• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Fun Facts!

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I just had this idea: to see how many interesting Legend of Zelda things might not be known by the majority of players.
I'm curious what you might have found out about something in Legend of Zelda, that most players had no idea about.

For example, I just found this out about a month or two ago: Dark Link in OoT, mimics your health so he only takes more hits the higher your HP is, and 2-3 hits if you're doing a 3-Heart Run!

Did you already know this about Dark Link? What fun/interesting facts have you found out about LoZ? :)

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
I knew it! But a nice one anyways.

If you steal something from the Town Tool Shop in Link's Awakening, you will be called "THIEF" instead of the your chosen name by all characters for the rest of your journey.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I didn't know that, then again, I haven't played through all of Link's Awakening in a while.

Did you know it took months to get young Link's "Open Chest" action correct? The creators actually brought in a treasure chest to the... place where they work (mind-blank o_O), and when co-workers came in, they delightedly said, "You have to kick it to open it!"

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Start up a new file on Ocarina of Time and pay attention to the grass next to Saria's house. It's in a circle, however when you go there anytime as a child there will be a few bushes scattered around. When you become an adult the grass will be in a circle again, just like the cut scene in the beginning of the game.. Which means Link's house is a time machine!:O

Mind=blown.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Did you know that "The Phantom of the Opera" is the same age as "The Legend of Zelda" series. The movie theater I work at is showing it from London as part of the anniversary.

Did you know that a spin off game called Tetra's Trackers was going to be released, but was cancelled (you probobly already knew that)?

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
This is from the back of my Link's Awakening guide, but...

did you know that by tossing the boomerang then lifting the Flying Rooster, your boomerang will try to return to you, but will be unable. it will remain fluttering and following underneath you until you land. In all that time it is fluttering, if you move with the bird, the boomerang will act like a lawn mowre to enemies.

You all knew this, but I just feel like contributing xD Ocarina of Time was originally going to be played in first-person view for the entire game, involuntarily. You would run through the whole quest without even seeing Link (side from cut-scenes I can only assume). However, the creators eventually scraped the idea (although much of the game was created with the first-person view only in mind) because they thought swordplay would be easier, and people would better be able to enjoy the 3D environment and beautiful scenery in the game ^.^

Pen

The game is on!
Did you know that in the Japanese versions of Majora's Mask there were no Owl Statues, so one could only save by traveling back to the dawn of the first day.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I found this today. In Majora's Mask go to the Magic Hag's potion shop (while Kotake is still there). Do the see through walls glitch (roll against a wall and press C-up in mid-roll) against her desk. She's standing on top of a box with an orange on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom