• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Musical Easter Eggs And/or Throwbacks!

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I started playing Zelda when I first got TP for the wii ages ago and since I have really gotten into it I started to notice stuff in the music. There are several I will speak about, but I would like to hear your thoughts/other idea things about musical easter eggs and/or throwbacks.

I'll start off with the most obvious one:
Skyward Sword main theme, LoZ SS: This theme is pretty much Zelda's Lullaby played backwards with some bits added in. None-the-less it's still epic and probably my fave music in Zelda.

Village of the Blue Maiden, LoZ FSA: This is Kakarico village theme sped up and given a bit of a remix. It fits perfectly with the adventuring side of the game whilst giving it an up-beat twist!

Kakarico Village, LoZ TP: Once again, this bit of music has a throwback to the OoT Kakarico village theme. At the start it does the first six notes and then goes off into it's own bit.

Battle against Puppet Zelda, LoZ TP: Another from TP, this music holds a slightly creepier version of Zelda's Lullaby in it. It's easy to spot.

Midna's Lament, LoZ TP: Again from TP (it's full of them), Midna's Lament is a sad bit of music, perfectly capturing the essence of desperation (hence it's other name Midna's Desperate Hour) but if you speed it up a bit, it sounds just like the TP Hyrule Field theme.

Queen Rutela, LoZ TP: A throwback to OoT this one, becase it is a re-arranged version of Serenade of Water.

Ocarina of Time Intro, LoZ OoT: Off the scent of TP now, if you listen to the first six notes you may hear the warp wistle from Super Mario bros 3, or the Recorder from the original Legend of Zelda.

That's all that I have for now, but I want to see your ideas!!!

Conor

the over analysing guy
I'm pretty sure I heard a little bit of Volvagia's theme when fighting Stallord, let's not forget the similarities between forest haven and kokiri forest either :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom