• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Games in 3D

I heard someone talking about a 3D Link to the Past remake and while I don't think this is what it meant it gave me an idea. What if Nintendo remade all the Zelda games, but made them play like Ocarina of Time. Like if you changed the original Zelda from top down to 3D do you think it might play better or worse? I thought what they could do is maybe put the original and then the 3D version on the cartridge or disk so people would still have reason to buy it if they didn't like the idea. Anyway, my question is do you think that it might make some Zelda games more fun to play or just be a dumb idea?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It is in no way a dumb idea; it'd be an interesting twist on previous Legends. The Oracle games in 3D? Yes please -- Seasons is an action oriented game which means ENEMIES GALORE. Ages is a puzzle oriented game, so the devs could play around with depth and what not. Making the 2D games in three dimensions is an awesome idea and I'd love it. The only problem is that Nintendo themselves would probably have to work on it, so unless they have different teams like Kingdom Hearts does, all of their resources and time would be spent on those remakes rather than a 'new game'.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Remake every last 2D Zelda game in 3D? Hell no. What would the point of that be? New games are what Nintendo needs to dish out, not rehashes of the past. There's no reason for any more Zelda titles to be remade, let alone every 2D game.

Nintendo are in a remaking mood recently, We've had OoT and they seem to want to remake ALttP whereas the fans want MM3d, granted OoT and MM are already 3D but ALttP, and while its vague as to what ALttP would be/would have been should it ever come to exist there is a possibility of it being 3D which means a lot of work for nintendo or whoever ever they lend the game out to, you cant remake a 2d world into a 3d world like OoT especially when ALttP remains a paragon of Zelda's 2d installments, for this reason alone of the work involved it'd be expensive and time consuming for whoever were to change the whole engine of the game, so i don't think we'll get any 2D games becoming 3D, not when nintendo like to make new things and try new stuff in terms of gameplay.

That being said, were the games to be made into 3d they'd sell like wildfire. old fans are very attached to the 2d games because they grew up with them, i myself really love Link's Awakening and have been clamouring for a mad off its nut installment just like it in the 3D world, we got MM but that wasn't the same it did show us though that nintnedo aren't against going crazy with zelda every now and again...

So i'd really love LA in 3D and i'm sure others would really like Minish Cap or even Adventure of Link in 3D, though i can't see it ever happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom