not. So... how does the emulator do it?

F

funkypupster

The emulator just multiplies the links and gives them controls, so on the 'n64', p2,3, and 4 can play.

The bugs are definitely stated but there are workarounds for each bug. Sure it wont be perfect, but its a different concept! And i really have fun with it.

There are obviously going to be glitches here and there. About the cutscenes: they work smoothly, and the other links can go running around in and out of camera view during the scene, its quite funny. With the locked doors- a mod was placed where the places can noclip-float through walls, so while P1 goes through the door, everyone else noclips through it. There is also a mod installed where u can teleport where you'd like in the game, so if your buddies want to fight the forest temple boss, you can go fight him! Save file 1 gives you all items and hearts in the game while save file 2-3 start u from
The beginning.

Any further questions? Email me at [email protected] !!

The emulator runs a debugged version of the game, and a mod is installed allowing 4 links. Netplay connects p2,3,4, or u can play locally. You're able to map out controls for the other players, so if you'd like, you can play locally. Hamachi is used to conmect to each other.

I understand what you mean, and i have thoroughly enjoyed this amazing game. Truthfully, timewise this game was the reason i wanted to learn to read before pre-school. You have a point, but this is something to do with other fans just for fun. Its nothing serious! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom