• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Maker?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
*There are already a few threads for this, but I think they are a bit old to be revived looking at the date they were posted*

Mario Maker was a HUGE success to Nintendo. What about a Zelda maker, where you could make your own Zelda games / boss fights / whatever.

Do you think we'll see one? Would you like to see one? DISCUSS!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'd say Zelda II is just way too different from the others to go with a Zelda maker, and making an Overworld a little too much.
ce2.png

I'd say go for LoZ, ALttP, MC, and ALBW. All great 2-D games with strong and different art styles. And I would buy the hell out of that game.

D

Deleted member 14134

Mario and Zelda are such different games and while I've seen people do amazing things with Mario I just don't think that the creative potential exists to have a Zelda maker.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Wasn't zelda 1 originally going to be designed for people to create their own dungeons to share with their friends for them to try and beat it? With the modern technology and being able to connect to the Internet I don't see why a 2d zelda dungeon creator would out of reach. It could be quite fun to design and share dungeons with others

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Yeah I was about to say, for those of you who purchased the Hyrule Historia (you can probably find this elsewhere too though) it said that the original Zelda was meant to be a dungeon builder type game where you could share dungeons with your friends. Idk how that would have worked though because they didn’t really have the technology to share levels back then. Either way, that’s what they were going for at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom