• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda+Link ?

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Well, im sorta bumed out that Zelda and Link are prety much ment for each other, and still have not realy been bf & gf. do you think that'll happen in a Zelda game thats not yet realesed?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No. I may support Zelda x Link, however I seriously doubt that will ever happen in-game. There are plenty of fans who don't like the pairing, and they would be upset if Nintendo outright made them a couple in a game. Nintendo has to be courteous to ALL of their fans, not just a few. Otherwise, it's bad business.

So, I say leave the Zelda x Link stuff for fan art and fan fiction. ;)

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I hope so in skyward sword it already seemed like they loved each other so sooner or later it should happen. :P

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I hope not. Each game has a different Link and Zelda (other than OoT>MM). So you can't keep repeating the pairing. SS pretty much did it, as it's implied that they have kids and whatever. BUT, the game is an adventure/fantasy game, not a romance. I may like talking about possible pairings but ultimately I think it should be left to our imagination and to the fodder of fanfiction.

Fig

The Altruist
I always believed in this specific relationship to possibly exist! Though it will only happen in the minds of fans supporting the relationship, I really enjoyed the friendship that the two had in Skyward Sword! <3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ZeLink in my opinion will never exist canonically. Nintendo loves to tease, but besides that, confirming ZeLink to be canon will turn a LOT of other fans off (believe it or not many people play Zelda because they can do fanpairings). It's a great idea, and I personally would love to see it happen, but knowing Nintendo and many fans...blah. Hatred would stream from every corner.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They kinda are in SS. They certainly have feelings for each other and before Zelda gets herself kidnapped I'm sure she was about to tell link about her romantic feelings towards him. I doubt they will ever be a proper couple in games, like husband and wife or outright Bf and Gf because it takes away from the idea that link meets many love interests on his journey. In OOT many think that link should be with Malon, however many others think he should be with Zelda, Ruto, Nabooru or Saria, or the Cuccoo lady. I think by having them be together outright would take that away from the player.

So no, not in the way you suggest, but could be like in SS again or OOT.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
No. I may support Zelda x Link, however I seriously doubt that will ever happen in-game. There are plenty of fans who don't like the pairing, and they would be upset if Nintendo outright made them a couple in a game. Nintendo has to be courteous to ALL of their fans, not just a few. Otherwise, it's bad business.

So, I say leave the Zelda x Link stuff for fan art and fan fiction. ;)
I agree completely. I wouldn't say that it's impossible in the future for Nintendo to make them a couple (I mean, I know you'd THINK they'd want to please all their fans, but those same people are unhappy with SS and ST's romantic hints, and they seem to be getting more and more obvious about it...) but I certainly don't think it's the best choice for them. Link x Zelda fanfics are great, but the canon shouldn't force it on everyone else.

Each game has a different Link and Zelda (other than OoT>MM).
There are quite a few games with the same Link/Zelda besides OoT and MM...

LinkXZelda is actually impossible. If Link and Zelda got together, it would mean all the other Links and Zeldas after them were related to eachother and Link would be royalty, and we know none of the Links and Zeldas are related to eachother and we know none of the Links are royalty.
But Link did plant one on the princess in Zelda-II. Go play that game all you ZeLinkers!
I support LinkXMalon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom