• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Gameplay Competition: Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Congratulations to everyone for at least trying last round, however it's high time we get back to Majora's Mask. As is standard, the rules this round are:

Prompt: Complete Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask whilst obtaining all fifteen stray fairies in the process.

Rules
-No cheat codes.
-No glitches.
-No fairies.
-You must have fun.

Mask Restrictions: None.

Goal: Shortest time possible!

Prize: Award for first place; 200 gold to first place, 100 gold to second place, 50 gold to third, 25 for all others.

Deadline: September 30th, 2013 8:00PM CST (9:00PM EST)

Two challenges for round six: Defeat Majora and Inside the Deku Tree!

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yay. Got the file ready to go.

Deadline: July 31, 2013 8:00PM CST (9:00PM EST)

Well damn. Guess it's over. =/

I'm considering either closing MM up with this round, or having two challenges for round 6.

What other challenges do you consider doing in Majora's Mask? Would a second challenge in round 6 relate to the first at all?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well damn. Guess it's over. =/
Honestly I feel like punching myself in the face. I fixed it, but it's ahorrible mistake Q_Q
What other challenges do you consider doing in Majora's Mask? Would a second challenge in round 6 relate to the first at all?
I was considering wrapping MM up with the final battle - Majora's Mask, Majora's Incarnation, and Majora's Wrath - without using Fierce Deity Mask. And after that? An accuracy test for THEM. In this case, the second isn't at all related to the first; it's more of a minigame than anything else. :P

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Haven't touched the game all month. @_@ Whelp, school is over now, so I can actually start planning a route. I feel like that'll be the hardest part. Can't imagine doing the temple more than a few times, and I'll end up just submitting the best of that bunch.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Alright, I think I've decided what I'll do. Next round will be two things: Defeat Majora (MM) and complete Inside the Deku Tree (OoT). If you want, we can trade OoT for another game. ^^

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sounds good. Can I recommend that we only continue with the Ocarina of Time dungeons after we see how the turnout of the Inside the Deku Tree run goes?

I, for one, would love short challenges (such as the previous Demise attempt) that take little time to do, in order to encourage participation. A run like we're doing now that forces a late dungeon with lots of preparation (and difficulty to boot) will never receive much attention. The lack of activity in this very thread is evident enough, as say compared to the Demise challenge thread.

Now I know the Demise challenge actually received a terrible amount of entries, I can assure that is due to the difficulty of it. For the future, something along the lines of letter-sorting in The Wind Waker would be ideal, even though I personally would hate that because I suck at it. :P It can be done at any point of the game past the intro, takes literally thirty seconds to do, has no true difficulty to speak of, and still varies heavily in results. I think that's what to aim for.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Minigames were on my list of to dos, actually. I was thinking we could make rounds with any minigame from any game, but I figured that people would not necessarily be interested because minigames are one of those "afterthoughts".

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, submissions are officially closed. I got one submission this time, likely due to school:
Krazy4Krash's Submission
[video=youtube;iHW4OHLQz7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHW4OHLQz7U[/video]
Total Time: 47:41

And as such, Krazy4Krash is the winner. Gold shall be distributed, and award given hopefully ASAP. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom